Author Topic: What was Rush thinking?  (Read 3745 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
What was Rush thinking?
« on: October 13, 2006, 01:39:25 PM »
On his May 4th 2004 broadcast, Limbaugh said that Abu Ghraib prison guards, who according to Maj. Gen. Antonio M. Taguba's official US Army report and subsequent videos seen by reporter Seymour Hersh, raped children in front of their mothers, were just "having a good time" and "blowing off some seam."

Mr. Intenseone

Re: What was Rush thinking?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 02:32:36 PM »
On his May 4th 2004 broadcast, Limbaugh said that Abu Ghraib prison guards, who according to Maj. Gen. Antonio M. Taguba's official US Army report and subsequent videos seen by reporter Seymour Hersh, raped children in front of their mothers, were just "having a good time" and "blowing off some seam."

I have that broadcast and he says nothing of the kind.........post a link to your source and the broadcast. Besides, is that anyworse than Kerry saying that OUR troops are going into neighborhoods "terrorizing, raping and murdering" Iraqi women and children? Sorry dude, what Kerry said is far worse that what Rush supposedly said....what Kerry said was nothing less than treasonist anti-American propaganda!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 03:32:00 PM »
I have that broadcast and he says nothing of the kind.........post a link to your source and the broadcast. Besides, is that anyworse than Kerry saying that OUR troops are going into neighborhoods "terrorizing, raping and murdering" Iraqi women and children? Sorry dude, what Kerry said is far worse that what Rush supposedly said....what Kerry said was nothing less than treasonist anti-American propaganda!

I agree Kerry's words were straight F'ed up.  I wanted to spit when I heard it.  He's a POS, but not a traitor.  (And it turned out that Kerry was privy to intel that later came out which showed we did commit a bit of rape and murder in isolated incidents- the incident he was referring to actually did happen)

But using the word treason - for either of these men's statements - is wrong.   Traitor/Treason applies to those who want our nation to fail and act to help facilitate this.   When people - far left, right, or the middle - speak their mind on US Policy and how it can be improved, that's using your constitutional rights.  Washington and Jefferson wanted Kerry, Rush, the loose change kids, oreilly, colmes, and everyone in between, to be able to speak their mind.  Conflict begets change which leads to improvements.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 03:34:39 PM »
Hear Rush's words:
http://mediamatters.org/items/200405050003

LIMBAUGH: Exactly. Exactly my point! This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation and we're going to ruin people's lives over it and we're going to hamper our military effort, and then we are going to really hammer them because they had a good time. You know, these people are being fired at every day. I'm talking about people having a good time, these people, you ever heard of emotional release? You ever heard of need to blow some steam off?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 03:49:27 PM »
just curious - did he remove that line from the released recording?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 04:02:09 PM »
http://mediamatters.org/about_us/

Gotta say Rob, your my favorite Liberal on this board!

This site was launched in May of 2004 and from what I can see Rush was the first person they when after....why? Because he's a threat to the Dems!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 04:04:16 PM »
I agree with Rush.

They are the enemy.  You don't think this same shit happened in every war we ever fought?  The only difference now is video cameras. War sucks all around, but don't send people to go fight it, get shot at every day, live knowing every moment might be their last, then expect them to follow some nicey-nice "rules" like they were back on the streets of suburbia or something.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 04:11:51 PM »
Shit, the enemy has no problem cutting of the heads of Americans!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 04:12:32 PM »
http://mediamatters.org/about_us/

Gotta say Rob, your my favorite Liberal on this board!

This site was launched in May of 2004 and from what I can see Rush was the first person they when after....why? Because he's a threat to the Dems!

LOL... I'm a republican.  I hate liberals.  but I also hate human rights abuses that involve kids, and when the word 'treason' is used to label opposing opinions.

And we should be careful not to attack that website - the quote is Rush's own words, not something they made up.  I could care less who is a threat to who.  Both sides have talking heads to bash the other.  But Rush made those statements.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 04:17:55 PM »
Seeing as this has spiraled into a Dem vs. repub thing... let's take it back to point:

Was Rush "right" when he said US forces committing torture and rape were just "having a good time" and "blowing off some seam."?

