Author Topic: Covid-19 - Booster Shots - Reactions - do they work?  (Read 27483 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: COVID booster shots
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2022, 04:39:49 PM »

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2022, 04:46:04 PM »
Sorry to hear.

Still better than getting COVID.

:)

most people with covid don't end up in the hospital

E
E

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2022, 05:25:00 PM »

E
A young person now is very rare.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2022, 05:34:45 PM »

E

This is very true and there's been at least one survey indicating that liberals vastly overestimate the chances of becoming hospitalized if you get Covid.  The actual chances of hospitalization are 5% or less IF YOU GET IT, but 41% of Democrats estimate that it is a 50% chance of hospitalization if you get it.  Wildly misinformed.  Explains A LOT!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2022, 05:36:11 PM »
“If you’ve already had Covid then you get the vaccine, it could be detrimental to your health” - Dr. Robert Malone

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2022, 05:45:18 PM »
My daughter got a COVID booster last Friday. Late in the evening she began to feel nauseous and started vomiting. Then the body and headache commenced. This went on for several days. She was feeling very weak and was barely able to stand. She ended up going to the hospital where they immediately checked her in. She was given a COVID test which was negative.

She waited two hours for an available hospital bed. She was so dehydrated from throwing up for a couple of days, they immediately hooked her up to an IV, giving her 3 bags of fluids within a short time period to get her rehydrated. She was also given medications. I'm not sure what medications though. Fortunately she's back home and feeling better today.

She had almost no reaction to the first to COVID shots. If I remember correctly, she had Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

She's commented that she's not excited about getting any future boosters. Who would be?

That's horrible, Prime.

Just one question:

In your second last paragraph, you stated that she had almost no reactions to the first to [sic] COVID shots. I misread that for a second, but now I see that you addressed both shots there.

So my question for you is - did your daughter get a slightly worse reaction to the second shot, compared to the first?

From my observation, people who get a negative reaction from these shots seem to be get successively worse reactions as they get successive boosters.

I would assume, based on this observation, that people will get worse reactions as they get 4th and 5th boosters, etc.

Since your daughter's reaction was so severe, my personal opinion would be that she should not get more boosters.

Put another way:

I think you should ask her to consider the possibility that her reaction to further shots may be the same if not WORSE. Then ask her if it's worth it to her to experience such side effects.

I also feel that from the way you describe your daughter's reaction, that she should be eligible for an exemption to any boosters.

Does she actually want to get these boosters, or is it just for travel or work obligations? If it's the latter, I'd say screw it. That is a horrible thing to experience by people being forced to get these boosters.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2022, 05:56:17 PM »
“If you’ve already had Covid then you get the vaccine, it could be detrimental to your health” - Dr. Robert Malone

Holy f*ck.

That makes sense. I mean, doesn't it make intuitive sense that COVID recovered people would react to a gene therapy agent that programs the immune system to react in a way it's already had experience with.

It just seems to me like you'd bombarding the immune system with multiple instructions to do the same thing, from different sources.

At the very least, this should be studied.

If that's true, they NEED to put exemptions for COVID recovered people.

Incidentally, I exposed myself to a friend who tested positive for COVID, nine days ago.

Maybe it's just on my head, but I'm definitely experiencing some muscle soreness today. Could be the 6g of old Kratom I had last night though. It's definitely not in my head, but it could be some kind of hangover from Kratom.

Does anyone here use it? I have...but not in several months, so maybe I reacted more negatively to the side effects as a result.

Or maybe I do have COVID. My friend told me that all he experienced was muscle soreness.

This Omicron variant is being confused for the common cold in some people, lol!!

So I see no reason not to get it.

Also, THAT IS HOW WE REACH HERD IMMUNITY. Which the Government of Canada has done everything possible to try to PREVENT.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2022, 11:12:32 PM »

Dr. Robert Malone. Guess what? Never earned a doctorate. He may be right or he may be wrong about the vaccine but he isn't who he claims to be. In other words, he is a liar.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: COVID booster shots - reactions
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2022, 12:14:25 AM »
My daughter got a COVID booster last Friday. Late in the evening she began to feel nauseous and started vomiting. Then the body and headache commenced. This went on for several days. She was feeling very weak and was barely able to stand. She ended up going to the hospital where they immediately checked her in. She was given a COVID test which was negative.

