Author Topic: RAND corporation on China's military strength.  (Read 911 times)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
RAND corporation on China's military strength.
« on: March 17, 2009, 11:08:22 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: RAND corporation on China's military strength.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 11:18:02 AM »
http://www.rand.org/pubs/monographs/2007/RAND_MG524.pdf

War with China would be BAD! 

Of course it would, but it depends where it is fought.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 11:27:06 AM »
Of course it would, but it depends where it is fought.

Well if you read the article that was my point.  It talks about other things besides conventional warfare.  I.e. computer terrorism, jamming, technological wars etc.  Interesting read if you take the time.  Quite long though. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 11:28:16 AM »
Well if you read the article that was my point.  It talks about other things besides conventional warfare.  I.e. computer terrorism, jamming, technological wars etc.  Interesting read if you take the time.  Quite long though. 

When a country like ours is spending all its time on getting everyone on welfare and dependency programs, is there any douby why we are weak???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 11:31:06 AM »
When a country like ours is spending all its time on getting everyone on welfare and dependency programs, is there any douby why we are weak???

10% of Americans received food stamps before Obama took the oath.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 11:34:30 AM »
10% of Americans received food stamps before Obama took the oath.

Whatever the case may be, we are a weak people.  Fat, lazy, dependent, and looking to DC for a handout by the supreme court jester.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 11:38:38 AM »

We aren't weak militarily that's the point.  We spend so much damn money on propping up an empire while our country rots from the inside.  The government, as you say, is responsible for 3/4 of it. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 11:42:21 AM »
We aren't weak militarily that's the point.  We spend so much damn money on propping up an empire while our country rots from the inside.  The government, as you say, is responsible for 3/4 of it. 

That's my point.   Just look around at the average American and ask yourself if you would jump in a foxhole with that person.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 11:50:18 AM »
That's my point.   Just look around at the average American and ask yourself if you would jump in a foxhole with that person.

Yes but what the hell do you think makes people fat and lazy?  The hand that feeds them i.e. their "empire".  That's MY point LMAO!  Think about it.  Why worry about having to fight for your country when we spend $650 billion on the latest and greatest military gadgets.  "They" will protect us I'm going to stuff my face with Starbucks and watch Dancing with the Stars.  Who cares when we have a billion dollar F-22 to protect us.  My fat ass can sit behind a computer and remote control Predator drones.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 12:02:09 PM »
People are fat and lazy because they CAN be. There is no direct threat to worry about, the gubment will just take care of everything. People have no stake in their own well being.

I China landed on US soil, I don't care what you guys think, the American people would run like jack rabbits. There is no real national identity or cohesion, too many paracytes within, and the populance as a whole is extremely pussyfied.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 01:49:57 PM »
The fact is that China can't project power. They pose no threat of invasion to the US.  We'd face a naval war and an air war over Taiwan. The same Taiwan these guys have'nt tried to take for almost 60 years. The last time they fought they got their asses kicked. Experience counts. The report talks about alot of things. They are years behind us in most areas but they are good at cyberwarfare. This can level the playing field in a short war. Whoever is president will be forced to deal with the sudden attack and mass casulties that the article talks about, and then decide if its worth fighting for. Barry would run and hide. The article also talks about Japan and the threat they pose as an additional enemy to China during any conflict. We have apparently taken such reports to heart and are working much more closely with the Japanese militray who are expanding their military role in the area. China would be forced to attack our naval interests in Japan, in order to recapture Taiwan. This would force the hand of Japan. We've discussed this before and used that report.
L

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 01:53:16 PM »
Why the Chinese hard on for Taiwan this day and age anyways?  Geographical?  Political reasons?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 01:59:03 PM »
They're not...they're actually guarding Taiwanese ships against pirates and relations are pretty good. Its an "honor" thing with them, as long as they call themselves Chinese Taipei, we'll never find out about the things in that report. Alot is rethoric but u see less of it each year as business interests connect more. The average middle class chinese on the mainland has zero desire for war. They are stepping up foreign military sales to latin america and they did their crap last week. We were collecting on their sub pens and they got pissed. They have a right to be pissed and we have a right to collect on them especially 75 miles from their coast. Its not our fault that our stuff works well enough to be that far away....look at it as ur hard earned tax dollars at work.
L

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 09:04:28 AM »
The fact is that China can't project power. They pose no threat of invasion to the US.  We'd face a naval war and an air war over Taiwan. The same Taiwan these guys have'nt tried to take for almost 60 years. The last time they fought they got their asses kicked. Experience counts. The report talks about alot of things. They are years behind us in most areas but they are good at cyberwarfare. This can level the playing field in a short war. Whoever is president will be forced to deal with the sudden attack and mass casulties that the article talks about, and then decide if its worth fighting for. Barry would run and hide. The article also talks about Japan and the threat they pose as an additional enemy to China during any conflict. We have apparently taken such reports to heart and are working much more closely with the Japanese militray who are expanding their military role in the area. China would be forced to attack our naval interests in Japan, in order to recapture Taiwan. This would force the hand of Japan. We've discussed this before and used that report.

Does Japan even have a real military? I thought all they had was a civil defense core, much like a national guard on roids...

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 09:32:24 AM »
Does Japan even have a real military? I thought all they had was a civil defense core, much like a national guard on roids...

Only a ninja can stop a ninja.
G

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 09:44:30 AM »
Only a ninja can stop a ninja.

A samauri can't get the job done?