Author Topic: Thinking About Islam.  (Read 5259 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Thinking About Islam.
« on: April 11, 2022, 04:43:07 PM »
I'm looking to find some meaning in my life, anywhere I can find it.

I think part of why Social Justice is so insane is because people are seeking meaning, and can't find it in religion, or elsewhere - so they find it specifically, in supporting "the current thing".

I'm curious about one thing - how is it that Idi Amin, after murdering an estimated 300,000 to 500,000 of his countrymen in Uganda, managed to live out nearly a quarter of a century in peaceful exile in Saudi Arabia?

It seems like belief in God, as irrational as it is on the surface, brings some people meaning?

I'm just wondering about this. I'm open to new ideas.

I'm not claiming that Islam, or religion at all, is the answer. But I do think we need to find meaning in our lives, to make our lives worth living.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
Re: Thinking About Islam.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 06:36:07 PM »
Matt,

Thank you for opening your heart and coming to us with your thoughts. I can say categorically that now is the time for you to embrace Islam and allow Allah into your life.

And you're absolutely right. We all struggle to find meaning in life. To make sense of our existence. To search for something objective and lasting amongst this seemingly short and pointless journey. Since I first joined my local mosque, I've found a purpose and a sense of community that I never had before.

Take, for instance, every Thursday now. I am part of the 'Muslims against Mandates' group in my local area. We come together to hand out leaflets in our community which remind people of their individual rights and bodily autonomy under Islam. We are deeply opposed to the COVID jab on these grounds, and we fear what will happen if the government's cold-hearted utilitarianism is let loose on us. Furthermore, we are already demonized enough as a group - why should we trust the government? Their lack of transparency and accountability is part of the reason why this pandemic happened. Now they want us to take some poison when we don't even know what's in it? Fuck that shit! I applied for a waiver on religious grounds and was granted it.

Matt, I don't want to push you, but whenever you're ready to visit the mosque, please let me know and I'll give you some guidance. I will also send you some of those baggy, white pyjamas that Henda and I wear (it's called a 'thobe' and it's awesome for lounging around the house in).

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 08:10:24 PM »
As-salamu alaykum brothers and sisters. Seeing so many of you here, peacefully sharing your thoughts on Islam has warmed the cockles of my heart, and by the grace of the Prophet (PBUH) I too have come to find Allah.

Thanks to you, I will no longer I partake of bacon and zina shall never again be part of my life, but I will enjoy living faithfully in the Alamein as the Prophet taught! La ilaha il allah.

Or something.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 08:30:29 PM »
Salam brother and welcome. Your beautiful post has brought tears of joy to my eyes.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 12:24:24 AM »
^ Wow!!! I really didn't expect a positive response to this.

I didn't post this in the G&O for this reason.

The thing about me - I really don't care about letting everyone know if I'm going through hard times.

I don't think I would have made another year of the various mandates and measures in place, and I was just about certain I was about to get to the point of a physical confrontation with police had I been kept out of my favourite gym here any longer.

I've been immensely better ever since the V-passport ended about a month ago. But I am a ticking time bomb if this stuff starts again.

Matt, I don't want to push you, but whenever you're ready to visit the mosque, please let me know and I'll give you some guidance. I will also send you some of those baggy, white pyjamas that Henda and I wear (it's called a 'thobe' and it's awesome for lounging around the house in).

Do Mosques generally allow outsiders in? Is it going to be unusual for some otherwise non-religious White dude to walk in?

I've been studying Idi Amin a lot, and he attributes much of his peaceful exile and long life to his belief in Allah.

Saddam Hussein walked to his death praising Allah.

It must be nice to have faith like that.

Also, I want to be clear here: I'm not praising dictators. I'm merely saying I admire their faith in Allah, even to the very end.

Look at how stoic Saddam was even walking up to the gallows. This man was UNWAVERING, and I attribute that to his faith.

Is that such an unreasonable take?

Sometimes I wish I had faith like that.

I was friends with two Muslims in university, and one of them [Muhammad] told me that all faith in God is the same. The Creator is The Creator, in his view [he is now a citizen of Canada, and he has since converted to Catholicism, but I liked his take].