She waited two hours for an available hospital bed. She was so dehydrated from throwing up for a couple of days, they immediately hooked her up to an IV, giving her 3 bags of fluids within a short time period to get her rehydrated. She was also given medications. I'm not sure what medications though. Fortunately she's back home and feeling better today.

She had almost no reaction to the first two COVID shots. If I remember correctly, she had Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

She's commented that she's not excited about getting any future boosters. Who would be?

Darwinism in action..

However if she is gonna insist on getting boosters in the future (good chance going forward they'll stop offering them to everyone) strong side effects like this generally occur once. Those who had it with the second jab won't get it with the 3rd or 4th. Those getting it with the 3rd won't get it with the 4th or 5th etc.

Shame though she can't see how idiotic things are getting. Guess she inherited her intelligence from you.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2022, 12:38:25 AM »
Dr. Robert Malone. Guess what? Never earned a doctorate. He may be right or he may be wrong about the vaccine but he isn't who he claims to be. In other words, he is a liar.

Dr. Malone doesn't have a medical degree? What evidence do you have of that?

Education   MD, Northwestern University
MSc, University of California, San Diego
BSc, University of California, Davis

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2022, 01:36:26 AM »
Dr. Malone doesn't have a medical degree? What evidence do you have of that?

Education   MD, Northwestern University
MSc, University of California, San Diego
BSc, University of California, Davis

Quack.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2022, 03:04:03 AM »

She had almost no reaction to the first two COVID shots. If I remember correctly, she had Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

Makes no sense.  Boosters are the same stuff unless mixed with 2 different companies or the ingredients spoiled.  See Africa tossing out 1 million doses.  Vaccines are safe and effective, confirmed by over 1000 posts by OAK

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2022, 03:05:21 AM »

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2022, 03:14:23 AM »

One thing I verified from my daughter's recent experience is hospitals here are feeling the impact of the rise in COVID cases. It is unusual to have to wait for a bed at the hospital she was at. Since the CDC said Omicron was less likely to result in hospitalization, this confirms that it's more contagious and the number of people contracting it is much greater than the original COVID-19 or Delta variant. It could also mean that people like my daughter are having adverse reactions to the booster which are serious enough to require hospitalization.

We have more than double the cases of peak delta and have pretty much the same number in hospitals as peak delta.

This is also combined with running out of test kits, testing stations reduced hours of holidays breaks, testing stations simply being unmanned, changes of testing rules to make it less frequent.

Here we had 2,500 delta cases daily at peak and 1,500 in hospital.

Today we hit 35,000 daily cases and still peaking but have 1,500 in hospital.

Where messaging by media confuses people is if hospitals were strained at 1,500 under delta then arguably 1,500 is capacity regardless of cases and therefore under strain. They don’t tell people of yeah we actually have 15x more people with it which is really the core message to take home.

Mortality rate is now falling through the floor which is exactly what I explained would happen with omicron. Omicron by itself will be lower mortality than flu.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2022, 03:23:36 AM »
Got Covid last week. Can only consider it as a mild flu. Never took any vaccine and i am not convinced to ever do so.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2022, 03:44:38 AM »
The vaccines are about money, control and culling the herd - primarily the pesky retired class.
If I remember correctly, many years ago Francois Mitterand talked about "sheep shaving" via vaccinations where the dumb, handicapped, obedient and useless are purged via silent means. The "intelligent" will most likely be merely tolerated as productive slaves. It's an age old hope of the upper crust to get rid of the useless eaters in a swift way.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2022, 03:46:16 AM »

He's an MD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_W._Malone

"Robert Malone received his BSc in biochemistry from the University of California, Davis in 1984, his MSc in biology from the University of California, San Diego in 1988, and his MD from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in 1991.  He attended Harvard Medical School for a year-long postdoctoral studies program."

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2022, 06:07:02 AM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2022, 06:43:04 AM »
Quack.

