Author Topic: Bible study tonight  (Read 8073 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Bible study tonight
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2013, 08:08:27 PM »
hey look who it is. lmao

jon herridan is back.lol

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2013, 08:44:34 PM »
I'm in! Meatball subs and RC Cola on me after.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2013, 08:45:18 PM »
I'm in! Meatball subs and RC Cola on me after.

Are these traditional Hebrew fare?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2013, 08:45:49 PM »
 :D ;D

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2013, 08:46:04 PM »
where did i say i wasnt interested? I am very interested to see you continue to melt.

so why dont you explain to us all here exactly how adam and eve could start the human race without continuous incest?  waiting for a logical answer. or just fall back on they classic "your going to hell" again...

"promise keepers" .... lol

You're posting a lot in thread for someone who's not interested. Maybe you secretly know you're going to rot in Hell?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2013, 08:49:25 PM »
Are these traditional Hebrew fare?

No. I'm trying to appeal to white people to fit in. I guess I should have said extra mayo.  :D

True_Security

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2013, 08:59:05 PM »
No. I'm trying to appeal to white people to fit in. I guess I should have said extra mayo.  :D
Damn now you got me thinking boy. I might have sneak out ovr to Denny's and grab a few BLT's with extra mayo.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2013, 09:01:27 PM »
What books of the bible will be discussed? Are you more of a new testament kinda guy or an old testament kinds guy?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2013, 09:04:05 PM »
You know people always say Old Testament doesn't matter anymore but Christ himself said, "I came not to change the laws but to fulfill them."

The Old Testament is very relevant.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2013, 09:18:19 PM »
I bet Eve had some fine ass titties.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2013, 09:40:38 PM »
You know people always say Old Testament doesn't matter anymore but Christ himself said, "I came not to change the laws but to fulfill them."

The Old Testament is very relevant.

I like the OT for the stories and the essence of what was trying to be taught from the stories. But there's too much "old covenant" stuff for me to honestly say its still relevant. Feel me?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2013, 09:46:01 PM »
I like the OT for the stories and the essence of what was trying to be taught from the stories. But there's too much "old covenant" stuff for me to honestly say its still relevant. Feel me?

Old covenant is for us. The Israelites. We broke it following the gentiles. A new one will be made upon Christ's return. Salvation is for everyone though. I agree, the stories in the OT are pretty awesome.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2013, 09:48:09 PM »
Old covenant is for us. The Israelites. We broke it following the gentiles. A new one will be made upon Christ's return. Salvation is for everyone though. I agree, the stories in the OT are pretty awesome.

Definitely bro.

To clarify, I was alluding to the OT laws and such. You know, not eating shellfish, that kind of stuff. I Love Jesus but i love Lobster and Crab as well  :P

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2013, 10:01:27 PM »
Definitely bro.

To clarify, I was alluding to the OT laws and such. You know, not eating shellfish, that kind of stuff. I Love Jesus but i love Lobster and Crab as well  :P
The old laws do not correspond to us anymore, Jesus omitted the law of Moses and the ten Commandments in favor of 2 laws which he gave. Love God above all else and love your neighbor or do on to them as you would have them do onto you.

He certainly did not like a tooth for a tooth and an eye for an eye, or a prostitute to get stoned to death as the law of Moses called for, he even saved a woman from being stoned.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2013, 10:05:33 PM »
The old laws do not correspond to us anymore, Jesus omitted the law of Moses and the ten Commandments in favor of 2 laws which he gave. Love God above all else and love your neighbor or do on to them as you would have them do onto you.

He certainly did not like a tooth for a tooth and an eye for an eye, or a prostitute to get stoned to death as the law of Moses called for, he even saved a woman from being stoned.

Matthew 5:17 - Christ speaking...

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2013, 10:10:08 PM »
Matthew 5:17 - Christ speaking...

