Author Topic: Cheney warns of new attacks  (Read 5526 times)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: Cheney warns of new attacks
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2009, 06:28:22 PM »
Biden is an old legend.  Served 7 presidents and knows the inside track better than most.   He knows that some things are planned ahead of time and let the cat out of the bag.     He knows whos running this world.....and it aint the US President....

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2009, 08:39:54 AM »
Real power is brokered in private

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2009, 08:51:53 AM »
I couldn't resist:

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2009, 09:07:13 AM »
I couldn't resist:

goodness gracious he is a raging jack ass i dont know how you watch that drama queen straw.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2009, 09:11:03 AM »
goodness gracious he is a raging jack ass i dont know how you watch that drama queen straw.

funny  - I like him and think Hannity, O'Reily and Rush and the jackasses.

To each his own

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2009, 10:40:44 AM »

To each his own
i dont watch hannity or listen to rush b/c they are just as bipartisan as that retard...oreily is good

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2009, 11:00:12 AM »

To each his own
Why, cause they're not afraid to speak the truth, unlike your liberal storytellers.......

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2009, 11:07:16 AM »
Why, cause they're not afraid to speak the truth, unlike your liberal storytellers.......

no actually because they are entertaining and factual

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2009, 01:01:35 PM »
Former Vice President Dick Cheney warned that there is a “high probability” that terrorists will attempt a catastrophic nuclear or biological attack in coming years, and said he fears the Obama administration’s policies will make it more likely the attempt will succeed.

In an interview Tuesday with Politico, Cheney unyieldingly defended the Bush administration’s support for the Guantanamo Bay prison and coercive interrogation of terrorism suspects.

And he asserted that President Obama will either backtrack on his stated intentions to end those policies or put the country at risk in ways more severe than most Americans — and, he charged, many members of Obama’s own team — understand.

“When we get people who are more concerned about reading the rights to an Al Qaeda terrorist than they are with protecting the United States against people who are absolutely committed to do anything they can to kill Americans, then I worry,” Cheney said.

Protecting the country’s security is “a tough, mean, dirty, nasty business,” he said. “These are evil people. And we’re not going to win this fight by turning the other cheek.”

Is he warning or making a promise.  Me thinks Darth and his minion are plotting :D

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2009, 01:16:29 PM »
One thing they said was there are gov documents that prove the intense interrogation techniques gave us valuable terrorist information. 

Is this the same 'they' that said there were WMD's in Iraq???? Come off it.  Torture has been proven to do more harm than good.  All it does is harden the resolve of the enemy and draw a lightning rod of criticism from the international community (thus hampering any future joint military efforts) and give an easy sell to potential terrorists (hey look what the US is going to our people lets get them attitude) Interrogation is one thing but torture is out of the question wrong.

Oh and quick question to those supporting Cheney's policy's - Was it okay for the Japanese to torture US soldiers in WW2? How about in Vietnam, surely you must believe that the Vietnamese were justified in torturing John McCain after all they were defending their country too weren't they?  Just like against these starved American soldiers right?

Abandon every hope...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2009, 02:27:37 PM »
Is this the same 'they' that said there were WMD's in Iraq???? Come off it.  Torture has been proven to do more harm than good.  All it does is harden the resolve of the enemy and draw a lightning rod of criticism from the international community (thus hampering any future joint military efforts) and give an easy sell to potential terrorists (hey look what the US is going to our people lets get them attitude) Interrogation is one thing but torture is out of the question wrong.

Oh and quick question to those supporting Cheney's policy's - Was it okay for the Japanese to torture US soldiers in WW2? How about in Vietnam, surely you must believe that the Vietnamese were justified in torturing John McCain after all they were defending their country too weren't they?  Just like against these starved American soldiers right?

LOL sorry hoss beatings, starvation, beheadings arent in the same league as water boarding and sleep deprivation if you dont understand that there nothing more to say.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2009, 02:47:01 PM »
LOL sorry hoss beatings, starvation, beheadings are in the same league as water boarding and sleep deprivation if you dont understand that there nothing more to say.

Complete trash from you once again.  Torture is torture is torture.  Stop trying to put some BS spin on it it's fundamentally the same regardless of execution. 
Abandon every hope...

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2009, 02:47:25 PM »
Complete trash from you once again.  Torture is torture is torture.  Stop trying to put some BS spin on it it's fundamentally the same regardless of execution. 

S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2009, 02:47:42 PM »
define torture brain child?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2009, 02:52:47 PM »

anybody define torture for me?