Make it about the man, not the monster party battles or biased websites. These are Rush's words.  Was he right?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 04:30:30 PM »
Assuming he said that, those are horrific words.

Anyone who refers to the rape of women as "just having a good time" is despicable.

I doubt he would think it was a "good time" if his wife or daughter was raped :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 04:43:42 PM »
There are crap people on both sides of the aisle.
There are websites designed to bash the other, from both sides of the aisle.

it is because of this we have to evaulate individuals and events on a case-by-case basis.  You could never say all Repubs are perverts because Foley liked young boys.  You could never say all Dems are corrupt because one of them had $90k in marked bribe $ in his freezer.

Kerry made that statement and was bashed - and yes, he was wrong because only a very small % of our troops actually commit war crimes.   Rush made that statement, and it was wrong too.   Even well-meaning men, which both of them are, fuck up now and then.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 04:48:07 PM »
Seeing as this has spiraled into a Dem vs. repub thing... let's take it back to point:

Was Rush "right" when he said US forces committing torture and rape were just "having a good time" and "blowing off some seam."?

Make it about the man, not the monster party battles or biased websites. These are Rush's words.  Was he right?

To quote Ronald Reagan, "there you go again."   ::)  You distorted his comments.  He was responding to a caller's comments about taking pictures of naked men, not rape:

CALLER: It was like a college fraternity prank that stacked up naked men --

LIMBAUGH: Exactly. Exactly my point! This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation and we're going to ruin people's lives over it and we're going to hamper our military effort, and then we are going to really hammer them because they had a good time. You know, these people are being fired at every day. I'm talking about people having a good time, these people, you ever heard of emotional release? You ever heard of need to blow some steam off?

The day before, on his May 3 show, Limbaugh observed that the American troops who mistreated Iraqi prisoners of war were "babes" and that the pictures of the alleged abuse were no worse than "anything you'd see Madonna, or Britney Spears do on stage."

LIMBAUGH: And these American prisoners of war -- have you people noticed who the torturers are? Women! The babes! The babes are meting out the torture.

LIMBAUGH: You know, if you look at -- if you, really, if you look at these pictures, I mean, I don't know if it's just me, but it looks just like anything you'd see Madonna, or Britney Spears do on stage. Maybe I'm -- yeah. And get an NEA grant for something like this. I mean, this is something that you can see on stage at Lincoln Center from an NEA grant, maybe on Sex in the City -- the movie. I mean, I don't -- it's just me.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200405050003

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 11:22:56 AM »
I agree Kerry's words were straight F'ed up.  I wanted to spit when I heard it.  He's a POS, but not a traitor.  (And it turned out that Kerry was privy to intel that later came out which showed we did commit a bit of rape and murder in isolated incidents- the incident he was referring to actually did happen)

If Kerry was right about the facts...

Explain to me exactly how Kerry is a POS for telling the truth?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2006, 11:39:26 AM »

YIP
Zack

How is he a POS? He goes against our own troops....you don't think our military knows what is being said about them....of course they do.........and no, he's not telling the truth, just like almost everything else, he's a blatant lier!

Again, I don't think you realize who the real enemies are!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 11:40:38 AM »

YIP
Zack

I can't stand Kerry, but come to think of it, you might be right here.  When I first heard it, I was pissed... I thought he was putting our troops in more danger.  Perhaps I shall flipflop and retract that statement.

Kerry told the truth.  He knew that there were allegations (from whistleblower fellow soldiers) of rape and murder from angry and horny soldiers.

Sorry, Mr.  Kerry.  I can't stand you for your gungrabbing ways.  But you were correct about the US soldiers committing atrocities.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006, 11:45:57 AM »
and no, he's not telling the truth, just like almost everything else, he's a blatant lier!

Actually, Kerry is a member of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and has security clearance to much of the intel that we do not.

Kerry was privy to the allegations long before the media got them.

A fellow soldiers blew the whistles on an instance of rape, murder of a 14-year old Iraqi girl by a few US soldiers.  They planned it for days, then got drunk, took turns raping her while the family was held at bay in the next room, then executed the entire family.  Then they started a small fire to conceal the entry wounds (I think it was gasoline poured on heads to limit ability to do an autopsy).  Then they had chicken wings.

