Author Topic: Obama-Appointed Judge Rules Illegal Immigrants Can Carry Guns in the U.S.  (Read 3043 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
If you’re not already awake….wake up.

U.S. District Judge Sharon Johnson Coleman, appointed by Barack Obama, ruled that an illegal immigrant has the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

This ruling came about in the case of Heriberto Carbajal-Flores, who faced charges under 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(5), a federal statute that prohibits noncitizens without legal status in the U.S. from “possess[ing] in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.”

Carbajal-Flores, who has been living in the United States illegally, was charged after he was found to be carrying a gun in Chicago during the civil unrest in the spring of 2020.

He and his lawyers have fought the charge, arguing that the gun was for self-defense and citing a Supreme Court ruling on New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Bruen, that New York’s law was unconstitutional and that the ability to carry a pistol in public was a constitutional right.

On March 8, Judge Coleman concurred with Carbajal-Flores’ defense, stating that his nonviolent history and adherence to the conditions of his pretrial release demonstrated he did not pose a public safety risk.

New Deals At The Gateway Pundit Discounts Page At MyPillow – Up to 71% Off With Promo Code TGP

The judge’s ruling claims that the statute under which Carbajal-Flores was charged does not align with the nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation and, therefore, cannot be used to strip him of his Second Amendment rights.

“The government argues that Carbajal-Flores is a noncitizen who is unlawfully present in this country. The court notes, however, that Carbajal-Flores has never been convicted of a felony, a violent crime, or a crime involving the use of a weapon. Even in the present case, Carbajal-Flores contends that he received and used the handgun solely for self-protection and protection of property during a time of documented civil unrest in the Spring of 2020,”  Judge Coleman wrote.

The Court finds that Carbajal-Flores’ criminal record, containing no improper use of a weapon, as well as the non-violent circumstances of his arrest do not support a finding that he poses a risk to public safety such that he cannot be trusted to use a weapon responsibly and should be deprived of his Second Amendment right to bear arms in self-defense. Thus, this Court finds that, as applied to Carbajal-Flores, Section 922(g)(5) is unconstitutional,” Coleman added.

“The noncitizen possession statute, 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(5), violates the Second Amendment as applied to Carbajal-Flores. Thus, the Court grants Carbajal-Flores’ motion to dismiss,” Judge Coleman ordered.

Critics argue that it sets a dangerous precedent that undermines public safety.

X user, The Patriot Voice, wrote, “I want you to read that again SLOWLY, and tell me how we are NOT being set up for some serious action on our own soil with ARMED FOREIGN INVADERS. This is a COMMUNIST ruling, which is sure to PURPOSELY embolden criminals that are coming over our border by the MILLIONS. VERY SCARY TIMES.”

Another user commented, “I don’t want to hear one more liberal crying about guns and banning them, not after the illegal army Biden brought in just got the go sign to get locked and loaded. Whatever your view of guns is, you can’t possibly think this will end anyway other than bad.”

Another said, “I’m a federal felon and I find it ludicrous that I don’t have a second amendment anymore but someone who breaks federal immigration law, gets to have a second amendment.”

You can read the ruling below:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/obama-appointed-judge-rules-illegal-immigrants-can-carry/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=obama-appointed-judge-rules-illegal-immigrants-can-carry

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Clown World!
Q

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Strategic

1. Military-age men are allowed to cross the border.
2. Military-age men are given free housing.
3. Most of the military-age men are non-black and Spanish criminals in their host countries.
4. Military-age men relocated to black communities with guns and access to Spanish-speaking cartels for narcotics distribution.
5. Los Angeles 2.0 across the nation
6. Whites are building a buffer class that worships whiteness between them and foundational black Americans, essentially replicating a South American tactic.
7. This tactic was presented to white Americans before segregation which South America never had.   Hence their black populations are 2-3 generations behind FBA.

Tired of warning them?

You have to be a complete moron to not see why whites want them in the military and on police forces.

Malcolm and I aren't going to keep telling MFers what is going on here.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
This is comforting news….

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
This is one of the most hypocritical, and libturded things Ive ever heard...
You libtards should be very ashamed...  ??? ??? ???

"Lets take guns from law-abiding citizens and give t hem to illegal cartel / US hating immigrants"...   ??? ??? ???

