Author Topic: Another Pride "Legend" exposed and humiliated....  (Read 17008 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Another Pride "Legend" exposed and humiliated....
« on: December 14, 2011, 03:13:46 PM »
For years we heard about just how much better the "Pride" heavyweights were and just how shitty the UFC guys were.  I often said that a guy like Mir would mop the floor with guys like Big Nog.  And, when Mir KOd Big Nog, in came in the myriad of excuses.  So, what does Mir do?  Not only does he beat Nog again, but he does it with a brutal arm breaking kimura.  Mir did to Nog, what not other Pride heavyweight ever did.  He KOd him and he broke his arm.

UFC > Pride

w

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Another Pride "Legend" exposed and humiliated....
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 06:29:14 PM »
For years we heard about just how much better the "Pride" heavyweights were and just how shitty the UFC guys were.  I often said that a guy like Mir would mop the floor with guys like Big Nog.  And, when Mir KOd Big Nog, in came in the myriad of excuses.  So, what does Mir do?  Not only does he beat Nog again, but he does it with a brutal arm breaking kimura.  Mir did to Nog, what not other Pride heavyweight ever did.  He KOd him and he broke his arm.

UFC > Pride

Mir is my favorite fighter, so I had to laugh at this.  I was happy as hell after Mir won, especially coming back after getting rocked to break Nog's arm.  Awesome fight!  I hope Mir has 1 more title run in him.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 09:14:09 PM »
 ::)

Noguerra has been over the hill for 5 years and Mir is a second tier HW.

Who gives a shit about this fight?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 10:32:11 PM »
::)

Noguerra has been over the hill for 5 years and Mir is a second tier HW.

Who gives a shit about this fight?

Exactly.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 03:35:40 AM »
Mir wouldnt get a title run in Strikeforce! If he went there he would be lucky to be ranked top 3 & if you think he's even top 5 in UFC then you are sadly mistaken my friend: Lesnar, JDS, Overeem, Velasquez & Carwin would or already have dismantled him. Mirs best days are gone, if he fought a 28 year old Big Nog then he would have been crushed, hell if Nog hadnt looked for a submission that wasnt there and kept smashing him up we would have been discussing if Frank Mir should carry on fighting.

The end to the fight was spectacular and shows that Frank still has great skills and something to offer, but he's just not on the elite level. Nog was exposed by being KO'd by Herring - except Herring didnt jump on him and finish him off and subsequently lost himself the fight. These guys have fought so many hard fights under brutal rules and trained the same way that eventually they wake up and just cant produce what they once did. The same will eventually happen to the cream of the current UFC roster as it does everyone else.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 06:19:01 AM »
Mir almost got knocked out you clown.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 11:54:57 AM »
Mir almost got knocked out you clown.

What's your point?  He recovered and did to Nog what no one else has ever been able to do.  He submitted him.

And for all of you who are using the "nog is old and past his prime", I say, big whoop!  He is only 3 years older than Mir, and Mir too is past his prime.  Unlike Nog, however, Mir has evolved his game and is better today than when he was holding the belt.

For his next fight, he is either going to get Cain or the winner of Alistar/Lesnar.  Anyone of those guys would be a seriously tough matchup for Mir, but he does have chance against any heavyweight.

If it were up to me, I would bring Werdum over from Strike Force and match him up against Mir.  That would be an awesome fight.
w

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 12:01:28 PM »
If Mir is matched up against the loser of Lesnar / Overeem he will be battered into a state unconsciousness, Cain will make short work of him also. Do you understand what it means to be past your prime? It has nothing to do with age and you dont decrease at a standard rate, the simplest answer is that Nog hammered Mir and made the wrong decisions when closing the fight.

Mir is so far away from holding the belt he should do a Koscheck and fight big names for the pay day, he looks good against mid carders and completely out of his depth against the elite.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 12:54:11 PM »
If Mir is matched up against the loser of Lesnar / Overeem he will be battered into a state unconsciousness, Cain will make short work of him also. Do you understand what it means to be past your prime? It has nothing to do with age and you dont decrease at a standard rate, the simplest answer is that Nog hammered Mir and made the wrong decisions when closing the fight.

