Author Topic: Muscle Beach History - by Stuntmovie  (Read 728670 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Muscle Beach History - by Stuntmovie
« Reply #525 on: July 12, 2013, 12:45:58 PM »
 :)
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #526 on: July 12, 2013, 12:47:24 PM »
 :)eddie guiliani
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #527 on: July 12, 2013, 12:49:40 PM »
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #528 on: July 12, 2013, 12:50:29 PM »
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #529 on: July 12, 2013, 12:51:42 PM »
 ;)
F

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #530 on: July 13, 2013, 06:42:20 AM »
Bill Grant went off the radar in 2011. He had a show on the East coast if I recall and kept active with many inteviews. I would see Kent Kuehn, the host of Golds Mecca, at the Muscle Beach shows with the Ironman Mag peeps. We would visit and he always said..."You just missed Bill Grant". Bill stayed with Kent when visiting the left coast. Kent was wheel chair bound when we last visited in 2011. So my question is....anybody have updates on Bill or Kent?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #531 on: July 13, 2013, 09:27:51 AM »
MB, I  have not seen Bill in many years but I see Kent at least once a year while visiting LA. Last run-in was at last month's annual Memorial Day contest at Venice Brach.

Kent was sitting in his chair in the shade under the officials' tent and I was standing about 10 feet away and yelled a "Howdy!" and he was in the process of getting up to come over to talk but I yelled, "Stay there. I'll talk to you after this is over!" but due to all the activity, that didn't occur.

He looked as well as he looked in the previous year, but not as well as he looked in the 1980's.  

I've noticed that among all my old friends from those good old days  .

It must be something contagious!

I'll post some pictures we took that day.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #532 on: July 13, 2013, 10:16:22 AM »
Bill Grant went off the radar in 2011. He had a show on the East coast if I recall and kept active with many inteviews. I would see Kent Kuehn, the host of Golds Mecca, at the Muscle Beach shows with the Ironman Mag peeps. We would visit and he always said..."You just missed Bill Grant". Bill stayed with Kent when visiting the left coast. Kent was wheel chair bound when we last visited in 2011. So my question is....anybody have updates on Bill or Kent?
bill grant continues to live and thrive ob the east coast. he had several shows in the allentown area the bill grant classic.  he held it in atlantic city new jersey a few years back. bill's often in the area along with leon brown. i was talking to leon at the one show and didn't realize till later who he was.
F

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #533 on: July 13, 2013, 10:28:04 AM »

Is that Paul Wynter with Chet?  Paul had an excellent physique coupled with good looks.  A real inspiration to many young men so very long ago.

Clint was and is,  an all the way big man.  From what little I know of him, he is a man of moral conscience.  I really enjoyed watching both "Cheyenne" and his films.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #534 on: July 13, 2013, 12:11:31 PM »

Is that Paul Wynter with Chet?  Paul had an excellent physique coupled with good looks.  A real inspiration to many young men so very long ago.

Clint was and is,  an all the way big man.  From what little I know of him, he is a man of moral conscience.  I really enjoyed watching both "Cheyenne" and his films.
yes paul wynter mr symentry and also in the hercules movies as a second to hercules usually . one movie he was in with mark forest aka lou degni.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #535 on: July 13, 2013, 12:13:09 PM »
bill grant continues to live and thrive ob the east coast. he had several shows in the allentown area the bill grant classic.  he held it in atlantic city new jersey a few years back. bill's often in the area along with leon brown. i was talking to leon at the one show and didn't realize till later who he was.
the second pic with grant on top of the girl was in the book pumping iron. wasn't this the cause of a lawsuit by the girl??????????????????????
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #536 on: July 13, 2013, 12:33:45 PM »
 ;D
F

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #537 on: July 13, 2013, 04:32:18 PM »
FUNK, This is hte first time I've heard about Paul Wynter, Never even saw his photo. Was he from the east coast?

I'm gonna take a break and post  some old and some newer photos, some of which I have taken and some of which I have not.

