Author Topic: Wonderful golfing weather lately.  (Read 16820 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Wonderful golfing weather lately.
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 09:35:49 PM »
Nice clubs. I toyed around with an 8.5 loft before. Sucked hard.

the club is offset to promote a draw, but i have a natural draw because my swing is very "in to out"... the lower loft to help because i have to hold the club with a bit weaker grip to allow the face to open up a bit more through impact... but the weaker grip tend to shoot the ball up with ahigher trajectory...8.5 brings this back down a bit with better spin too...    ive played aorund with tons of differnt loft, shafts, grips, face configurations... this one is the best...except for a taylor made r510 i had which was a 10.5 loft with super stiff graphite shaft..  that club was the shit... but my head shattered so i had to get a new one..

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 09:40:06 PM »
the club is offset to promote a draw, but i have a natural draw because my swing is very "in to out"... the lower loft to help because i have to hold the club with a bit weaker grip to allow the face to open up a bit more through impact... but the weaker grip tend to shoot the ball up with ahigher trajectory...8.5 brings this back down a bit with better spin too...    ive played aorund with tons of differnt loft, shafts, grips, face configurations... this one is the best...except for a taylor made r510 i had which was a 10.5 loft with super stiff graphite shaft..  that club was the shit... but my head shattered so i had to get a new one..

Good stuff.

Sucks about the shattered head. Reminds me of a funny story (for me at least). I had a great driver that my grandfather gave me a few years ago (can't remember the name for the life of me, though). Used it one time at the range without a problem. Hit a few buckets better than I ever had. Second time at the range I'm on my second swing and the club gets really light on the downswing. Look up and the head is flying off into the darkness (was like 10 pm). Never got it back.  :'(

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 09:40:54 PM »
Good stuff.

Sucks about the shattered head. Reminds me of a funny story (for me at least). I had a great driver that my grandfather gave me a few years ago (can't remember the name for the life of me, though). Used it one time at the range without a problem. Hit a few buckets better than I ever had. Second time at the range I'm on my second swing and the club gets really light on the downswing. Look up and the head is flying off into the darkness (was like 10 pm). Never got it back.  :'(

lol. my friend did the same thing to one of my spare drivers. i still have that head, walked out on the range to get it back.

before th big bertha irons i had a set of adams tight lies irons....  i switched because i wanted more forgiveness, but what i found out was that while the big bertha are very forgiving they are almost impossible to learn how to put good movement on the bal with. i can barely get a fade, draw, high fade, high draw, low fade low draw, hard high hook, etc etc....   with the tight lies it was very easy to put movement and spin on the ball... i could get a ball to spin back 15 feet on the green with my 7 iron....   now i cant get the ball to roll back 5 inches even with an 8 iron..

these irons were my favortie of all i ever used...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009, 09:43:55 PM »
Nice clubs. I toyed around with an 8.5 loft before. Sucked hard.

;D

Watch out. Dongdizzle is lifeguarding and eating six times a day!!!!! Mr. Olympia 2020! Resident Einstein as well. He has mastered Google quite well!
I'm in awe of his/her googlemasteryism. :o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 09:44:44 PM »
lol. my friend did the same thing to one of my spare drivers. i still have that head, walked out on the range to get it back.

before th big bertha irons i had a set of adams tight lies irons....  i switched because i wanted more forgiveness, but what i found out was that while the big bertha are very forgiving they are almost impossible to learn how to put good movement on the bal with. i can barely get a fade, draw, high fade, high draw, low fade low draw, hard high hook, etc etc....   with the tight lies it was very easy to put movement and spin on the ball... i could get a ball to spin back 15 feet on the green with my 7 iron....   now i cant get the ball to roll back 5 inches even with an 8 iron..

these irons were my favortie of all i ever used...

The range told me they'd pick it up that night when they rounded up the balls. Never called.

I've heard good things about the Big Bertha irons, though. Haven't tried them myself but my friend uses them. Seems to like them. I do find it amazing how much a person's game can change depending on the equipment they're using. One of the few sports where that's possible.

I'm in awe of his/her googlemasteryism. :o

Yes, much like his ability to suck a golf ball through a garden hose, his Google-fu is strong.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 09:51:01 PM »

Yes, much like his ability to suck a golf ball through a garden hose, his Google-fu is strong.
He's been working hard on his ground game, studying with the best Brazilian google jitsu experts in an effort to take the backs of more unsuspecting grapplers.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 09:56:43 PM »
He's been working hard on his ground game, studying with the best Brazilian google jitsu experts in an effort to take the backs of more unsuspecting grapplers.