How is Kerry a liar?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2006, 01:24:40 PM »

A fellow soldiers blew the whistles on an instance of rape, murder of a 14-year old Iraqi girl by a few US soldiers.  They planned it for days, then got drunk, took turns raping her while the family was held at bay in the next room, then executed the entire family.  Then they started a small fire to conceal the entry wounds (I think it was gasoline poured on heads to limit ability to do an autopsy).  Then they had chicken wings.

How is Kerry a liar?

You are pointing out a few Solders that should be court marshalled and sent to prison.....Kerry makes his words into blanket statement....he spins what a few people did and blames the entire military.......he's against the troops and doesn't support them........that makes him a POS!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2006, 02:11:22 PM »
How is he a POS? He goes against our own troops....you don't think our military knows what is being said about them....of course they do.........and no, he's not telling the truth, just like almost everything else, he's a blatant lier!

Again, I don't think you realize who the real enemies are!

You're right, Bush is a blatant liar.

By the way, even though Kerry is a liberal idiot he's still got more credibility when it comes to fighting and war than does Bush. Your boy Bush was and is a spoiled rich kid that would be pumping gas and shooting heroin if not for the family he was born into.

To champion Bush is to champion wealth and privilege without achievement.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2006, 04:30:35 PM »
I will agree with you 240 or bust that Kerry's personality isn't picket fences.

He's simply not common people.

Still, as you pointed out, doesn't change the fact that Kerry can be right or wrong on matters.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2006, 09:13:59 PM »

By the way, even though Kerry is a liberal idiot he's still got more credibility when it comes to fighting and war than does Bush. Your boy Bush was and is a spoiled rich kid that would be pumping gas and shooting heroin if not for the family he was born into.

To champion Bush is to champion wealth and privilege without achievement.

Kerry's "credibility" when it comes to the war is a crock of shit. And as far as being a spoiled rich kid and would be pumping gas and shooting heroin......so would 3/4 of the Government!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 09:07:53 AM »
Kerry's "credibility" when it comes to the war is a crock of shit. And as far as being a spoiled rich kid and would be pumping gas and shooting heroin......so would 3/4 of the Government!

Do you ever give a reasoned rebuttal? You must be one hell of an angry guy.

At least Kerry was in Vietnam in harms way and saw fighting.

What exactly did Bush see during Vietnam?

Is that really your rebuttal to my comment on Bush being a spoiled rich kid? You realize we're talking about the President of the United States don't you? You know, the most powerful man in the world? You know the guy that has led us into this useless war?

Bash Liberals all you want but when you fail to admit the shortcomings of the Republican party then you lose all credibility.

You're like one of those sad and desperate mothers who swears up and down her son is a good kid and would never do anything wrong even though he's been arrested 15 times and has spent 6 years in prison.  ::)

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 11:46:19 AM »

Give him some slack.  He's still in an Oxyidated haze.  Still an ass hole though and only a buzzed out moron would make these statements without thinking.  Once a junkie, always a junkie.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 02:02:09 PM »
Do you ever give a reasoned rebuttal? You must be one hell of an angry guy.

At least Kerry was in Vietnam in harms way and saw fighting.

What exactly did Bush see during Vietnam?

Is that really your rebuttal to my comment on Bush being a spoiled rich kid? You realize we're talking about the President of the United States don't you? You know, the most powerful man in the world? You know the guy that has led us into this useless war?

Bash Liberals all you want but when you fail to admit the shortcomings of the Republican party then you lose all credibility.

You're like one of those sad and desperate mothers who swears up and down her son is a good kid and would never do anything wrong even though he's been arrested 15 times and has spent 6 years in prison.  ::)

The truth about John Kerry...........

http://www.johnfkerrysucks.com/john_kerry_swiftboat_vietnam.html

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 02:47:39 PM »
The truth about John Kerry...........

http://www.johnfkerrysucks.com/john_kerry_swiftboat_vietnam.html

The truth from a website called johnfkerrysucks.com?

I notice how you conveniently didn't answer my question regarding where Bush was during the war.

I'm trying to figure out who has more credibility, someone that actually was in the war or someone whose father got him out of the war. It's a tough decision.  ::)