Some of you GetBiggers may recognize some of the people in these upcoming shots and you might even find yourself in one or two.

In most of the cases I'll not ID anyone and let you take a guess as to who/whom they may be.

Some of the individuals I don't know myself but I think their photos are appropriate  for this board.

And in some spots I'll insert an "intermission' consisting of photos that are not bodybuilding related, but which you may find interesting nonetheless.

Gotta take this break because typing without a properly working cursor is one hell of a task.

All GetBiggers should be able to name two of the three individuals in this picture.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #538 on: July 13, 2013, 04:42:31 PM »
1st shot ... Great abs which have never been seen among the Pros recently. I could be mistaken though.

2nd shot ... The most impressive bodybuilding photo I've ever come across. I read his story a couple of years ago but can no longer find it.
Any help about  this courageous human being would be greatly appreciated.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #539 on: July 13, 2013, 04:42:50 PM »
FUNK, This is hte first time I've heard about Paul Wynter, Never even saw his photo. Was he from the east coast?

I'm gonna take a break and post  some old and some newer photos, some of which I have taken and some of which I have not.

Some of you GetBiggers may recognize some of the people in these upcoming shots and you might even find yourself in one or two.

In most of the cases I'll not ID anyone and let you take a guess as to who/whom they may be.

Some of the individuals I don't know myself but I think their photos are appropriate  for this board.

And in some spots I'll insert an "intermission' consisting of photos that are not bodybuilding related, but which you may find interesting nonetheless.

Gotta take this break because typing without a properly working cursor is one hell of a task.

All GetBiggers should be able to name two of the three individuals in this picture.
big pete looking healthy there,amazing he was so massive,,,

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #540 on: July 13, 2013, 04:45:40 PM »
NJ, I'll be posting more of Pete as we proceed.

EIght now I am posting the pictures in the sequence in which they appear in my photo log .... in an attempt to avoid missing any.

So a lot of these photos will be out of sequence time wise.

All you'se guys and gals should recognize two out of the three lost while on a safari while searching for the Fountain of Youth.

We never found it. (PS .. I'm the guy behind the camera.)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #541 on: July 13, 2013, 04:51:28 PM »
You old timers should have no problem here. Try not to cheat by looking at the names below the pictures.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #542 on: July 13, 2013, 04:54:04 PM »
You old timers should have no problem here. Try not to cheat by looking at the names below the pictures.
jackowidz sp?something and hernon he was massive,, looking good there too,,

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #543 on: July 13, 2013, 05:00:18 PM »
Robert Benavente ...Very sad to say that this young bodybuilder passed away way too early.

I never did hear the details but he was an up and coming competitor from Florida.  (I think it was Florida).

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #544 on: July 13, 2013, 05:53:12 PM »
Gere's another shot of Bob taken around the time he was competing against Ernie Santiago.

And a lady whose name I have forgotten with a neat haircut (kind of like a female Mohawk).

Quite a few Mohawk cuts in LV these hot days.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #545 on: July 13, 2013, 05:56:05 PM »
Curt Haywood  sometime in the 80's (but not too positive about time frame).

And the lineup of Reeves, Eifferman, and Tanny

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #546 on: July 13, 2013, 06:02:04 PM »
Erik Hunter ... One magazine cover and then he disappeared ti the best of my knowledge.

Anyone know the location of this 2nd photo?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #547 on: July 13, 2013, 06:05:57 PM »
1st shot ... Name them?

2nd shot ..... I have a few gymnasts in my family and this is what they call 'functional muscle'.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #548 on: July 13, 2013, 06:23:36 PM »

That looks like Grimek on the left, next to the woman.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #549 on: July 13, 2013, 06:29:40 PM »
THE SCOTT, You could be correct. I met Grimik once during a lfiting and bodybuilding contest at the Embassy Auditorium in Downtown Los Angeles and he was apparently mad at one of the officials because he sure was grouchy.

But later on a friend of his said that that was his usual demeanor.

And I don't think that the York guys appreciated the LA area too very much.

And that was even before Weider arrived.