Author Topic: what year was getbig at its prime?  (Read 12517 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: what year was getbig at its prime?
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2012, 10:21:12 AM »
From April 02,2007 on :)

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2012, 10:22:27 AM »
I still have em all.  One day Ron will enable 'guest' function for a week and this place will be amazing.   pros will all return.  It'll be glorious. 

Heck, turning on 'guest' for one hour, every Sunday night, and telling the moderators to take that hour off... the traffic would be INSANE.
Can you repost them? Start a new thread maybe? Would love to see them !

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2012, 10:24:18 AM »
When the guest feature was here haha

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2012, 10:26:53 AM »
Sunday from 10 to 11 pm EST.  Every week.  Getbig moderators take the hour off.   Guest function enabled - but only for that hour.  And only on the Gossip/opinion board.  An hour later, mods come in and nuke it all.  People will be saving screenshots left and right.  

The most entertaining hour in BBing each week.  Guaranteed.  People will save their stories, animated gifs, outings, threats, etc for Sunday night.  At 10:01 pm every sunday night, you'll have 75 new threads appear - all of them gold.

Make this happen

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2012, 10:27:47 AM »
Make this happen
Violent crime would probably increase practically overnight as angry BB industry insiders attempted to track down and murder their tormentors.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2012, 10:28:43 AM »
No one cares enough anymore, it's all played out!  It was funny then cuz it was new...
:)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2012, 10:30:03 AM »
No one cares enough anymore, it's all played out!  It was funny then cuz it was new...
It was funny because of the people getting all offended by the actions of internet nobodies.

Today, there is no big names here to offend and make meltdown. No one cares if some anonymous douche from butt fuck no where gets offended and cries.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2012, 10:33:14 AM »
Haha yes, some enterprising getbigger would own/out a 2nd- or 3rd-tier pro, who would then sign on as a guest claiming to be a "close friend" of the pro in question with connections to dangerous people and make a threat of violence.

EH

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2012, 10:34:50 AM »
'98 when the 'flame krew' punk aussie kids were here. principal skinner is the only name i remember. there were a couple others. same time as daveP and adam ramsey. back when 'bolex was yellow.

'01-02 when tom prince would post here inbetween doing speedballs, angry at the world, self-righteous, with delusions of granduer.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2012, 10:35:43 AM »
'01-02 when tom prince would post here inbetween doing speedballs, angry at the world, self-righteous, with delusions of granduer.
Advil bro, advil.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2012, 03:24:15 PM »
2005-2008 was a good era.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2012, 04:01:15 PM »
'98 when the 'flame krew' punk aussie kids were here. principal skinner is the only name i remember. there were a couple others. same time as daveP and adam ramsey. back when 'bolex was yellow.

Yellow 'bolex...that was before triedia popped up, back when animal kits was "anarchyintheusa.com"

Y

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2012, 04:05:23 PM »
No one cares enough anymore, it's all played out!  It was funny then cuz it was new...

This is kinda true, everything goes in cycles( pun intended :D)tho, wouldn't  surprise me if it picked up again people fade in and out of here. I know I have

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2012, 04:10:42 PM »
This is kinda true, everything goes in cycles( pun intended :D)tho, wouldn't  surprise me if it picked up again people fade in and out of here. I know I have

This. I've seen posters come and go, and will have to eventually give it up as well. I guess your own sense of humor evolves.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »
When the "guest" feature is in full force. Some of the funniest shit came from "guests"

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2012, 08:54:10 PM »
I came in to GetBig in 2006 I think so I am late to some of the stuff that went on..but the threads I remember most that really hooked me were

1. The Bethany Howlett thread where it came out that a Getbigger had paid her to meet for sex and she never showed up....thus keeping his money..this thread made me become a member..it was like a long running soap.

2. Lee Priest threatening a Getbigger who was constantly harassing him and asking him to show up at a certain location in California where he was going to be waiting for the guy to kick his ass.....this thread kept being updated by Lee with stuff like..."I am now leaving to head over California...meet me at...."  "I am now in California heading over to the___. I will be there in one hour"..of course the the getbigger who was shit-talking never showed up.

3. King Kamali's meltdowns...

4. King Kamali and his brand new product, PLAZMOSIS which was supposed to revolutionize bodybuilding..the ribbing he took on this permanently drove him from getbig....

5. The SUCKMYMUSCLE outing

6. Pillowtalk's outing as a child molester

7. Squadfather's outing as a fat slob who lived in a trailer park

8. The numerous threads on Craig Titus after he was accused of murder and was on the run....the endless speculation was entertaining

9. The very funny and entertaining threads by DeBussey

10. the posts by Danielson, Special Ed, Soundness (who advocated piss drinking), Blockhead, Sevatase,..unfortunately these guys are gone
Good points. Those all were great times here.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2012, 09:07:01 PM »
'04-'07 for me

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2012, 09:51:34 PM »
Getbig wasn't the same after Onlyme went off to fight the giant spider in the sky.

I say this with all due respect to the deceased, and it is not meant as a commentary toward Keith as a husband, father, brother, son, or friend.

I never thought OnlyMe was anything other than an average GB poster. His rant-like responses weren't funny, insightful, or witty, and were littered with typos and grammatical errors. His photoshops were blah. Goodrum owned him in many discussion/arguments. And quite frankly, Keith's failed business dealings, and number of people he owed money to really made one wonder about his character.

Now I'm not here to trample on the dead, I realize he was a friend to many on GB.....but he was certainly nothing more than an average Getbigger IMHO.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2012, 09:53:05 PM »
Who the fuck was Benz, and where the fuck did he go?

That funny son of a bitch

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2012, 09:33:12 PM »
Who the fuck was Benz, and where the fuck did he go?

That funny son of a bitch

lol

i have so many memories of this place

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2012, 09:52:02 PM »
lol

i have so many memories of this place

The funniest thing ever on getbig was when Coach (who was already being annoying as hell) decided it would be a good idea to post a photo of his son on the G&O.

Benz quickly photoshopped his sons face on some twink getting fucked in the ass.

I've never seen such an instant, intense meltdown.  Coach flipped out and made about 50 posts.  I had tears running down my face I was laughing so hard. 

He disappeared for 2 weeks and came back as Joe Loco I think.  ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2012, 10:35:46 PM »
Can someone post the link to the Pillowtalk thread where he was outed as a pedophile???