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2009, 02:53:34 PM »

For the purposes of this Convention, torture means any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person information or a confession...
http://www.hrweb.org/legal/cat.html
Abandon every hope...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2009, 02:55:31 PM »
For the purposes of this Convention, torture means any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person information or a confession...
http://www.hrweb.org/legal/cat.html
so detaining a person is deemed torture? fuck i know if i couldnt come and go as a want i would mentally break down thats the same as beating and starving a person? gezzz louise whos gimmick are you?

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2009, 02:58:46 PM »
so detaining a person is deemed torture? fuck i know if i couldnt come and go as a want i would mentally break down thats the same as beating and starving a person? gezzz louise whos gimmick are you?

Not at all.  Detaining a person legally is fine.  That person still has rights though whether you dislike them or not, and torturing them is a violation of those rights.  Whether that torture is done by Americans, Japanese, Vietnamese etc is not the point.  It's like saying it's okay to rape someone if you only use you insert you hands instead of your penis.  It's still rape anyway you look at it and water boarding is still torture.   
Abandon every hope...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2009, 03:04:22 PM »
Not at all.  Detaining a person legally is fine.  That person still has rights though whether you dislike them or not, and torturing them is a violation of those rights.  Whether that torture is done by Americans, Japanese, Vietnamese etc is not the point.  It's like saying it's okay to rape someone if you only use you insert you hands instead of your penis.  It's still rape anyway you look at it and water boarding is still torture.   
no can inflict severe mental pain could it not? I.E. torture under your definition...LOL the idea that beatings and starvation are equivilant to waterboarding and sleep deprivation is assinine and not even the most liberal of ppl would agree with that. I understand your point that its all "torture" but as ive shown keeping somebody against their will could be torture, handcuffing, blindfolding...are those the same as beatings and rapings too?

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »
no can inflict severe mental pain could it not? I.E. torture under your definition...LOL the idea that beatings and starvation are equivilant to waterboarding and sleep deprivation is assinine and not even the most liberal of ppl would agree with that. I understand your point that its all "torture" but as ive shown keeping somebody against their will could be torture, handcuffing, blindfolding...are those the same as beatings and rapings too?

You really don't get it do you? You'd like to defend your stance with irrelevant questions like "does this count?" I mean really.  You know it's Torture, I know it's Torture whether or not it's the same brutality is not relevant at all.  And it's not under my definition it's the UN's agreed upon definition not mine, not yours, not Cheney's. 
Abandon every hope...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2009, 03:18:11 PM »
You really don't get it do you? You'd like to defend your stance with irrelevant questions like "does this count?" I mean really.  You know it's Torture, I know it's Torture whether or not it's the same brutality is not relevant at all.  And it's not under my definition it's the UN's agreed upon definition not mine, not yours, not Cheney's. 
i asked a simple question and you go off b/c you know my point invalidates yours...torture as defined by the UN can be anything that causes severe pain physical or mental with the intention of obtaining info...how does somebody having a mental breakdown b/c the are being kept prisoner not meet that definition plz tell me?

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2009, 03:25:16 PM »
i asked a simple question and you go off b/c you know my point invalidates yours...torture as defined by the UN can be anything that causes severe pain physical or mental with the intention of obtaining info...how does somebody having a mental breakdown not b/c the are being kept prisoner not meet that definition plz tell me?

Honestly you can't answer it yourself?  If the person was being held captive illegally for the SOLE purpose of giving information (i.e. they hadn't commited a crime but were held captive because they may know something) then yes it could under the UN definition become defined as torture.  If they were being held captive because they are a POW, broke the law, committed a crime etc then it wouldn't be. (They are held for a legal and just reason any mental breakdown as a result of being held captive wouldn't constitute torture) You answered the question yourself with the "intention of obtaining info" part. 
Abandon every hope...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2009, 03:31:15 PM »
Honestly you can't answer it yourself?  If the person was being held captive illegally for the SOLE purpose of giving information (i.e. they hadn't commited a crime but were held captive because they may know something) then yes it could under the UN definition become defined as torture.  If they were being held captive because they are a POW, broke the law, committed a crime etc then it wouldn't be. (They are held for a legal and just reason any mental breakdown as a result of being held captive wouldn't constitute torture) You answered the question yourself with the "intention of obtaining info" part. 
you are qualifying the UN definition and you have no right to do so this makes it your opinion...the UN definition of torture says nothing about legally or illegally holding a person thats your inturpretation...Just like sleep deprivation and water boarding not causing SEVERE pain in mine meaning they are not torture.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2009, 03:40:06 PM »
you are qualifying the UN definition and you have no right to do so this makes it your opinion...the UN definition of torture says nothing about legally or illegally holding a person thats your inturpretation...Just like sleep deprivation and water boarding not causing SEVERE pain in mine meaning they are not torture.

Okay by your thoughts then the Vietnamese didn't use torture either cause according to them it wasn't severe pain it was only mild. 
Abandon every hope...