Author Topic: Keto diet  (Read 6311 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Keto diet
« on: February 14, 2024, 12:27:12 PM »
Anyone tried it? Did you legitimately stay in ketosis throughout? (ie confirmed by a testing kit). How long did you go for, and what results did you observe?

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
Re: Keto diet
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 01:00:28 PM »
Yes, incorporated keto many times in my life, currently doing carnivore, but stay in Ketosis. I've done keto prior where basically I ate
Meal 1: 6 whole eggs. Meal 2: chicken/avocado Meal 3: whey isolate/almond butter  Meal 4: Salmon/broccoli  Meal 5: 80/20 ground beef/zucchini made into noodles/low carb organic pasta sauce
Did this and got great results, went carnivore (steak, eggs, raw dairy) and feel even better, I test my ketones with a blood ketone meter.
Tips, electrolytes are absolutely essential, you want at least 7,000mg of sodium a day (not salt sodium), 4,000mg of potassium a day (if you eat plants avocado/spinach, not eating plants potassium chloride supplement), magnesium 500-600mg prior to bed (magnesium bisglycinate is what I recommend).
First week I'd take off lifting all together, just do cardio, help dump the glycogen stores and let your body adjust to ketosis, if you stay on top of your electrolytes you won't get the keto flu.
Prior to lifting make sure to get a good amount of sodium, even recommend 2-5 grams of creatine monohydrate.
KetoSens the meter I use, ideally your ketones should hover around. 0.5-1.5.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 01:03:22 PM »
Anyone tried it? Did you legitimately stay in ketosis throughout? (ie confirmed by a testing kit). How long did you go for, and what results did you observe?

This is what happens when posters who live in one solitary thread step out of it.
Y

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 01:19:15 PM »
This is what happens when posters who live in one solitary thread step out of it.

:D

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 01:20:38 PM »
Yes, incorporated keto many times in my life, currently doing carnivore, but stay in Ketosis. I've done keto prior where basically I ate
Meal 1: 6 whole eggs. Meal 2: chicken/avocado Meal 3: whey isolate/almond butter  Meal 4: Salmon/broccoli  Meal 5: 80/20 ground beef/zucchini made into noodles/low carb organic pasta sauce
Did this and got great results, went carnivore (steak, eggs, raw dairy) and feel even better, I test my ketones with a blood ketone meter.
Tips, electrolytes are absolutely essential, you want at least 7,000mg of sodium a day (not salt sodium), 4,000mg of potassium a day (if you eat plants avocado/spinach, not eating plants potassium chloride supplement), magnesium 500-600mg prior to bed (magnesium bisglycinate is what I recommend).
First week I'd take off lifting all together, just do cardio, help dump the glycogen stores and let your body adjust to ketosis, if you stay on top of your electrolytes you won't get the keto flu.
Prior to lifting make sure to get a good amount of sodium, even recommend 2-5 grams of creatine monohydrate.
KetoSens the meter I use, ideally your ketones should hover around. 0.5-1.5.

Good stuff - thank you. In terms of "great results" can articulate what those were? Eg weight loss, or muscle gain, better mood, improved bloodwork, more strength, or whatever?

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2024, 01:34:47 PM »
Good stuff - thank you. In terms of "great results" can articulate what those were? Eg weight loss, or muscle gain, better mood, improved bloodwork, more strength, or whatever?
Stable energy levels, improved focus, strength dips at first then slowly became stronger, blood work definitely improved  fasting glucose low 80s/triglycerides mid 40s, best diet for fat loss in my opinion I mean daily changes, you don't retain much water so you may look a bit smaller but definitely more detailed, more satiated not constantly hungry all day, improved sleep I would always have to try to catch a nap on a high carb diet with keto I just feel way more energetic, better skin quality. Most bodybuilders will say it sucks because they never really give it a true shot, they try it for a few weeks, their strength dips and quickly revert back to carbs, you gotta give it a legit shot if you're serious.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 01:48:08 PM »
Y

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2024, 01:49:25 PM »
Been doing keto and now carnivore for about 3 years.

Keep your fluid intake up because you will shed water/urinate often and you want to prevent constipation.

Eat lots of fat. 

Follow the Kid's advices.

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2024, 01:50:15 PM »
I liked it when I did it.
I probably won’t do it any time soon as being a true ectomorph (without anabolics) I can get too thin on it.

MajorDomo

• Getbig III
  • I'm here to chew bubblegum
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2024, 01:57:19 PM »

Nothing magic about it- you basically dump an entire food group- meaning carbs. You are bound to lose weight because there are only fats and proteins left. I don't know about you but there is only some much meat and lard I can stomach. And when you increase protein you actually burn a significant % of the protein calories just in the digestion process (~30%). You dum a ton of water in the first two weeks and that isn't that good for you.

I did it for one year. Went from 214 to 175, looked like a starving African and eventually quit it because it sucks. If you do any kind of high intensity sport, you will miss the carbs- and anybody who says you can go into anaerobic glycolysis and be just as good on keto is full of shit.