Ah okay....the kind of quack that invented the mRNA vaxxx you love? Can't have it both ways.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2022, 07:01:24 AM »
Got Covid last week. Can only consider it as a mild flu. Never took any vaccine and i am not convinced to ever do so.

Now that you've had it, you've got natural immunity, especially as it was mild and you whooped it quick.  Now if you want extra special secret super immunity you can get vaccinated also and decrease your chances of serious consequences from less than 99.9% to less than 99.91%

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2022, 07:32:31 AM »
Now that you've had it, you've got natural immunity, especially as it was mild and you whooped it quick.  Now if you want extra special secret super immunity you can get vaccinated also and decrease your chances of serious consequences from less than 99.9% to less than 99.91%

Unfortunately, no. People who had the first variant of covid often think they are safe, because they are immune. Problem is, the delta variant has mutated to such extent (compared to the original chinese version) that your immune system will not recognize it. So you can get ill again.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2022, 07:41:15 AM »

If you haven't listened to the podcast, you shouldn't be commenting on Malone.  You already posted The Atlantic article in another thread, and that article was discussed on the podcast, and gave the driving force behind it, the inaccuracies, and such.  In other words, you are doing exactly what it was designed to do - create a sense of doubt from some minor technicalities, and have him dismissed as a liar or quack.

Give it a listen and draw your own conclusions. This guy is insanely qualified on the subject. He's dedicated his life to it and wants to retire, but he said he just can't with a clear conscious because of his concern for the children.
Y

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2022, 07:54:28 AM »
“Booster” LOL

The original strain was CONSIDERABLY more deadly, and you still had nearing a 100-percent chance to survive.

NO ONE is dying from Decepticon.

It’s essentially a cold.

“Booster”

We’re existing in Clown World.

Problem is, to my knowledge nobody dies from a common cold.

This experienced Dutch health care worker died age 42 in July 2020:

volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/op-de-dag-dat-het-rivm-nul-doden-meldde-stierf-verpleegkundige-boy-ettema-aan-corona~bf67bcd7/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

He was slim, non smoker, physically active (cycling), and no underlying illnesses. An IC patient had coughed in his face.

99% of healthy 40 - 45 year olds will not die, and if Boy Ettema would have gotten Covid today he very probably would have survived (Vaccines, more knowledge, better medication etc).

What many people underestimate is that there is a lot besides dying from covid. Being admitted to a hospital because you are choking does not sound like fun to me. Even if you do not have to go to an IC unit, it might be very unpleasant for many days.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2022, 08:00:57 AM »
I'm not lucky, i'm healthy.

Healthy 40 year old men do not go to the hospital "for" Covid.

And they don't die from it either.

For the most part, you are right. But as always there are exceptions:

msn.com/en-us/news/world/kickboxing-champ-dies-after-refusing-to-admit-he-has-covid-checking-himself-out-of-hospital/ar-AASbPoK?li=BBorjTa

This Belgian (French speaking part of the country) steroid using Einstein believed in fairy tales and did not believe in modern science.
Like most kickboxers, he was quite arrogant and stupid.

He probably got all his "knowledge" from facebook or other unverified crappy apps or websites.
Went home with an oxygen tank and choked to death several days later.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2022, 08:24:56 AM »

I have no idea why you, Strawman, Lurker, etc keep doing this to yourselves

“Dr. Robert Malone is the inventor of the nine original mRNA vaccine patents, which were originally filed in 1989 (including both the idea of mRNA vaccines and the original proof of principle experiments) and RNA transfection. Dr. Malone, has close to 100 peer-reviewed publications which have been cited over 12,000 times. Since January 2020, Dr. Malone has been leading a large team focused on clinical research design, drug development, computer modeling and mechanisms of action of repurposed drugs for the treatment of COVID-19. Dr. Malone is the Medical Director of The Unity Project, a group of 300 organizations across the US standing against mandated COVID vaccines for children. He is also the President of the Global Covid Summit, an organization of over 16,000 doctors and scientists committed to speaking truth to power about COVID pandemic research and treatment.”