Mir is so far away from holding the belt he should do a Koscheck and fight big names for the pay day, he looks good against mid carders and completely out of his depth against the elite.

LOL...so what you're saying is that Nog didn't really lose this fight.  He actually won the fight because the only reason he got his arm broken was because he made a tactical mistake...lol. 

Would I bet money on Mir if he were matched up against Alistar, Cain, Lesnar or JDS?  Hell no!  But, I do think that he has the tools to potentially beat every one of those guys.  I don't completely count him out the way you do.
w

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 01:34:13 PM »
Ofcourse i am, Nog had him beaten easily and its ridiculous for you to say otherwise. Lesnar has crushed him, Carwin has crushed him, he beats second tier fighters and you think he's incredible? Nelson is very durable but not a top tier fighter, Kongo is 2nd tier, Crocop is a shambles of a fighter and Big Nog had him crushed.

As i said he still is capable of showing his skills against some guys, others dont give him an icicle in hells chance of it.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 02:02:12 PM »
Ofcourse i am, Nog had him beaten easily and its ridiculous for you to say otherwise. Lesnar has crushed him, Carwin has crushed him, he beats second tier fighters and you think he's incredible? Nelson is very durable but not a top tier fighter, Kongo is 2nd tier, Crocop is a shambles of a fighter and Big Nog had him crushed.

As i said he still is capable of showing his skills against some guys, others dont give him an icicle in hells chance of it.

Do you have any idea how retarded you sound?  Who gives a shit if Nog had him rocked in the beginning of the fight.  Mir managed to regain his composure and out grapple the man who everyone considered the greatest BJJ heavyweight of all time.  Nog lost and this time he had no excuses about being sick or whatever BS he was saying after he got KOd the last fight.  

If you run a marathon and you're in the lead the whole time, but then in the very end someone passes you, guess what?  You lose. LOL! 
w

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 02:08:32 PM »
How does stating the obvious sound anything but sensible? You have to be the most ridiculous choice for a moderator on any subject, any board on the Net. Just about every review of the fight acknowledges that Mir was being soundly beaten until Nog transitioned to a very poor sub attempt, i am not debating with someone who lacks the fundamental knowledge that even SMM has. No wonder you are humiliated on a regular basis, why do you insist on coming back for more???

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 02:23:05 PM »
I don't agree with everything Mindspin says, but he is right when he says that Mir has a chance against anyone.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 02:24:15 PM »
How does stating the obvious sound anything but sensible? You have to be the most ridiculous choice for a moderator on any subject, any board on the Net. Just about every review of the fight acknowledges that Mir was being soundly beaten until Nog transitioned to a very poor sub attempt, i am not debating with someone who lacks the fundamental knowledge that even SMM has. No wonder you are humiliated on a regular basis, why do you insist on coming back for more???

You're retarded and don't even know it.  No shit Nog had Frank in trouble early in the fight.  No one disputes that.  But, you're saying that Frank didn't really win this fight because the submission happened as a result of Nogs mistake.  Using that line of thinking, no one can ever possibly win a BJJ match because if they lose, it's because they "made a mistake" ::)

Watch the fight again.  Frank out grappled Nog even though he was rocked.  He beat Nog, not because of a mistake that Nog made, but because he out grappled him.  Just admit it :)
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 02:26:28 PM »
I don't agree with everything Mindspin says, but he is right when he says that Mir has a chance against anyone.