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
You get what what you vote for

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
“They” want overcrowded chaos
Demand will be high and supply low just like during covid
A

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
Fun times. Everyone better make sure you're strapped.
T

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”

It’s like the Wild West. Buckle up buckaroos!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

And train with it…..a lot

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
If you’re not already awake….wake up.

'wake up'... lol

no.

it will b a literal slaughter by design:

after grace.. after patient mercy.. after every chance in the world to turn from wicked ways and repent have passed... then comes judgment.

godless white nations have now been wholly subjugated – invaded, perverted and poisoned... there is no coming back.

get right with God.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
'wake up'... lol

no.

The usual suspects in here and their ilk think this is okay therefore it won’t affect them because they voted for this

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus

This new ruling can actually be favorable to gun ownership in the U.S. and may counter gun control activists.

falco

• Getbig V
I feel for you God fearing Americans.
Still, you have an option i do not have in Europe; you can buy them big guns.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
This new ruling can actually be favorable to gun ownership in the U.S. and may counter gun control activists.

Not to law abiding citizens. They’re literally trying in every way to strip our rights and give them to illegals and criminals.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
I’m sure that Oak wants to discuss gun control here...  but the Obama factor is keeping him silent

IroNat

• Getbig V
Not to law abiding citizens. They’re literally trying in every way to strip our rights and give them to illegals and criminals.

I don't see how you come to that conclusion.  If anything this ruling is favorable to gun possession.

In some states it is impossible to get a permit to carry a handgun (NJ for example.  NYC too).

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
I don't see how you come to that conclusion.  If anything this ruling is favorable to gun possession.

In some states it is impossible to get a permit to carry a handgun (NJ for example.  NYC too).

A felon cannot get a gun.  But someone who broke the law entering the country illegally can?

2A should apply to citizens.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

How is it we’re getting stripped of our rights (which what basically “gun control” laws are) but illegals won’t have to go the same processes as legal American citizens that are law abiding? To the best of my knowledge, a 4473 doesn’t go beyond US borders and territories. I think I know what some will say about that…

IroNat

• Getbig V
A felon cannot get a gun.  But someone who broke the law entering the country illegally can?

2A should apply to citizens.

Do you want freedom to own a gun or not?

The guy had no record of serious crimes

More gun ownership is good, no?

IroNat

• Getbig V
How is it we’re getting stripped of our rights (which what basically “gun control” laws are) but illegals won’t have to go the same processes as legal American citizens that are law abiding? To the best of my knowledge, a 4473 doesn’t go beyond US borders and territories. I think I know what some will say about that…

More gun ownership is good don't you think?

You are in favor of it.

How will this ruling negatively impact your right?

This ruling can be used to favor gun possession for all.

It may backfire on the anti-gun lobby.

As long as the guy does not use the gun for crimes who cares if he has one?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
More gun ownership is good don't you think?

You are in favor of it.

How will this ruling negatively impact your right?

This ruling can be used to favor gun possession for all.

It may backfire on the anti-gun lobby.

As long as the guy does not use the gun for crimes who cares if he has one?

Everyone will have an opinion on this. I'm one of those that feel Illegal means ILLEGAL and the law even states that. I see this as something more nefarious for future rights and rulings such as voting. This ruling was based on the Bruen decision where the word "people" is defined, but the in the Second Amendment even though "people" comes up so does the word "Citizen". IMO, "Citizen" means legal within the country

IroNat

• Getbig V
Coach,
More and more laws are being passed to restrict legal gun ownership.
It's inevitable that gun ownership will become more restrictive and eventually cease in the future.
At what point do you, yourself, choose to become a lawbreaker in order to retain your guns?
Or do you roll with the changes, obey the law, until you eventually lose your guns?
Will your gun training be used for defiance of future laws?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Insanity. The constitution was not written for foreigners.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
The right to bare arms, as described in the Constitution, is the affirming of a God Given right, to everyone; not a privilege given to American citizens by the Federal Government. It’s the governments job to “protect” that right.

The immigration issue and the firearm issue are honestly mutually exclusive to each other. Illegals should be deported on sight, but the government should take no actions against a God Given right.

Conservatives like coach preach the “shall not be infringed” line but don’t respect what it actually means.

Its not a God Given right to be an American, it sure is to be able to defend yourself with equal force though. .