I don't have answers though - only questions. That's why I'm here.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 05:55:04 AM »
As-salamu alaykum brothers and sisters. Seeing so many of you here, peacefully sharing your thoughts on Islam has warmed the cockles of my heart, and by the grace of the Prophet (PBUH) I too have come to find Allah.

Thanks to you, I will no longer I partake of bacon and zina shall never again be part of my life, but I will enjoy living faithfully in the Alamein as the Prophet taught! La ilaha il allah.

Or something.

Proof, ladies and gentlemen, that if you come to Allah with love in your heart, he will respond! Getbig's esteemed avxo has discovered the path to salvation and we welcome him with open arms! Welcome, brother.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 06:10:47 AM »
^ Wow!!! I really didn't expect a positive response to this.

I didn't post this in the G&O for this reason.

The thing about me - I really don't care about letting everyone know if I'm going through hard times.

I don't think I would have made another year of the various mandates and measures in place, and I was just about certain I was about to get to the point of a physical confrontation with police had I been kept out of my favourite gym here any longer.

I've been immensely better ever since the V-passport ended about a month ago. But I am a ticking time bomb if this stuff starts again.

Do Mosques generally allow outsiders in? Is it going to be unusual for some otherwise non-religious White dude to walk in?

I've been studying Idi Amin a lot, and he attributes much of his peaceful exile and long life to his belief in Allah.

Also, I want to be clear here: I'm not praising dictators. I'm merely saying I admire their faith in Allah, even to the very end.

Look at how stoic Saddam was even walking up to the gallows. This man was UNWAVERING, and I attribute that to his faith.

Is that such an unreasonable take?

Sometimes I wish I had faith like that.

I was friends with two Muslims in university, and one of them [Muhammad] told me that all faith in God is the same. The Creator is The Creator, in his view [he is now a citizen of Canada, and he has since converted to Catholicism, but I liked his take].

I don't have answers though - only questions. That's why I'm here.

Matt,

Thanks for your questions, and I'm happy to tell you that you are NOT an outsider to us if you believe. You are most welcome at ANY mosque. Faith in Allah and a desire to better oneself are all that's required.

In answer to your other one, I'll first draw a distinction between the Saudi state and the Saudi citizens. The state is a self-serving monarchy, and they will have allowed Amin to stay for political as opposed to religious reasons. They FEAR the peaceful Salafist citizens of Saudi Arabia, and try hard to pacify their desire for a more Islamized society through handouts and, when that fails, brute force.

In regards to the admirable stoicism of the great Saddam Hussein - you're absolutely right. He went to his death with a dignity that escapes the Christians and the unbelievers of this world. Why? Because he KNEW what awaited him. He died fighting off the evils of Western imperialism and became a martyr. After my conversion, I, too, no longer fear death. When you experience Allah touching you, revealing himself to you (and you will), you'll understand. Have a blessed day.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2022, 09:46:32 AM »
Matt,

Thanks for your questions, and I'm happy to tell you that you are NOT an outsider to us if you believe. You are most welcome at ANY mosque. Faith in Allah and a desire to better oneself are all that's required.

In answer to your other one, I'll first draw a distinction between the Saudi state and the Saudi citizens. The state is a self-serving monarchy, and they will have allowed Amin to stay for political as opposed to religious reasons. They FEAR the peaceful Salafist citizens of Saudi Arabia, and try hard to pacify their desire for a more Islamized society through handouts and, when that fails, brute force.

In regards to the admirable stoicism of the great Saddam Hussein - you're absolutely right. He went to his death with a dignity that escapes the Christians and the unbelievers of this world. Why? Because he KNEW what awaited him. He died fighting off the evils of Western imperialism and became a martyr. After my conversion, I, too, no longer fear death. When you experience Allah touching you, revealing himself to you (and you will), you'll understand. Have a blessed day.

Thank you for replying.

It definitely seemed that way to me [Re: Saddam Hussein facing death].

I've been reading about Idi Amin's exile all day, lol.

This is amazing - what an incredible, peaceful, final 23+ years of his life:

https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/mad-ugandan-dictator-s-son-reveals-all-about-his-big-daddy-7284754.html

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2011/01/ben-ali-saudi-arabia-tunisia

If you go to that interview I posted in the OP, it is clear that Amin's faith in God [Allah] played a big role in his outlook.

