Author Topic: Do any of you train after work?  (Read 4619 times)

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
Re: Do any of you train after work?
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 06:23:36 PM »
Who can get thier day started without an awesome jerk??

I swear thats the only thing that separates me from the BEAST.

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 12:31:49 AM »
try working out when you're hungry.
I always train after work (work from 7 am to 4 pm and train at 4:30)... when i used to eat my retarded 6  meals a day, i'd be lethargic by the time i finish work and too tired to do anything. last meal i eat before i hit the gym is at 10 am... dying of hunger i go and workout... never had this much energy and i'm working out 60-90 minutes 6 days a week with 1 minute rest between sets.

try to cut out that mass gaining shake and see how it goes.

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 01:47:51 AM »
Majority of the time i work out after work.

I occasionally train in the morning but it's just not the same. I can get a good high rep workout but heavy weights just don't happen. Squatting is futile.

In the late afternoon/evening i've got a good few meals of food in me and i find it far easier.

I'm in agreemenr with buselmo. Although i've had a few meals, i'll have an apple, a banana and some water on the drive from work to the gym but i'm hungry most of the time and it doesn't affect my workouts at all. I find my leg sessions always better when i have the feeling of an empty stomach

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 01:58:01 AM »
try working out when you're hungry.
I always train after work (work from 7 am to 4 pm and train at 4:30)... when i used to eat my retarded 6  meals a day, i'd be lethargic by the time i finish work and too tired to do anything. last meal i eat before i hit the gym is at 10 am... dying of hunger i go and workout... never had this much energy and i'm working out 60-90 minutes 6 days a week with 1 minute rest between sets.

try to cut out that mass gaining shake and see how it goes.
some guys train FASTED, after the wake up, with pretty good results..

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 02:10:14 AM »
Always train after work. Have always trained late afternoon / early evening. Tried morning training for a little while but it didn't work out. Something about waking up and within a short period of time trying to lift heavy weights just didn't seem right to me. After work i may be tired but i feel more awake, if that makes sense.
No doubt about it...

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 02:56:41 AM »
I work on weekdays and I always train after work - usually I finish around 3:30pm or 4pm and I'm in the gym ten minutes later - it's only up the road from where I work. However, if I miss a day and I have to train on Saturdays, then I'll train at around 12pm.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 03:01:16 AM »
some guys train FASTED, after the wake up, with pretty good results..
I train 6:30am
I used to train after work but my theory is I tear the muscle fibers down in the morning now and eat and rest in work all day and take gh and they will grow back better, plus I still have nighttime to sleep also so more rest and growth

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010, 08:41:44 AM »
i work 7.ooam till 3.00pm.......... i always train around 7.30,,, always have done and any other time of the day doesnt feel natural at all

i get 2 meals in before i train too, 10 whole eggs and 2 slices of wholemeal toast straight after work, then i usualy drop off for an hr on the settee till our lass gets in from work, then its a protein shake with oats and bannana blended in around 6.30.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2010, 09:07:00 AM »
I work out roughly 3pm/4pm. Never could do mornings, the energy just wasn't there. usually have a coffee before I workout

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2010, 02:01:37 PM »
Who can get thier day started without an awesome jerk??

I swear thats the only thing that separates me from the BEAST.

fuck morning jerking off, my GF wakes me up by sucking on my cock. :)
A