Author Topic: How do you feel when your ex has a new lover?  (Read 11093 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: How do you feel when your ex has a new lover?
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2007, 11:25:38 PM »
  It just depends on whether or not there are any other "boxes" available at the time.  :)  I am not against letting a woman THINK she can control me...it just depends on how far she tries to push it.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2007, 11:54:28 PM »
??? Hmmmm... I'm confooosed with all this YOUR box talk. I was talking about the infamous "idiot box"

What kind of "box" are you referring to Gtbro1? ???

w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2007, 12:00:46 AM »
??? Hmmmm... I'm confooosed with all this YOUR box talk. I was talking about the infamous "idiot box"

What kind of "box" are you referring to Gtbro1? ???

Apparently the same one I was thinking of.

;)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2007, 12:07:14 AM »
 cable  TV box...what did you think I ment?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2007, 12:12:22 AM »
cable  TV box...what did you think I ment?

I was thinking of the electrical box where all my electronics get plugged into...

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2007, 12:48:18 AM »
I was thinking of the electrical box where all my electronics get plugged into...

Well,you know how chics are....always got their mind n the gutter. >:(

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2007, 12:49:00 AM »

Well,you know how chics are....always got their mind n the gutter. >:(

I know... disgusting.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2007, 04:03:55 PM »
It's rather uncomfortable.

Sure i want her to be happy. In a nice prison cell or monastery.
Faust, I haven't read this whole thread but sorry that you are feeling sad. :(  With a bit of time it will pass and you'll be happy again.  S'tru  :)
R

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2007, 04:27:01 PM »
Oh, and to answer the original question... doesn't bother me a bit when they get someone else most of the time... I think only once did it get to me.

I at one time felt that way, but it was because the dude was in a better financial situation than me. I soon realized that that was my own insecurity, and the dude could have been a cool person. I got over that, and realized that one can't fault another person for what you don't have, and spending energy on anger toward that guy was energy better spent on other things.

Faust, dog cheer up, play some good D on the courts (and watch the NCAA's here in the states 8). People Break up to Make up. But like Mr. Biggs of the Isley's Bros. said, "...Forever Mackin'"

cl

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2007, 08:37:20 AM »
My and I have a close relationship because we were together for 13 years before we split..... we have two kids and we talk about almost everyday... about our kids and our days... there is nothing sexual... and we are close friends but new people in our lives think we should hate each other or something... if you have kids ... you need to get along and still function as some type of unit .. at certain events etc... her current boyfriend has a real hard time with the way we relate because him and his ex have been fighting in court over kids and cash for 6 years... just not worth it... I there is no way I could ever live with my ex gain... I enjoy not being yelled at and the peace and of mind... you don't have to walk on egg shells...

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2007, 11:31:59 PM »
I guess I'm unusual, but I'm friends with my past boyfriends and I wish them well.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2007, 08:19:46 AM »
I guess I'm unusual, but I'm friends with my past boyfriends and I wish them well.

Buff, you're not unusual. That's the way it's suppose to be.
w

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2007, 09:39:15 AM »
Not me.  :-\

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2007, 10:03:23 AM »
Not me.  :-\
Me either. I'll never understand how people can talk or stay in touch with someone that treated them poorly. Obviously if they were treated properly they would still be around. I say cut off all ties and move on to someone who will accept your heart and not break it. Friends with Ex's....no way Jose. Plenty of good looking around. My two pennies.

PB

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2007, 10:20:07 AM »
I don't stay in contact...not saying though it's on purpose or anything.

People just move on for the most part. 

Doesn't mean I wish them ill.  I actually hope they are doing better & are very happy with their lives.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2007, 10:29:56 AM »
I hold a grudge for 2.5 years min.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2007, 11:23:22 AM »
With all that time and energy spent on thinking and talking to Ex's, you could be using to meet new and better people.

PB

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2007, 01:22:41 PM »
Who gives a crap what any of them are doing, If I cared I would not have dumped them.