I'd love to spend my last decades with 20+ of my children in the top two stories of the Novotel Hotel on Palestine Road in Jeddah, the Red Sea port city, with a $30,000 monthly stipend from the Saudi government!  :o

Incredible.

I was wondering how much the Saudi Monarchy was giving him. I just found out the amount today.

I figured this post would come across poorly on the G&O, but wasn't sure. I'm glad I posted it here.

I've been studying Idi Amin probably for this whole pandemic, roughly. I feel that Amin's Muslim faith ultimately led to his peaceful exile.

Even an atheist can look at it this way:

Say Amin was not a Muslim. Would the Saudi government had taken in him? I would think not. So what would have happened otherwise? He would have at best, been living in poverty in Sudan or Kenya, or elsewhere in Africa.

So even an atheist should be able to appreciate that his faith led to this outcome, even if it wasn't from a literal religious cause.

So - either way, it seems to me that love for Allah led to this outcome.

I'll have to check out the nearby Mosque. I don't imagine I can take pictures, but I can grab a picture from the outside, open to the public.

I'll learn the rules as I go, I'm sure, and keep this thread updated.  :)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2022, 01:37:57 PM »

Also, I want to be clear here: [1] I'm not praising dictators. I'm merely saying I admire their faith in Allah, even to the very end.

[2] Is that such an unreasonable take?

[1]  I am.  Since all is planned by Allah, who am I to judge His Wisdom?

And they planned and Allah also planned and Allah is the best of planners [Quran 3:54].

[2]  No it is not.

“Allah does not wrong the people at all, but it is the people who are wronging themselves.” [Quran 10:44].

And remember young Brother, "When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray – [Rumi].

T

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2022, 03:23:54 PM »

[1]  I am.  Since all is planned by Allah, who am I to judge His Wisdom?

And they planned and Allah also planned and Allah is the best of planners [Quran 3:54].

[2]  No it is not.

“Allah does not wrong the people at all, but it is the people who are wronging themselves.” [Quran 10:44].

And remember young Brother, "When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray – [Rumi].

I have some of Rumi's work in my locker at work.  I highly recommend reading his works.  Muslim and non Muslim alike can enrich their lives by doing so.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2022, 09:10:27 PM »
Good book about PEDO religion !.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2022, 09:21:11 PM »
Proof, ladies and gentlemen, that if you come to Allah with love in your heart, he will respond! Getbig's esteemed avxo has discovered the path to salvation and we welcome him with open arms! Welcome, brother.

PROOF that you are not SCOTISH & member of HRH military !.

Try to BULLSHIT again about SEA & lock up in Thailand  ;D

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2022, 09:35:04 PM »
PROOF that you are not SCOTISH & member of HRH military !.

Try to BULLSHIT again about SEA & lock up in Thailand  ;D

LMAO, no shock the volunteer security guard is looking to find meaning in his life. Have you considered turning your little pedo van into a vehicle-borne IED and blowing your retard brain off the face of this Earth? Get the fuck out of here, you jobless scumbag.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2022, 09:56:11 PM »
LMAO, no shock the volunteer security guard is looking to find meaning in his life. Have you considered turning your little pedo van into a vehicle-borne IED and blowing your retard brain off the face of this Earth? Get the fuck out of here, you jobless scumbag.

What fucking van, sold VW Kombi for hips of coins to Sydney car museum (Powerhouse @ Haymarket)  ;D ;D ;D

Just bought another beach 'shack' in 1770 surftown ,......................life is so good  8)

I was in Cheng Mai & Phuket (15.11.21 - Feb.22 ) , going back to Thai land in 10 days .............. :D

GoGo ladies a back ............... ;D

You pedo suckers just can't win , SHEITAN like me knows how to pissss you offff .

You could meet me @ Jungle gym in Pattaya  or @ Beer Garden on the beach ,..................... :D

OBW, I suport Glasgow Rangers  :D

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2022, 10:09:11 PM »
What fucking van, sold VW Kombi for hips of coins to Sydney car museum (Powerhouse @ Haymarket)  ;D ;D ;D

Just bought another beach 'shack' in 1770 surftown ,......................life is so good  8)

I was in Cheng Mai & Phuket (15.11.21 - Feb.22 ) , going back to Thai land in 10 days .............. :D

GoGo ladies a back ............... ;D

You pedo suckers just can't win , SHEITAN like me knows how to pissss you offff .

