Author Topic: ...  (Read 617 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« on: October 09, 2012, 07:43:38 AM »

snx

• Getbig IV
Re: what is the better field to work in of these two: logistics or sales?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 07:59:22 AM »
A top performing sales person will make more money than a top performing logistics manager.

But money is an external motivator. Internal motivators are best when considering a career move.

Where do your passions lie? Do you enjoy the hustle of the deal, the financial P&L impact of a promotional venture, the intricacies of forecasting and the pressure to close the gap between forecast and budget all while executing your sales plan and making a customer happy? If so, you have a future in sales.

Or do your passions lie in finding and exploiting bottlenecks? In finding resource (land/labor/capital) constraints that prevent optimal efficiencies in scale and scope? In maximizing the marginal economic utility of the resources you have at play? Do you relish the pressure of being the person on the front-line ensuring that the customer gets what they need, when they need it, all while ensuring you do it for as low a cost as possible while managing multiple vendor communities? If so, you have a future in logistics.

Do what you love, and you'll be great at it. And the money will take care of itself if you truly are passionate and great.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 08:04:07 AM »
i've been in sales for over 10 years and have advanced from entry level to senior management thanks to my big mouth...

sales is good

simon

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 08:04:50 AM »
I am a manager in the logistics field and love it, the less I have to deal with the public or outside the wharehouse the better