Author Topic: 1996 Arnold Classic -Kevin Levrone beats Flex Wheeler  (Read 23108 times)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Re: 1996 Arnold Classic
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2014, 09:51:04 PM »
Conditioning, symmetry, calves and a full head of hair.. Far cry from today...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2014, 10:37:31 PM »
Anybody remember seeing the enlarged Musclemag pic of Flex from the 1997 Arnold?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: 1996 Arnold Classic -Kevin Levrone beats Flex Wheeler
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2014, 11:22:36 PM »
Let's see some pics of Flex from 93' where he was shredded to the bone ~

Then maybe some nice shots of Mike Fracois, Claude Groulx, Porter Cotrell, Charles Clairmont, Hamdullah Aykutluh...

I haven't seen any pics of these guys in years and they had some rockin' physiques. Even though Charles Clairmont looked scarier than Frankenstein and Dillett combined, he had an amazing physique ~

I wonder what Vic Richards looks like today also... hmmmmmmmmmm

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2014, 11:46:42 PM »

Random....

sorry ~

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2014, 01:19:47 AM »
Anybody remember seeing the enlarged Musclemag pic of Flex from the 1997 Arnold?

Fuck this thread i want to see more pics of Cori Nadine

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2014, 01:24:28 AM »
Fuck this thread i want to see more pics of Cori Nadine

Yeah, me too...I used to have that mag...and that pic of Cori Nadine is why i willl always remember it

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2014, 01:51:03 AM »
Paul Dillet used to own huge guns. I wonder if they were bigger than Pacos guns.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2014, 02:12:15 AM »
Paul Dillet used to own huge guns. I wonder if they were bigger than Pacos guns.
yeah, chances are they were bigger than Paco's, you have to remember Paul competed from 265-285.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2014, 02:12:46 AM »

absolutely. dude had the largest muscular arms I've ever seen.. as in not filled with oil (not 'obviously' filled like kovacs that is).

paco's are good.. or great, but his arms are shorter.. dillet's arms are long and the muscle bellies were full from top to bottom.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2014, 04:35:25 AM »
Dillet's arms were ridiculous! definitely bigger than Paco's or anybody else's except maybe Ronnies off-season at his biggest!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2014, 06:05:04 AM »
Go to 5:50 for the answer
[/youtube]

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2014, 06:48:48 AM »
Dillet's arms were ridiculous! definitely bigger than Paco's or anybody else's except maybe Ronnies off-season at his biggest!

And no one ever really talked about this much, but his forearms were retarded huge, as were his calves. A very sick genetic combination of freakish bodyparts.

Like everyone said, if his back had kept up, he wouldn't have even had to show up on stage the day of the show. They'd just mail him the trophy every year.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2014, 06:57:59 AM »
And no one ever really talked about this much, but his forearms were retarded huge, as were his calves. A very sick genetic combination of freakish bodyparts.

Like everyone said, if his back had kept up, he wouldn't have even had to show up on stage the day of the show. They'd just mail him the trophy every year.
True, what could have been!

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2014, 02:00:24 PM »
that was the first bbing show I ever saw.

flex was making his comeback after his car accident and was a fan fav.

back then I thought flex got robbed, but now, looking back I can see how you could give levrone the nod.

flex was a lil watery and 'thin' in some areas compared to levrone.

it was right after that that levrone supposedly found 'igf1' and put on 10-15lbs of muscle.. most likely he just bumped his gh dosage and added insulin.

levrone the year after looked like complete shit at the Arnold classic.. I think that was the year??.. but was the biggest I'd ever seen him at the MrO, then cut way down and tightened up for the Grand Prix and had his best ever showings during that grand prix... after that he had back problems and quit training legs... and probably started drinking a lil more. lol.

Hmm ... what was the year Levrone turned up looking like total garbage at the ASC?

I think it actually was the 1997 rendition -- good call, ESF!  And yeah, he looked awful.  About 25 lbs. too heavy, like he hadn't even dieted for the thing.  I think he got 8th place that year, which was a gift.  But sure enough, he did tighten up for the Mr. O and looked really big and pretty good.  I'm thinking he was in third?  And he did win a few Grand Prix shows.  Nasser whipped him in a couple, and Ronnie won the Russian show.  Apart from maybe the '98 ASC, in which I think Ronnie competed (?????), Levrone never "won" against Coleslaw again :D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2014, 02:04:51 PM »
Hmm ... what was the year Levrone turned up looking like total garbage at the ASC?

I think it actually was the 1997 rendition -- good call, ESF!  And yeah, he looked awful.  About 25 lbs. too heavy, like he hadn't even dieted for the thing.  I think he got 8th place that year, which was a gift.  But sure enough, he did tighten up for the Mr. O and looked really big and pretty good.  I'm thinking he was in third?  And he did win a few Grand Prix shows.  Nasser whipped him in a couple, and Ronnie won the Russian show.  Apart from maybe the '98 ASC, in which I think Ronnie competed (?????), Levrone never "won" against Coleslaw again :D
Ronnie competed in 97 ASC as well. I think Levrone got 5 or 6th in 97 ASC, with Lee Priest ahead of him. In 99 he was flat and apparently wore his posing trunks backwards, according to Nasser.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2014, 02:05:48 PM »

96/98 KEV WAS AT HIS BIGGEST,,97 SHAVED HEAD HE WAS MASSIVE BUT LOST LINES/CONDITION

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2014, 02:34:45 PM »
Flex looking like synthol in arms and delts already here

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2014, 02:59:05 PM »

Yeah, Levrone looked pretty bad at the 1997 AC (Pic below). Also, Ronnie didn't compete at the 1998 AC. The last two AC Ronnie competed in was in 1997 and then 2001. The last show Levrone beat Ronnie was at the 1998 San Francisco Pro and in my opinion Ronnie should of won (pics below).

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2014, 03:47:38 PM »
Yeah, Levrone looked pretty bad at the 1997 AC (Pic below). Also, Ronnie didn't compete at the 1998 AC. The last two AC Ronnie competed in was in 1997 and then 2001. The last show Levrone beat Ronnie was at the 1998 San Francisco Pro and in my opinion Ronnie should of won (pics below).

Ronnie is owning the shit out of levrone

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2014, 03:54:21 PM »
classic LevrOWNINGS

E
E

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2014, 08:48:27 PM »
ironically before being mr. olympia ronnie was robbed in many shows taking lower places than what he deserved.. then after being mr. olympia he sometimes won without being the best onstage!!!.. 

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2014, 08:53:16 PM »
ironically before being mr. olympia ronnie was robbed in many shows taking lower places than what he deserved.. then after being mr. olympia he sometimes won without being the best onstage!!!.. 

its' that 'paying your dues' bullshit that ruins the sport.   cutler was at his best years before he won the olympia. 

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2014, 11:44:41 PM »
absolutely. dude had the largest muscular arms I've ever seen.. as in not filled with oil (not 'obviously' filled like kovacs that is).

paco's are good.. or great, but his arms are shorter.. dillet's arms are long and the muscle bellies were full from top to bottom.
Thats true that Pacos arms are shorter. Then Pauls arms are more than 24inchs.....jeez..

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2014, 12:05:26 AM »
its' that 'paying your dues' bullshit that ruins the sport.   cutler was at his best years before he won the olympia. 

Wolf too in 2007 and a couple of yrs ago when he placed second to branch at the AC

Now He won the AC and placed 3rd at the recent O arguably not at his best

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2014, 01:46:27 AM »
 8)