He's still doing that? I thought he was perma banned from most BJJ schools in CA after continually popping stiffies while grappling?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2009, 10:08:05 PM »
He's still doing that? I thought he was perma banned from most BJJ schools in CA after continually popping stiffies while grappling?
He's gone underground, he's hardcore.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 06:13:59 AM »
So I finally played Saturday.
first par 5 I hit a nice drive then a 4-iron to about 10 yards short of the green.I end up with a 7.
next par 5 driver,hybrid,about 10 yards short of the green.I end up with a 7.
last par 5 driver,hybrid{long par 5},inside 100 yards.you guessed it a 7 >:( >:( >:(

...the wedge toss was spectacular :-\

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 08:16:48 PM »
CAL WHAT TYPE OF SHOTS ARE YOU PLAYING 10 YRDS IN? YOU HITTIN WEDGES OR BUMP AND RUNS?
i

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 08:29:59 PM »
So I finally played Saturday.
first par 5 I hit a nice drive then a 4-iron to about 10 yards short of the green.I end up with a 7.
next par 5 driver,hybrid,about 10 yards short of the green.I end up with a 7.
last par 5 driver,hybrid{long par 5},inside 100 yards.you guessed it a 7 >:( >:( >:(

...the wedge toss was spectacular :-\

Love them hybrid clubs. They save my ass all the time.
P

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2009, 08:38:45 PM »
more like penetrate your ass
w

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2009, 08:43:53 PM »
more like penetrate your ass

NaturalWanker83 = A shut in on a wheel chair...... Almost as sad as nick "shut in" hersh..........
P

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2009, 08:56:42 PM »
NaturalWanker83 = A shut in on a wheel chair...... Almost as sad as nick "shut in" hersh..........
nzmusclemonster=a shut in lunatic w/ multiple gimmicks who is a cum sponge to his uncle...sad
w

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2009, 05:32:55 AM »
CAL WHAT TYPE OF SHOTS ARE YOU PLAYING 10 YRDS IN? YOU HITTIN WEDGES OR BUMP AND RUNS?

Shoulda done the bump and run :(

I didn't know you played 8)

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2009, 09:22:57 PM »

Shoulda done the bump and run :(

I didn't know you played 8)
yea always its hard o guess how much check a lob wedge will do its always better to run i down by he hole and you should always se your sandwedge around the greens  ;D
i

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2009, 06:18:04 AM »
yea always its hard o guess how much check a lob wedge will do its always better to run i down by he hole and you should always se your sandwedge around the greens  ;D

Thursday is a scramble,time to wail away and drink it up :D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 03:33:42 PM »
bump and run vs lob.... depends on where the flag is on the green, wht your lie is like, what you got in fron of the green, the slope of the green between you and the pin....etc.  bump and run is safer choice but not always feasible, lets say if youve got a downhill green with a front pin location or a sand trap right in your way...   flop shots arent that tough as long as you commit and follow through... aim to the left but open your face to the right BOOM

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2009, 04:50:57 PM »
bump and run vs lob.... depends on where the flag is on the green, wht your lie is like, what you got in fron of the green, the slope of the green between you and the pin....etc.  bump and run is safer choice but not always feasible, lets say if youve got a downhill green with a front pin location or a sand trap right in your way...   flop shots arent that tough as long as you commit and follow through... aim to the left but open your face to the right BOOM
yea thats how i would play it too but i have a much better short game when i just kinda pitch the ball and let it trickle to the flag as opposed to hitting every shot close and expecting it to check up,i was always ending up short (too much spin), so most of my shots from 90-60yrds and in i just feather a sand wedge and if its a tightly tucked pin ill use a lob wedge depending on the greens, but yes your right on the shots you said, but in all in all  im just saying to keep it simple and not get too fancy.your scores will show  ;)
i

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2009, 06:11:58 AM »
From 10yds in I prefer the old skull it thin so that it skanks across the green.  That way, I get to hit the same shot from the other side of the green...  8)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2009, 06:40:12 PM »
Hit the range yesterday on the way home from class for the first time in a LONG time. Lot of work to be done. A lot.  :'(

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2009, 11:52:13 PM »
yea thats how i would play it too but i have a much better short game when i just kinda pitch the ball and let it trickle to the flag as opposed to hitting every shot close and expecting it to check up,i was always ending up short (too much spin), so most of my shots from 90-60yrds and in i just feather a sand wedge and if its a tightly tucked pin ill use a lob wedge depending on the greens, but yes your right on the shots you said, but in all in all  im just saying to keep it simple and not get too fancy.your scores will show  ;)
great advice.

cant imagine how much better my scores would be if i always played it safe, always lay'd up, always bump and run, always made a safe put that guranateed a 2-put..... but alas the fun of the game is in taking risks and goingfor par 5 in 2 and trying to drive par 4's and doing hard slicing punch-out shots trying to roll it up on the green...etc...   sucks because they are low probability shots and make your score drop down... but as long as it isnt tourney play then its all good...just take a mulligan!!!  :D

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2009, 02:38:19 AM »
hahahahahahaha i know i can reach a par 5 in two 268 and out is reachable but it suks when you hit a shitty shot but is great when its good if theres no water to carry fuk it go for it  ;D at the indian wells golf resort i got on a par 5 600 yrd in two  ;D a 330 yrd drive and 255 carry over water  ;D 15yrds to pin and made bierdy  ;D
i

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2009, 06:34:00 AM »
hahahahahahaha i know i can reach a par 5 in two 268 and out is reachable but it suks when you hit a shitty shot but is great when its good if theres no water to carry fuk it go for it  ;D at the indian wells golf resort i got on a par 5 600 yrd in two  ;D a 330 yrd drive and 255 carry over water  ;D 15yrds to pin and made bierdy  ;D

We were 7 under.9 under won.fun day considering it rained on and off.I might of made the longest putt of my life ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2009, 06:41:46 AM »

We were 7 under.9 under won.fun day considering it rained on and off.I might of made the longest putt of my life ;D

Was there a windmill involved?