Author Topic: UFC 123 Tonight.  (Read 6826 times)

spinnis

UFC 123 Tonight.
« on: November 20, 2010, 06:12:51 AM »
A good card. A few former champs etc.
Fights Im looking forward to:

George Sotiropoulos Vs Joe Lauzon
George has a great fight in Sydney also. And I want to see more of his ground game. He has a great one and I want him to show it off in a big way!
A win here would put in quite high in the title contention.

Matt Hughes Vs B.J. Penn
After ufc 85 and after the last 2 Bj fights I didnt really think I would look forward to this.
Matt hguhes looked washed up at ufc 85 already (which I watched live) but apaprently he wasnt training enough or something and
is actually on a 3 fight winning streak coming into this fight. Most recent that beautiful win over almedia.
Apparently Hughes is known for not training super hard and always training at home etc because of his kids but he acually trained in another camp for this fight
"proving" that hes really serious this time around.

And Bj Peen. This is IMO do or die. Went from one of if not The best lightweights of all time to 2 straight losses again Edgar. So now he movews up to WW to fight hughes for the Third time. BJ won both of the first fight pretty easy so this is Matt's time for Revenge.

OR it might be Bj's chance to ET BACK to what he does best. Onöy time will tell. IF Bj looses this one its 3 in a row and thats a no no from Dana. He wont however cut Bj that fast but it might just break BJ.

Quinton ”Rampage” Jackson Vs Lyoto Machida

First impressino is this is gonna be broing as fuck. MAchida is gonna run around and pick his shots and quinton is gonna look like
a angry black man that never reaches his chicken.

However Shogun showed to world how to beat Machida. And thats was Cuttign the ring off and PREASSURE and thats exactly what Quinton needs to do.
He said he had some sort of injery coming into the rashad fight but said he did it anyway because he felt bad because he went and did that movie.
So lets see if this is a "new" quinto or if its just exuses.

There Might be a KO Or it might end up boring as hell.

Hnorable mentions

Matt brown
Tyson Griffin
Karo Parisyan (will he get his shit togheter?)

Ufc 123 blogs:

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
Re: UFC 123 Tonight.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 06:30:53 AM »
TEAM RAMPAGE

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 06:34:24 AM »
I love MMA and many times it's more entertaining than boxing but tonight Martinez -Williams II .

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 07:22:46 AM »
Rampage and Mark Munoz to win.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 07:28:34 AM »
Not that interested in that card, a lot of predictable fights. Martinez-Williams is going to be interesting though.
Trans Milkshake.

spinnis

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 07:46:29 AM »
Not that interested in that card, a lot of predictable fights. Martinez-Williams is going to be interesting though.

what fights are predictable? I can see alot of them going either way imo..

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 07:52:21 AM »
MAchida is gonna run around and pick his shots and quinton is gonna look like
a angry black man that never reaches his chicken.

lol.

This event better be worth getting up at 3am for. I'm hoping it'll be Rampage back at his best without the distraction of a film in the way. I've never seen Machida fight, but i know he's got a decent chance.

Fingers crossed i find a decent stream. Before the next UFC even comes round i need to remember to get hook up the necessary tv channel for it in advance.

spinnis

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 07:54:19 AM »
lol.

This event better be worth getting up at 3am for. I'm hoping it'll be Rampage back at his best without the distraction of a film in the way. I've never seen Machida fight, but i know he's got a decent chance.

Fingers crossed i find a decent stream. Before the next UFC even comes round i need to remember to get hook up the necessary tv channel for it in advance.

its 4 in the night here, and I was up to 5 last night. So Im gonna dl it tomorrow and go to bed early hopefully lol

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 07:59:37 AM »
keep updating this thread

spinnis

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 08:05:42 AM »
Rampage highlights

one fo the classics in  first vid at 1:00 when the guy goes for a giljotine as Assumes rampage will fall forward (as most poeple would  do) but boy was he wrong  ;D

spinnis

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 08:09:03 AM »
Bj Penn highlights

spinnis

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 08:13:46 AM »
Matt Hughes highlight

spinnis

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 08:47:45 AM »
I'd rather watch boxing this time.