Thank you.  Mir is one of my favorite fighters for a number of reasons, but mainly because he has almost always been an underdog and he has managed to win countless fights that he was supposed to get killed in.  The guy has overcome some serious life adversities and he is still holding his own. 
w

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 03:26:37 PM »
You're retarded and don't even know it.  No shit Nog had Frank in trouble early in the fight.  No one disputes that.  But, you're saying that Frank didn't really win this fight because the submission happened as a result of Nogs mistake.  Using that line of thinking, no one can ever possibly win a BJJ match because if they lose, it's because they "made a mistake" ::)

Watch the fight again.  Frank out grappled Nog even though he was rocked.  He beat Nog, not because of a mistake that Nog made, but because he out grappled him.  Just admit it :)

Ofcourse he outgrappled him, but had Nog continued to land bombs on him instead of trying to sub him then the fight was over. THAT is what i have repeatedly said and THAT is the most obvious thing about the fight. Do you really believe Frank would have managed to do anything other than flatten out if Nog continued to punch him unconscious?! Retarded?! When i make as much of a girl of myself as you do then ill consider what you say.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 05:27:05 PM »
Ofcourse he outgrappled him, but had Nog continued to land bombs on him instead of trying to sub him then the fight was over. THAT is what i have repeatedly said and THAT is the most obvious thing about the fight. Do you really believe Frank would have managed to do anything other than flatten out if Nog continued to punch him unconscious?! Retarded?! When i make as much of a #girl of myself as you do then ill consider what you say.

You can speculate all you want about what might have happened if Nog had chosen to keep striking, but after it's all said and done, it's just pure speculation.  You really have no idea what would have happened.  Mir has pulled miracle submissions out of nowhere before, while getting pounded.  Watch his Tim Silvia fight and 1st fight with Lesnar.  So while you speculate, Nog is still in the Hospital and Mir still has two winds over him.
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 07:31:01 AM »
I wouldn't go on to say Nog got exposed.  Both fighters have impressive stats.

However, I do think (and I've said this time and time again) that Mir is a top level HW.  (yes, I know how you feel about this GW).

The guy is a threat to any HW in the world.  From Dos Santos to Nog.  Mir is a great fighter.  He can submit, has a great chin, and has a huge heart.

Croatian

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 11:22:12 PM »
It would be great if UFC bring in "The Mean Machine" Marko Perak who last night defeated Bob Sapp, Perak is probably too nasty 4 American TV audience..

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 08:34:49 AM »
I wouldn't go on to say Nog got exposed.  Both fighters have impressive stats.

However, I do think (and I've said this time and time again) that Mir is a top level HW.  (yes, I know how you feel about this GW).

The guy is a threat to any HW in the world.  From Dos Santos to Nog.  Mir is a great fighter.  He can submit, has a great chin, and has a huge heart.

He is a threat to second and third rate fighters. He can beat scrubs, he can beat fat slobs and he can beat over the hill guys from Pride that should have retired five years ago. Other than that, he can't even beat his own dick. Carwin demolished him, Brock demolished him, Brandon Vera demolished him-- he's a fucking joke; Dana He has one impressive win on his resume that in retrospect is meaningless- ankle locking Brock Lesnar 1 minute into round 1-- then in the rematch Lesnar punched Mir's face into pancake batter. Outside of that, who else has he beaten? Check Kongo ::)

Three of his last seven fights are against Nog and Cro Cop.

Put him in the ring with JDS, Velasquez, Carwin, Brock, Overeem etc. and lets see how he does. 

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2011, 02:01:07 PM »
Mindless, why didn't you make a thread about UFC legend Tito Ortiz being destroyed by Pride wash up lil Nog??  ???

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 12:11:57 PM »
Mindless, why didn't you make a thread about UFC legend Tito Ortiz being destroyed by Pride wash up lil Nog??  ???

Because it doesn't serve my interests. 
w

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 12:21:12 PM »
Because it doesn't serve my interests. 

lol so another UFC `Legend`exposed and humiliated then..  ;D

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 12:23:41 PM »
mir is a very well rounded fighter

he can finish a fight from anywhere

anyone who says he is second rate knows nothing about mma
T

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 12:27:39 PM »
lol so another UFC `Legend`exposed and humiliated then..  ;D

:P
w