Author Topic: LOL A black attendee at a townhall meeting beaten by Unionist Thugs  (Read 6222 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: LOL A black attendee at a townhall meeting beaten by Unionist Thugs
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2009, 08:48:59 AM »

:-[   umm.... it's just a show?  :-\

{blush} Ooops. Sorry.  :-[
Why do the rightwingers on this board think that the guys who beat the shit out of the TeaBaggers (who started the riot) were union members?

I don't see it.

And the opponents of UHC are adept at making shit up...I think this is one more feather in their cap.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2009, 08:51:03 AM »
Why do the rightwingers on this board think that the guys who beat the shit out of the TeaBaggers (who started the riot) were union members?

I don't see it.

And the opponents of UHC are adept at making shit up...I think this is one more feather in their cap.

Maybe because they had SEIU shirts on? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2009, 08:51:46 AM »
The premise is that fights in the street are not predictable or go according to a color by numbers situation and that you have to be able to hit and strike and deal with any situation. 

I did BJJ for over a year and would not trust that in a bar fight or street scenario.       
never a reason to be looking away from your opponent while throwing multiple strikes.  I laughed pretty hard watching that in your video.  You mentioned this not being for 3 round fights.  Are you actually saying mma is not effective in a street fighting senerio?  REALLY?  I'll bet it's as effective and I'm betting way more effective than what I watched in that video of yours.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2009, 08:55:11 AM »
As long as they aren't too liberal...hahaha.  (or excessively conservative).  I think Palin got a raw deal...but also think she was a magnet for some of the less ridiculous criticizm, I'm not a big Palin fan but she was put through the ringer.  Will be interesting to see how the next female conservative is treated by the media.

If she's anything like Palin, ...she will get more of the same, ...except some of the jokes might even be funnier.
It's to be expected. Palin was simply a warm up... I don't think America has ever seen such a thing on a national stage. The next time around... they'll take off the kid gloves.  :P

The media didn't go after her because she was a conservative woman, ...they went after her cause she's Sarah Palin. Hilary Clinton didn't get the treatment Palin got. Elizabeth Dole didn't get the treatment Palin got,
...not even Geraldine Ferrarro who was up for VP over a generation ago when chauvanism was rampant.

Palin reached heights of hypocrisy & vapidity heretofore unmatched even by Dan Quayle or GWBush ...ok maybe GWB

Thats why I was excited about Michael Steele.  I don't agree with him on everything but he's a good guy and it mixes up the traditional republican party leadership.  That party needs to be more inclusive and more focused on true conservative economics (or we need a third party...but thats unlikely to happen). 

Michael Steele is no pied piper. Black people aren't going to vote republican simply because they have a highly visible Black man in the party. Alan Keyes has been a Republican for years. It didn't bring any Black votes. Colin Powell has been on record as a Republican for years. It didn't bring any Black votes. Same with Condileeza Rice. As we've seen, ...if you want the Black vote, ...you're going to have to go out there and earn it... just like Obama did during the primaries. Polls showed that most Blacks were behind Hilary. Obama earned their vote. I don't know that the Republican party appears ready, willing, or able to earn those votes.
w

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2009, 08:59:40 AM »
Maybe because they had SEIU shirts on? 
hahahaha.  Wrong.

There's guy in a SEIU shirt walking by the scene.

The video doesn't show who attacked whom.

A newspaper reporter was also arrested.

Maybe he's aligned with the union guys who didn't attack the rightwing nutjob.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2009, 09:06:41 AM »
never a reason to be looking away from your opponent while throwing multiple strikes.  I laughed pretty hard watching that in your video.  You mentioned this not being for 3 round fights.  Are you actually saying mma is not effective in a street fighting senerio?  REALLY?  I'll bet it's as effective and I'm betting way more effective than what I watched in that video of yours.

MMA is very effective for street fights, however are you going to train a 55 y/o man looking for basic self defense MMA???   What about a middle aged mother looking for basic self defense? most of the people who take basic self defense are working, parents, have jobs, etc, and cant go four five times a week to perfect an armbar and learn the intracies of transitions of side control to full mount etc.  

Additionally, I did BJJ and know the deal.  There are no mats in the street.  Even Renzo Gracie got injurted in the street against an unkonwn guy trying to take him down on the concrete.  Bjj take a long time to become even remotely effective in the street.  It should not, and does not, take a year to teach someone basic self defense.  

Most of the people we have in the class have to wear uniforms, guns, clothes, etc to work.  Are those guys going to do a single leg takedown on a guy???  No.  They will get their gun stolen and get killed.  One of my best friends is a cop and takes the class and deals with large gangbangers in yonkers and never has a problem.    