Keto people are like vegans- it's a fucking religion, lol.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2024, 02:23:23 PM »
Stable energy levels, improved focus, strength dips at first then slowly became stronger, blood work definitely improved  fasting glucose low 80s/triglycerides mid 40s, best diet for fat loss in my opinion I mean daily changes, you don't retain much water so you may look a bit smaller but definitely more detailed, more satiated not constantly hungry all day, improved sleep I would always have to try to catch a nap on a high carb diet with keto I just feel way more energetic, better skin quality. Most bodybuilders will say it sucks because they never really give it a true shot, they try it for a few weeks, their strength dips and quickly revert back to carbs, you gotta give it a legit shot if you're serious.
was doing carnivore prior to starting my prep in 22, felt great, was just eating eggs, greek yoghurt, milk, steak and lamb

Fisrt couple weeks was scared of farting, very loose shits then went away

Added carbs back in during prep, always felt shit after I ate them

Been getting a lot of bloat lately, back eating steak, eggs milk and yoghurt, had a fucking banana to day, nicked it out of the fridge at work, blew me up like a fucking balloon

As of tomorrow and meat only, going to find out whats causing the bloat by adding one more food source every 3 days

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2024, 02:28:28 PM »

Yes, I am on day 8 now. Felt shit the first 4 days (totally fasted) but now feel great (almost as you described above). However I am not really notice any weight loss expect when doing the fast. So is it possible to be in keto but not lose weight?

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2024, 02:33:14 PM »
Yes, I am on day 8 now. Felt shit the first 4 days (totally fasted) but now feel great (almost as you described above). However I am not really notice any weight loss expect when doing the fast. So is it possible to be in keto but not lose weight?

Are you tracking your calories? Are you watching total protein intake?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2024, 02:35:50 PM »

Do you want to lose weight?

Give it some time like a few months.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2024, 02:37:32 PM »
Would never EVER use it for athletes let alone anyone else

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2024, 02:38:21 PM »
You dont need to

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2024, 02:53:36 PM »
was doing carnivore prior to starting my prep in 22, felt great, was just eating eggs, greek yoghurt, milk, steak and lamb

Fisrt couple weeks was scared of farting, very loose shits then went away

Added carbs back in during prep, always felt shit after I ate them

Been getting a lot of bloat lately, back eating steak, eggs milk and yoghurt, had a fucking banana to day, nicked it out of the fridge at work, blew me up like a fucking balloon

As of tomorrow and meat only, going to find out whats causing the bloat by adding one more food source every 3 days
Loose stools usually just an indicator of possibly too much fat, or coming from a lower fat approach and then a sudden increase in fat. 90% of the population has leaky gut, gut damage could be from various things especially a coarse of antibiotics, but various other things like medications and certain foods, they way I got onto carnivore was to figure out bloating issues, and ultimately cured all of them. 3 day water fasts were absolutely amazing for healing me, if you've seen Dana White lately he's on a keto diet, just completed a 4 day fast and the guy looks like a new man.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2024, 03:07:14 PM »
Would never EVER use it for athletes let alone anyone else

Ketones have to be utilized to make ATP in the Mitochondria via the Krebs Cycle and Electron Transport Chain. So, they’re essentially a substitute for fats not carbohydrates which can synthesize ATP by being partially broken down outside of the Mitochondria.

It’s a much faster process with the downside being that it can’t be maintained for very long. That’s why the body uses anaerobic respiration for high intensity activities.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2024, 03:07:46 PM »
Loose stools usually just an indicator of possibly too much fat, or coming from a lower fat approach and then a sudden increase in fat. 90% of the population has leaky gut, gut damage could be from various things especially a coarse of antibiotics, but various other things like medications and certain foods, they way I got onto carnivore was to figure out bloating issues, and ultimately cured all of them. 3 day water fasts were absolutely amazing for healing me, if you've seen Dana White lately he's on a keto diet, just completed a 4 day fast and the guy looks like a new man.

yep, it only lasted a couple weeks and then went away after my body adjusted

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2024, 03:08:44 PM »

No to either. But eating a keto diet, and definitely constantly in ketosis.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2024, 03:11:30 PM »
The idea that you’re mentally sharper on ketosis makes no sense. If that were the case, why aren’t ketones the default fuel source for the brain with glucose being the back up as opposed to the other way around?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2024, 03:14:40 PM »
The idea that you’re mentally sharper on ketosis makes no sense. If that were the case, why aren’t ketones the default fuel source for the brain with glucose being the back up as opposed to the other way around?
Carbs make you sluggish.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2024, 03:18:35 PM »
Imagine our a ancestors were able to hunt willimamoth all without glucose fueling these hunts, they'd make a kill, eat for a few days then go days if not weeks without food, but still have the energy to hunt and forage for food. No science back then, telling them sugar is the bodies preferred fuel source, yet they survived somehow.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2024, 03:20:24 PM »
Carbs make you sluggish.

Too many, yeah.

Don’t get me wrong. Fat Fvcks eat way too many carbs. I’m saying going below 100grams a day for will adversely affect athletic performance as you won’t have a top gear.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2024, 03:23:20 PM »

Too many, yeah.

Don’t get me wrong. Fat Fvcks eat way too many carbs. I’m saying going below 100grams a day for will adversely affect athletic performance as you won’t have a top gear.
there are many athletes with a top gear on keto diets

Its like fasted cardio as opposed to breakfast first, it make zero difference to your athletic ability, try both.