Author Topic: When bodybuilding goes from this to this it's time to stop following this shit  (Read 8463 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Most people would prefer the look of the past because then not training legs would be ok.....since most don't do it anyway.  And spare me the Platz pics......he was one guy.....everybody else had bird legs compared to today.

TK652

• Getbig II
Proof that body building has become a 'joke,' literally:

Fast forward to 7:30.  I laughed so hard when Scrappy's stomach popped out.  It was clearly a comment by who ever did the research that they'd come across the gut discussions.

I've never been a Jay Cutler fan.  In fact I was expecting him to redefine epic fail.  In the end I couldn't believe who was considered competition.  He was not the fridge of the past with the hugely distended stomach.  He is just huge.  I thought it was a move in right direction for the judges.  Branch on the other hand...

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: When bodybuilding goes from this to this it's time to stop following this sh
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2009, 02:54:45 PM »
Proof that body building has become a 'joke,' literally:

Fast forward to 7:30.  I laughed so hard when Scrappy's stomach popped out.  It was clearly a comment by who ever did the research that they'd come across the gut discussions.

I've never been a Jay Cutler fan.  In fact I was expecting him to redefine epic fail.  In the end I couldn't believe who was considered competition.  He was not the fridge of the past with the hugely distended stomach.  He is just huge.  I thought it was a move in right direction for the judges.  Branch on the other hand...

HA HA HA so true! I remember seeing that scene in the theatre (don't ask) and thinking 'roid guts have gone mainstream'! ha ha ha  ;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
frank Zane if he were to compete today

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
Is this shopped? Were Arnie's legs really that weak in 1980? They are terrible.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
frank Zane if he were to compete today

You are a very angry man lately Sev you need some more drunk Romanian bitches to fuck

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Most people would prefer the look of the past because then not training legs would be ok.....since most don't do it anyway.  And spare me the Platz pics......he was one guy.....everybody else had bird legs compared to today.

Well I guess you are some armless guy who is build to squat. Do some curls chump.  :P

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Most people would prefer the look of the past because then not training legs would be ok.....since most don't do it anyway.  And spare me the Platz pics......he was one guy.....everybody else had bird legs compared to today.

Are you saying that if Frank Zane stepped onstage today, the judges would say, "Swimmers, on your mark..." instead of "front lat spread", "side triceps" etc?

Seriously though, I agree to a certain extent and Jay's physique isn't the prettiest onstage, but it has so much muscle put together in not too shabby a way. Jay's look isn't an abomination like some of the ones we've seen (Greg Kovacs).

And Sevastase, different people have different ideas of what the ideal physique is and what it isn't. You obviously like the more slender, Apollonian physiques while there are plenty of other who like Herculean physiques, like Dorian Yates' (myself included). No one is right or wrong.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Lee Haney best O ever

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Well I guess you are some armless guy who is build to squat. Do some curls chump.  :P

Actually my arms are much better than my legs.... ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
the sport reached its pinnacle to date with ronnie 99.

everyone before or since has not been as good. 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
the sport reached its pinnacle to date with ronnie 99.

everyone before or since has not been as good. 8)
Chris Cormier had an awesome build. Very underrated