MMA of course is great, but for many people, its simply not practical.  Our class is about self defense, not scoring a triangle from the bottom.  For 99% of thje population, you are not fighting GSP in the street and dont need to know all sorts of crazy BJJ moves.  Muay Thai, Krav Maga are perfectly adequate for the needs of most people.        

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2009, 10:00:00 AM »
MMA is very effective for street fights, however are you going to train a 55 y/o man looking for basic self defense MMA???          
Oh, why didn't you say so... fighting for old folks. I get it now... lol...

PS.  all fighting has an added danger with a concrete mat!  Street fights often go to the ground, hard to prevent that when you get locked up with an opponent.  They even went to the ground in your video!  And there are plenty of moves in MMA that are very efficient against an opponent and can lock up the other fighter fast especially if they're not trained. I'm betting the bitchslap session will last longer. If your fighter is older, doesn't it make sense to teach him efficient moves where he best utilizes his leverage?  YES!  But in your video, you're having the older figher exhaust themselves, clearly.  If they've got the energy to girl fight for 60 seconds, then they've got the energy and ability to utilize more efficient moves.  I see nothing efficient in what they're doing. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2009, 10:16:39 AM »
Hugo just utilizes the ol' "One Punch" technique when he gets into street fights...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2009, 10:51:32 AM »
Hugo just utilizes the ol' "One Punch" technique when he gets into street fights...
Fucking A man, I once took out 8 opponents with one punch!!!  I hit the first guy so hard, his skull claymored the other 7 ;D

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2009, 10:56:52 AM »
Fucking A man, I once took out 8 opponents with one punch!!!  I hit the first guy so hard, his skull claymored the other 7 ;D
Nice!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2009, 10:57:17 AM »

Gotta love the irony... ;D

Hahaha, OWNED!

But wait, Jag claims to have a higher IQ than one Albert Einstein. Surely she wouldn't be stupid enough to do something like that?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2009, 11:41:09 AM »
Oh, why didn't you say so... fighting for old folks. I get it now... lol...

PS.  all fighting has an added danger with a concrete mat!  Street fights often go to the ground, hard to prevent that when you get locked up with an opponent.  They even went to the ground in your video!  And there are plenty of moves in MMA that are very efficient against an opponent and can lock up the other fighter fast especially if they're not trained. I'm betting the bitchslap session will last longer. If your fighter is older, doesn't it make sense to teach him efficient moves where he best utilizes his leverage?  YES!  But in your video, you're having the older figher exhaust themselves, clearly.  If they've got the energy to girl fight for 60 seconds, then they've got the energy and ability to utilize more efficient moves.  I see nothing efficient in what they're doing. 

Hugo, have you ever seen some King of the Cage or other amatuer MMA matches???  Some of those guys who have been training for a few years cant even get off a arm bar or other moves. 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2009, 09:46:14 AM »
333868637539753856835926 53896

I've told you several times since you are close to or in NYC to go check out David James and his self defense VAJ system.  Have you done it yet?  You can continue to train in that worthless self defense system or you can go check out someone who actually knows what he's talking about.  He's in Brooklyn, atleast check him out and talk to him or watch a class.  It will forever change your view on street self defense.  I'm sure he has an opinion on the patty cake stuff you are training under now. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2009, 10:02:57 AM »
Ha ha.  Thanks.  The Special Forces guys, cops, correction officers, marines, narcs, etc who all trained in other schools dont think its worthless. 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2009, 11:41:11 AM »
Ha ha.  Thanks.  The Special Forces guys, cops, correction officers, marines, narcs, etc who all trained in other schools dont think its worthless. 

::)  Check out a class and you'll see the difference.  I trained in Colorado Springs and we got tons of Spec Ops and Marines come to our school?  So what?  That's not what makes the system what it is.  Correction offciers?  LMAO!  Oh brother!  Yeah that proves a system is effective huh?  LOL. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2009, 11:49:22 AM »
::)  Check out a class and you'll see the difference.  I trained in Colorado Springs and we got tons of Spec Ops and Marines come to our school?  So what?  That's not what makes the system what it is.  Correction offciers?  LMAO!  Oh brother!  Yeah that proves a system is effective huh?  LOL. 

Brooklyn takes a long time for me due to the traffic, but I saw that link and think that guy probably has a really good school. 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2009, 01:43:07 PM »
Brooklyn takes a long time for me due to the traffic, but I saw that link and think that guy probably has a really good school. 

He teaches in Manhattan as well on Thursday nights I believe.  He has a few other schools in Jersey.