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
he was not referring to the law of moses there, if you think he did not change the ten cammenments then you accuse him of sin, he worked on the sabbath

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2013, 10:20:38 PM »
he was not referring to the law of moses there, if you think he did not change the ten cammenments then you accuse him of sin, he worked on the sabbath

That's where you're wrong because A. When you refer to the laws in the Bible. It's referring the most famous being the 10 Commandments. This also includes dietary laws for Israelites. B. Where did you get that her wasn't referring to the law of moses? What laws is he referring to you? What are your references? And that run in he had with the Pharisees when they accused him of breaking the Sabbath. He pwned them and said (I'm paraphrasing) that saving people and healing people and doing good isn't working. C. You're wrong on both D. Wanna fight? The Hebrews are still black and are the African Americans. You know this to be true I still haven't forgotten to own you. You just moved up to priority number 2 pal.  ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2013, 10:33:43 PM »
That's where you're wrong because A. When you refer to the laws in the Bible. It's referring the most famous being the 10 Commandments. This also includes dietary laws for Israelites. B. Where did you get that her wasn't referring to the law of moses? What laws is he referring to you? What are your references? And that run in he had with the Pharisees when they accused him of breaking the Sabbath. He pwned them and said (I'm paraphrasing) that saving people and healing people and doing good isn't working. C. You're wrong on both D. Wanna fight? The Hebrews are still black and are the African Americans. You know this to be true I still haven't forgotten to own you. You just moved up to priority number 2 pal.  ;D
nice paraphrase, your definition of paraphrasing is write anything you want instead, lmao but that is expected from someone like you to do that. He did not say that it is not working, you are a liar

As for the whipping you promise, well the thread is there and clearly you are avoiding it because you are scared of the questions I asked.

The law of Moses is improved upon and changes made so it is not destroyed like you said, OK I admit I chose a poor word when I said Omitted but it is not the same law Jesus wanted, clearly and eye for an eye is not what Jesus wanted when he said turn the other cheek. How about the guy who stole the COAT and Jesus said give him not only the COAT but something else, that is not the law of Moses and how about saving the Prostitute? that is not obeying the Law of Moses or supporting it.

Jesus is the light and his teachings are better then the law of Moses there they make the law complete and the law of Moses is improved on hence he was referring to the law of God, not the law of Moses.

BTW you sound like an idiot when you say 2012 end times, and anti Christ when any Christian that has read prophesy knows that the third temple has to be completed before Revelations end times

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2013, 03:17:53 AM »
Heavy triples on the bench and meatball subs inbetween sets.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2013, 03:57:12 AM »

I sincerely hope you don't wear clothes of mixed thread then.

Strictly prohibited pursuant to Leviticus.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2013, 05:39:39 AM »
A room full of big men with a minimun bench of 315 going up to over 600 lbs. They've all been broken down by The Holy Spirit and built back up in Christ. We are called Promise Keepers.

I guess your Death Cultist gimmick was banned?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2013, 06:29:12 AM »
I guess your Death Cultist gimmick was banned?

"the moronization" has nothing better to do, life must be miserable for Asif and his groupies...

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2013, 06:48:16 AM »
Wiggs: I agree with you on much. But my gut says that the OT laws are not still applicable (I'm talking the silly stuff, as mentioned earlier in this thread.) I think the NT provides a perfect outline for how to live our lives, the OT is there as a reference for us to learn form the stories and to see how Christ has formed the New Covenant.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2013, 07:27:44 AM »

Thought I might add a bit if you don't mind.  ;)

Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, came as the fulfillment of the law.  He became the curse for the law so that those that belief in him and claim him as savior would be saved from the wrath of God (his judgment) as believers are thereby justified and deemed righteous before the very throne of God. 

