Author Topic: Allah is satan.  (Read 59058 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Allah is satan.
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2017, 08:35:19 AM »
B option.

Would you come to God in faithful repentance first?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2017, 10:09:36 AM »
Would you come to God in faithful repentance first?

wouldn't make sense. Cart before the horse

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2017, 12:12:56 PM »
wouldn't make sense. Cart before the horse

In this instance we're referring to the Christian worldview which encompasses the supernatural realm of God.....not the scientific, natural worldview.  Demanding one conform to the other is a category error so you have to remain bound to the tenets of the Christian worldview that you object to.  That said, scripture is plain in that salvation comes via faith in the atoning works of Christ that were recorded long ago.

This salvific event ("the horse") occurred a long time ago and was documented and passed down through the centuries and millions have experienced firsthand the divine intervention of God in their lives via repentance and faithful acknowledgment of Christ's work on the cross ("the cart").   To fully understand the full impact of Christ's atoning work means you are bound by God's terms as outlined in scripture....his will for you.  Saying it doesn't make sense putting the cart before the horse just doesn't hold water.  For most it's an excuse to avoid accountability and judgment and to further suppress the reality of God they inherently know is true.   Either a person is willing to submit or they aren't, but don't blame God or the bible or Christians for not providing the definite means to know God that millions of others know worldwide.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2017, 08:17:19 PM »
In this instance we're referring to the Christian worldview which encompasses the supernatural realm of God.....not the scientific, natural worldview.  Demanding one conform to the other is a category error so you have to remain bound to the tenets of the Christian worldview that you object to.  That said, scripture is plain in that salvation comes via faith in the atoning works of Christ that were recorded long ago.

This salvific event ("the horse") occurred a long time ago and was documented and passed down through the centuries and millions have experienced firsthand the divine intervention of God in their lives via repentance and faithful acknowledgment of Christ's work on the cross ("the cart").   To fully understand the full impact of Christ's atoning work means you are bound by God's terms as outlined in scripture....his will for you.  Saying it doesn't make sense putting the cart before the horse just doesn't hold water.  For most it's an excuse to avoid accountability and judgment and to further suppress the reality of God they inherently know is true.   Either a person is willing to submit or they aren't, but don't blame God or the bible or Christians for not providing the definite means to know God that millions of others know worldwide.

For most it's a signal that they have moved beyond the fairytales and Santa Clause stories of youth and require compelling imperical evidence before they suspend all logic and believe a supernatural being that could cure cancer and doesn't exists and created man from dust and flooded the earth and killed everyone but 8 people and 2 or 7 (depends on the chapter ) of every animal on earth that was stored upon a ship roughly the size of a football field. Christians say it's because of some silly reason like you mentioned in order to justify why they (Christians) believe something so far fetched, that others don't

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2017, 11:24:53 PM »
I appreciate that and I'm grateful for your contributions on these boards as well.

I believe that conscience represents the law of God written upon each of our hearts.  Often times we instinctively recognize something as right or wrong with no prior experience to guide that opinion.   It's been impressed upon us by God....coded into us if you will.    I believe it's as simple as instinctively recognizing that stealing is wrong....even small children inherently grasp this.   Why is stealing wrong?  Because God is not a thief.

I believe that the laws of logic are established by the very nature of God.  He is the source of logic.  The objective standard by which all things are measured.   There exists such a schism between groups as they interpret what is logical and what is illogical or what is truth and what is a fallacious claim or argument.   The subjectivity of men lends itself to every wind of doctrine tossing us to and fro as scripture states.   It's only when grounded in the objectivity of God does logic have a genuine foundation.

I believe that when people make a conscious decision to suppress God that they progressively harden their hearts and therefore there's no drawing of God in their lives.   Through his foreknowledge of their deeds he knows their hearts are shut to him and therefore coming to him in repentance will not happen so they never experience his divine drawing to salvation.   At least in agnosticism there's more hope that hearts aren't fully shut, but with the majority of atheists it's typically a done deal and their eternity sealed.

Something about your post made me stop and think for a while, MoS.  One of those which require careful consideration.  I really appreciate that.  You got me thinking how conscience must be our most important day-to-day thought process, since it's the only one greater (and last thing standing) after logic.  Our logic couldn't exist without it, and yet the reverse isn't necessarily true.

Meaning that, contrary to popular opinion, logic must answer to conscience and not the other way around.  Of all things, logic itself shows that's true.

I then have to say, as you've already led to, that conscience appears to be an independent force, from outside ourselves.  We know it exists in the most unlikely situations, as you point out, often regardless of the harshest circumstances in which it must defy.  We know, too, clearly and by definition, it has a most peculiar ability to serve as a guide, so perfectly unwavering in its message  --  supporting the idea that it is an external print upon us.  Furthermore, and most importantly: it holds unique command over feelings of satisfaction, contentment, fulfillment, even relief, that are drawn completely from outside of the self.

It shows, imo, that your post is sound reasoning.