Author Topic: 1980 Olympia - CBS never released the footage  (Read 124305 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
1980 Olympia - CBS never released the footage
« on: January 06, 2015, 03:48:03 AM »
If the remastered never before seen footage of the most controversial bodybuilding contest of all time is finally released., And all the comparison shots from the back shows Dickeson in better shape than Arnold, and all the booing after Arnold is called the winner is evident.  

Would you be surprised ? Buy the DVD ?

Would it hurt Arnold's bodybuilding legacy or simply make it more relevant for younger generation that would get to see Arnold in a bodybuilding contest in a more realistic approach than Pumping Iron  ?

Woooshhhhhhhh.    2015.  

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: 1980 mr.O. CBS never released footage
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 04:10:48 AM »
I took a lot of photos of the 1980 Mr Olympia which was in Sydney. During the finals I was shooting colour slides and got a mate in the row in front of me

to take a video. Would you believe most of that was ruined because he got so excited he started stamping his feet. I haven't looked at it to see if I

recorded the booing at the end. This mate was cheering for Roger Walker who made the finals and thus all the excitement. What a shame

because I was in a great position in the middle of the Concert Hall and we would have had a good view of what happened.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 05:00:46 AM »
Controversial only because Arnold shouldn't have been allowed to compete, not because he was undeserving of the title, won fair and square in my opinion... Most controversial? Hardly... Mr Basile himself, if i remember correctly, said that Arnold was booed for a moment, cheered after...

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 05:04:09 AM »
Booing or not... the video does not lie.  Arnold (25lbs lighter than he was previously) was the best bodybuilder on that day.

Get over it.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 05:10:10 AM »
Booing or not... the video does not lie.  Arnold (25lbs lighter than he was previously) was the best bodybuilder on that day.

Get over it.

True, the video really shows even when Arnold was 80% he was still better than the rest.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 05:12:40 AM »
I took a lot of photos of the 1980 Mr Olympia which was in Sydney. During the finals I was shooting colour slides and got a mate in the row in front of me

to take a video. Would you believe most of that was ruined because he got so excited he started stamping his feet. I haven't looked at it to see if I

recorded the booing at the end. This mate was cheering for Roger Walker who made the finals and thus all the excitement. What a shame

because I was in a great position in the middle of the Concert Hall and we would have had a good view of what happened.

You should take a look at the whole footage then .... 

with magazines dying, nothing relevant or appealing going on with today's bodybuilding .....

you might have a treasure there.

Wooossshhhh  the OAk

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 10:09:48 AM »
If?  If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Seriously, it's 2015 and we all need to move on.  Arnold won.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 02:04:59 PM »

lol at "stamp his feet"...Code for jerking off furiously during the thong show :-\

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 02:14:48 PM »
in another 35 years , NBC will release the 2014 Mr OLYmpia as well

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 02:30:42 PM »
If?  If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Seriously, it's 2015 and we all need to move on.  Arnold won.

I think you're missing the point ....  the biggest and better footage of the 1980 contest for some "mysterious" reason never aired...

If is released ,

Well read the questions at beginning of thread

WoooSSHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 02:32:10 PM »
in another 35 years , NBC will release the 2014 Mr OLYmpia as well

Too bad no one really remembers who were the top 6 one week after.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH  Philsulin

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 05:39:05 AM »
"I think they're booing Arnold" - (Mentzer )

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 05:42:12 AM »
Joe - "Don't worry Arnold, I'll make sure that film is destroyed, wont come out of Australia trust me"

Arnold- I'll pretend like I'm too busy enjoyng the $1,000 check "

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, 05:54:38 AM »
I think you're missing the point ....  the biggest and better footage of the 1980 contest for some "mysterious" reason never aired...

If is released ,

Well read the questions at beginning of thread

WoooSSHHHHHHHHH

No, I think you are the one missing the point.  The point is that this happened in 1980.  It's over.

There are no new developments or new ramifications for Arnold or anyone else that was involved.

Let's all get on with our lives.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, 06:37:47 AM »
No, I think you are the one missing the point.  The point is that this happened in 1980.  It's over.

There are no new developments or new ramifications for Arnold or anyone else that was involved.

Let's all get on with our lives.

Unless you watch the actual footage filmed by a professional crew from CBS that traveled exclusively to capture the contest as it really happened.

Things that makes you go WoooSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  !

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 06:50:05 AM »
Unless you watch the actual footage filmed by a professional crew from CBS that traveled exclusively to capture the contest as it really happened.

Unless you want to build a time machine it's going to make zero difference.  Arnold won.  End of story.

Arnold is almost 70 fucking years old at this point.  Mentzer lost his mind and dropped dead.  It's over.  No one cares anymore.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 09:05:36 AM »
Unless you want to build a time machine it's going to make zero difference.  Arnold won.  End of story.

Arnold is almost 70 fucking years old at this point.  Mentzer lost his mind and dropped dead.  It's over.  No one cares anymore.

The truth can emerge and change everything ...all you need is a new perspective, a new evidence. - "Frank Zane'

Plus you need to admit that It'd b wicked fun to watch the most respected bodybuilders of all time, in one line up displayed from a neutral source rather than just Weider,Busek,Balik, old pics and articles .

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH  the truth will save us all

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 09:36:34 AM »

The truth can emerge and change everything ...all you need is a new perspective, a new evidence. - "Frank Zane'

Plus you need to admit that It'd b wicked fun to watch the most respected bodybuilders of all time, in one line up displayed from a neutral source rather than just Weider,Busek,Balik, old pics and articles .

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH  the truth will save us all

I don't think so

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 09:38:47 AM »
Arnold kicked ass in `80 !!

Stop whining!

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2015, 10:19:36 AM »

I don't think so

Then you're not really a bodybuilding fan , don't want any negative publicity towards Arnold last Olympia, or are under age 21 and don't know much about it.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2015, 11:14:13 AM »

Get over it.

It was very close and Arnold, being Arnold, won the day.

In 1980, Zane was lighter and off from his incredible 1979 winning form.
Mentzer looked good but lacked the chest depth and overall stage presence to defeat Arnold.
 Roy Callender and Chris Dickerson looked incredible but seemed small next to a man of Arnold's stature.
Boyer Coe lacked abs and back detail and Platz was still too bottom hvy in 1980

I can see why Arnold won and have no problems with it.
Based on what I have seen , I would have picked it:
Roy Calender 1st, Dickerson 2nd, Arnold 3rd, Mentzer 4th...

I had Tom Platz winning in 1981 as he looked incredible.
Franco winning in 1981 was the worst Olympia pick of all time.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2015, 11:22:54 AM »

1000x repeated story  ::)

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2015, 11:26:56 AM »
Roy Callender and Chris Dickerson looked incredible but seemed small next to a man of Arnold's stature.

I was watching 'The Comeback' on youtube, and noticed this. But I also felt Arnold looked, I dunno, kind of old and tired. Didn't have that enthusiasm from before. Which I guess could be attributed to his focus on Hollywood?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2015, 11:27:27 AM »

I saw a fuzzy YOUTUBE version , so I'm an expert on this topic... ;)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2015, 11:28:16 AM »
I was watching 'The Comeback' on youtube, and noticed this. But I also felt Arnold looked, I dunno, kind of old and tired. Didn't have that enthusiasm from before. Which I guess could be attributed to his focus on Hollywood?

I agree, but I wasn't there in person, so WTF.