You could meet me @ Jungle gym in Pattaya  or @ Beer Garden on the beach ,..................... :D

OBW, I suport Glasgow Rangers  :D

Sorry, I don't remember asking for an update on your shit life. And I don't give a fuck who you support, lol. You can go support the weight of your mum's fat pussy with your face, you stupid little creep. I genuinely hope your plane crashes and you burn alive. Keep asking to meet and you'll get your wish.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2022, 10:58:15 PM »

See, I know how to PISS OFF pedo muhammadans  ;D

Oh, no U have no coins to travel  :'( (wanna see my new US $ 19 800 Thai Visa Elite  ;D )

SHEITAN allways win  ;D

Mohammed Omari

• Getbig III
  • Ham-ass
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2022, 01:01:53 AM »
Hello, Matt.

I have been a big fan of your work for a long time, and my heart is broken for what you and others been through during this lockdown. The people who did this to you should pay. The Canadian police force should pay. I'd like to talk more with you about your right to revenge under Islam - perhaps in private. In the meantime, though, please do consider swinging by one of your local Sunni mosques. I have some friends in the area I can put you in touch with.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2022, 09:29:20 AM »
Salam brother and welcome. Your beautiful post has brought tears of joy to my eyes.

More tears, Abu?  I am concerned that Western ways have corrupted your inherent male strength - tears are for our Wives and Children as we instil discipline in them - not for the Husband and Father teaching them that he does not tolerate disrespect

PBUY
T

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2022, 09:31:13 AM »
LMAO, no shock the volunteer security guard is looking to find meaning in his life. Have you considered turning your little pedo van into a vehicle-borne IED and blowing your retard brain off the face of this Earth? Get the fuck out of here, you jobless scumbag.  Oh, and Peace Be Upon You

Brother Spunk - I have fixed that for you

🤲🏽
T

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2022, 10:08:15 AM »
All religions are cults.

Islam is another one for the lost to follow.

All are horseshite.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2022, 04:35:09 PM »
More tears, Abu?  I am concerned that Western ways have corrupted your inherent male strength - tears are for our Wives and Children as we instil discipline in them - not for the Husband and Father teaching them that he does not tolerate disrespect

PBUY

Thank you for your concern.  I'll be performing additional supplication in hopes of atoning for this weakness.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2022, 04:11:09 PM »
I too have wondered, whilst at the airport and see the dudes on their little magic prayer carpets, that maybe I too am missing something and Islam may have the answer. PBUY.

Mohammed Omari

• Getbig III
  • Ham-ass
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2022, 04:08:55 AM »
I too have wondered, whilst at the airport and see the dudes on their little magic prayer carpets, that maybe I too am missing something and Islam may have the answer. PBUY.

Irongrip, welcome. I do believe that Islam has something to offer everyone and I would love to guide you on this journey if you need any help. You absolutely won't regret leaving Christianity behind and enriching your life with the love of Allah. Also, let me tell you a little secret about those prayer mats: women love them. I've got one with gold lettering and tassels and it gets me so much pussy you wouldn't believe it.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2022, 09:43:28 AM »
Irongrip, welcome. I do believe that Islam has something to offer everyone and I would love to guide you on this journey if you need any help. You absolutely won't regret leaving Christianity behind and enriching your life with the love of Allah. Also, let me tell you a little secret about those prayer mats: women love them. I've got one with gold lettering and tassels and it gets me so much pussy you wouldn't believe it.

Brother!

I confess I'm slightly shocked by your use of that vulgar western term - I'm sure you meant to use the proper term - almuhabil / المهبل

Now seek forgiveness in your heart, and remember - الأخوات بحاجة إلى ركوب الخيل الصعب

🤲🏽
T

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2022, 02:43:00 PM »
Also, let me tell you a little secret about those prayer mats: women love them. I've got one with gold lettering and tassels and it gets me so much pussy you wouldn't believe it.

;D