Author Topic: Taking creatine while cutting ?  (Read 760 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
Re: Taking creatine while cutting ?
« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:07:04 AM »
Creatine is one of four supplements that the International Olympic Committee considers to have a strong scientific basis for directly improving sports performance.

1. Caffeine
2. Creatine
3. Nitrate
4. Sodium bicarbonate

https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/52/7/439

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: Today at 10:04:32 AM »
Creatine is one of four supplements that the International Olympic Committee considers to have a strong scientific basis for directly improving sports performance.

1. Caffeine
2. Creatine
3. Nitrate
4. Sodium bicarbonate

https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/52/7/439
I wonder what I could have achieved, had I used creatine, nitrate, and sodium bicarbonate.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #27 on: Today at 10:11:31 AM »
My 2 cents on creatine. It's the only supplement that I felt really had a muscle building benefit. I was stronger on it and had better pumps. Also thought I was retaining a little water using it.

Having said that my kidney tests came back bad when I was using it. Doc told me to go off it and my kidney tests came back perfect. Was the high Creatinine levels due to muscle breakdown from lifting hard; kidneys failing or the supplement converting from creatine to creatinine?

Its the conversion of creatine to creatinine.

Creatinine is a marker for poor kidney function in otherwise healthy people, but if your taking a supplement that artificially raises creatinine levels, thats why.yours were elevated. Not because your kidneys were failing.

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: Today at 10:15:13 AM »
My 2 cents on creatine. It's the only supplement that I felt really had a muscle building benefit. I was stronger on it and had better pumps. Also thought I was retaining a little water using it.

Having said that my kidney tests came back bad when I was using it. Doc told me to go off it and my kidney tests came back perfect. Was the high Creatinine levels due to muscle breakdown from lifting hard; kidneys failing or the supplement converting from creatine to creatinine?
Unless you stopped training at the same time as stopping creatine, it should be possible to conclude it was the creatine.