Teh Awesome!
X

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2007, 12:05:34 AM »
Me either. I'll never understand how people can talk or stay in touch with someone that treated them poorly. Obviously if they were treated properly they would still be around. I say cut off all ties and move on to someone who will accept your heart and not break it. Friends with Ex's....no way Jose. Plenty of good looking around. My two pennies.

PB

Just because a relationship ends doesn't necessarily mean it was because the other person treated them poorly. Sometimes it's simply an understanding that it's not right for one or either of them.
w

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2007, 03:35:23 AM »
Just because a relationship ends doesn't necessarily mean it was because the other person treated them poorly. Sometimes it's simply an understanding that it's not right for one or either of them.

Right, I've got a friend who never burns bridges after a relationship. He ended up building a home for the woman he was going with for a couple years. She left Him for a  Woman. One day she tells him, "I discovered I've got strong Lesbian tendencies..."  Well?  He never blows his cool after a relationship ends. Some of his ex lovers have been a major help to him later on when he's had various pproblems. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2007, 08:13:40 PM »
How thin is the air up there on judgemental mountain dr. jake?  ;D

Seriously, it isn't the same obviously.  The dog situation involved trying to keep one foot in the door, keeping tabs on someone's social life, having the wherewithal to keep someone waiting for hours or a few days... essentially a power thing. And the murderous rage part of it only kicked in after six months.  Before that, it was just sad and a little hurtful to have someone stand in the doorway as a semi-stranger when we once so close.

Obviously with children what is most important is their welfare. Hopefully you would put all else aside.

I have to agree with Playboy and the others about cutting all ties after a breakup. It usually just works better to move on.

Didn't see this reply until today.

A lot of times it's better to stay with someone until the fantasy is gone or you hate them (which ever one comes first, LOL!). One of the biggest problems I see with divorced/seperated people is they are still trying to work out marital issues after the marriage is over. Usually the kids end up in the middle.

I do know a few people who fought bitterly over pets after breaking up. It's probably something only a true pet person would understand. I was never able to figure out if the real issue was the pet or wanting to have some control over the person or constant interaction with them.

For me, when it's over it's over. Guess it comes down to the way things end. I usually end up with stalkers and tend to avoid them until it's time to call the cops.

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2007, 03:38:04 AM »
Didn't see this reply until today.

A lot of times it's better to stay with someone until the fantasy is gone or you hate them (which ever one comes first, LOL!). One of the biggest problems I see with divorced/seperated people is they are still trying to work out marital issues after the marriage is over. Usually the kids end up in the middle.

I do know a few people who fought bitterly over pets after breaking up. It's probably something only a true pet person would understand. I was never able to figure out if the real issue was the pet or wanting to have some control over the person or constant interaction with them.

For me, when it's over it's over. Guess it comes down to the way things end. I usually end up with stalkers and tend to avoid them until it's time to call the cops.

That has got to be a BIG  pain in the keester. Luckily I've always had an amicable breakup where it was just the right thing for both of us at the time, my ex boyfriends were very reasonable and understanding that I was married to bodybuilding and the gym. Why fight it if the Iron is going to win?
Hope you don't have to deal with those psychos now...if so call 555 kik-butt and I'll handle it for you...giggle...

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2007, 08:30:48 AM »
That has got to be a BIG  pain in the keester. Luckily I've always had an amicable breakup where it was just the right thing for both of us at the time, my ex boyfriends were very reasonable and understanding that I was married to bodybuilding and the gym. Why fight it if the Iron is going to win?
Hope you don't have to deal with those psychos now...if so call 555 kik-butt and I'll handle it for you...giggle...

The worst one doesn't have any way to contact me at the moment or know where I am. However, she has been to my mother's house over the last few months and left things in the hallway. She's supposed to be marrying some guy soon, hopefully she'll move on and be happy or at the very least direct her crazy towards someone else. If she shows up here, I'm not responsible for what happens to her.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2007, 11:38:59 AM »
My ex woman weighs 350 pounds and can't find another man..

That's what happens when you date a bodybuilder.  :D

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2007, 11:40:34 AM »
That's what happens when you date a bodybuilder.  :D

The only thing she ever lifted was fried food..

Only time she squated was when she took a dump..