how many fights on that card?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 11:05:16 AM »
I'm not sure if I watch it will probably be ufc since non of the bars here will have boxing.
HBO for free

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 12:07:02 PM »
I'll end up watching both. 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 12:17:34 PM »
sotiropoulos vs lauzon is an interesting fight....all these fights have the potential to be boring as hell....but also have the potential to end very quickly in most cases...
DAWG

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 06:27:57 PM »
anybody gotta free link to the fight???
You Can't Do It!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 07:19:39 PM »
Anyone catch the Munoz/Simpson fight? Yeah that's right, Munoz won :)))

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 07:24:12 PM »
Matt Hughes highlight

Was that TRig at the end when he has kicking Matts ass and Matt got up and carried him across the ring and slammed him and beat him ass. Matt was badass back in the day.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 07:32:22 PM »
Should be interesting. 

Coach trained this man:

"1"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 09:41:01 PM »
$500.00 in my pocket :))

spinnis

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2010, 07:01:36 AM »
Havent seen all the prelims yet but:

George Sotiropoulos Vs Joe Lauzon:

Joe came out SWINGING kinda looked like he would diminate the fight becaause george had nothing to put against his striking
BUT second round Joe was Gassed and Gergo pretty much took over and showed of what I wanted to see, hur superior grappling. Nice to
see george managed to weather the storm.

Matt Hughes Vs B.J. Penn:
Holy FUCK. this was a NEW Bj penn from the get go. Mad and pumped as FUCK lol.
Just during the entrance you could tell Bj is gonna come out HARD and he did and it was over FAST lol.
Not a premature stop at all you could see matt asking "what happened" lol. BJ really needed this win.
And even though he looked small I would wanna see  him again at 170 for sure.

Quinton ”Rampage” Jackson Vs Lyoto Machida:

Poor judges in this fight. How they came to a decision I dont know. I think I had machida winning after the last round.. and 2 first ones
pretty even. I think an extra round Would have been better then giving rampage the win. As rampage said also Rematch right away.

Karo Parisyan might kill himself after this. he BEGGED dana to get One more chance and he did and it got stopped waaaaay to early. Fucking devastating.

Gerald Harris vs.  Maiquel Falcão

Started out as a great fight.  Falco is a former brazil champion wrestler. BJJ black belt And has professional boxign experience.
But at first Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn harris was fast. How the fuck could you stop those punches if he didnt gas? I would wanna see that in a boxing match even lol.
Anyway as I said started out a a great fight, when Harris fdinally got close falcao almost knocked him out right away but managed to dominate
the first 2 rounds and did NOTHING in the third round whihc ruined the fucking fight and his chance to have his next fight in the maincard.
His aches said "wait for misstakes" or something like that but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. YOUR UFC DEBUT come on now!!.

Phil Davis vs.  Tim Boetsch

Phil david is a prospect. Same bodytype and wrestling background as bones jones (these are the New type of mma fighter that will take over)
Dominated the entire fight and eded up winning by a submission no ones seen before lol. Almsot looked like a "Cop sub" with only one arm but
apaprently he used both lol. Awesome. And thats now the "Mr wonderful" sub  ;D

.Good event. Main event should have been One more round then there wouldn't have to be another match either  and Falco should have FINISHED IT,

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2010, 08:05:14 AM »
I want the video of the rampagevsmachida fight

funny how they totally underrestimate machida in this video, how he "uses karate, lols!", even though he fucking played with rashad evans who just happent to be rampage's worst nightmare.

spinnis

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2010, 08:10:09 AM »
I want the video of the rampagevsmachida fight

funny how they totally underrestimate machida in this video, how he "uses karate, lols!", even though he fucking played with rashad evans who just happent to be rampage's worst nightmare.

hes just playing for the camera  :P

right before the fight he said machide has a great style not just all that entertaining

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2010, 08:13:05 AM »
hes just playing for the camera  :P

right before the fight he said machide has a great style not just all that entertaining

so what happent with the fight, or is it yet to happend?  :P

what time is the fight in human time, ya know, swe/finn time ?