Christ also added to the Mosaic law and confirmed the most important of that law.  The majority of Levitical laws were set in place so that God's chosen people would be clearly distinguished from the pagan world that surrounded them...that same notion of "salt and light" affirmed in the NT.   OT law was also put in place because of man’s inherent, rampant sin.  The law reveals the sin in our lives and provided a means for those that love God to atonement for their sin and be aligned with him.  Reasons for the Israelites being circumsized had a definite purpose during the OT period as it symbolized their covenant with God.  Christ, the Son of God, came and established a new covenant with both Jew and Gentile and forever did away with laws surrounding blood atonement for sins via the sacrificing of the purest, clean specimens of flocks and herds.   There are Jews today that have accepted Christ as Savior and still uphold some of the cultural notions upheld in OT scripture…..I find nothing wrong with that either as those practices were outlined for purposes of purity before God Almighty. 

The entire history and culture of Israel outlined in the OT indicated how God works within the confines of our lives drawing us closer to him while revealing the need for a savior to come in prophecy.  Both OT and NT point to the person of Jesus Christ the Son of God.   The disciples went forth to preach Christ’s good news of salvation through grace by faith.   Peter’s was commissioned to preach to the Jews while Paul was raised up to preach to the Gentiles.

I understand that Black Hebrew Israelites refer to scriptures mention of ships and slavery in Deuternomy (which can obviously refer to enslavement in Babylon) and darkened skin in Lamentations during periods of famine and brutal toiling (I’m from South Texas and have known hardworking Mexican men and women my entire life….some spend their lives in the sun and their skin is daaaaark LOL).  Still the focus in scripture is not about our skin color, ethnic identity or racial integrity (I don’t negate the importance of those topics either).  The focus is Jesus Christ and how he alone can save us from the judgment of God due to our sinful bondage.  Ultimately the message is about his love for us and our love for him.

Hey, for what it’s worth my friend.   

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2013, 07:52:31 AM »
Thought I might add a bit if you don't mind.  ;)

Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, came as the fulfillment of the law.  He became the curse for the law so that those that belief in him and claim him as savior would be saved from the wrath of God (his judgment) as believers are thereby justified and deemed righteous before the very throne of God. 

Christ also added to the Mosaic law and confirmed the most important of that law.  The majority of Levitical laws were set in place so that God's chosen people would be clearly distinguished from the pagan world that surrounded them...that same notion of "salt and light" affirmed in the NT.   OT law was also put in place because of man’s inherent, rampant sin.  The law reveals the sin in our lives and provided a means for those that love God to atonement for their sin and be aligned with him.  Reasons for the Israelites being circumsized had a definite purpose during the OT period as it symbolized their covenant with God.  Christ, the Son of God, came and established a new covenant with both Jew and Gentile and forever did away with laws surrounding blood atonement for sins via the sacrificing of the purest, clean specimens of flocks and herds.   There are Jews today that have accepted Christ as Savior and still uphold some of the cultural notions upheld in OT scripture…..I find nothing wrong with that either as those practices were outlined for purposes of purity before God Almighty. 

The entire history and culture of Israel outlined in the OT indicated how God works within the confines of our lives drawing us closer to him while revealing the need for a savior to come in prophecy.  Both OT and NT point to the person of Jesus Christ the Son of God.   The disciples went forth to preach Christ’s good news of salvation through grace by faith.   Peter’s was commissioned to preach to the Jews while Paul was raised up to preach to the Gentiles.

I understand that Black Hebrew Israelites refer to scriptures mention of ships and slavery in Deuternomy (which can obviously refer to enslavement in Babylon) and darkened skin in Lamentations during periods of famine and brutal toiling (I’m from South Texas and have known hardworking Mexican men and women my entire life….some spend their lives in the sun and their skin is daaaaark LOL).  Still the focus in scripture is not about our skin color, ethnic identity or racial integrity (I don’t negate the importance of those topics either).  The focus is Jesus Christ and how he alone can save us from the judgment of God due to our sinful bondage.  Ultimately the message is about his love for us and our love for him.

Hey, for what it’s worth my friend.   

Good post bro.

Your knowledge of theology is tighter than a dolphins butthole.