Author Topic: Scott Brown Disses Sarah Palin  (Read 2095 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Scott Brown Disses Sarah Palin
« on: April 12, 2010, 02:16:06 PM »
Scott Brown To Skip Tea Party Rally In Boston With Sarah Palin

Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.), who snatched the late Ted Kennedy's Senate seat with an improbable special election victory in January, has turned down an invitation to attend a Sarah Palin-headlined tea party rally this week, the Boston Herald reports.

Some suspect that Brown may be seeking to distance himself from the enthusiastic -- and at times unrestrained -- Tea Party members who helped secure his Senate win.

"He wants to mainstream himself before the election," Larry Sabato, a University of Virginia political scientist, told the Herald.

Brown's office, however, said that the Senator was busy in Washington and could not leave to attend the rally that is scheduled to take place on Boston Common on Wednesday.

Brown's relationship with the tea party has appeared tentative in the past. During his election campaign, the future senator managed to embrace and neglect the passionate grassroots movement almost simultaneously, claiming ignorance about the movement only days after holding a "Friends of the Tea Party" breakfast.

Scott Brown's connection with Sarah Palin has been similarly tenuous. A few weeks after his election, Brown claimed that he'd "never met [Palin], she's never contacted us and vice versa," a statement that seemed to be contradicted by earlier reports from Palin spokespeople that she'd spoken with Brown on the night of the election to congratulate him on his victory. Apparently, Scott Brown had forgotten about the call altogether.
!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Scott Brown Disses Sarah Palin
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 02:43:41 PM »
Brown camp: No snub intended
By: Andy Barr
April 12, 2010 03:26 PM EDT

www.politico.com
________________________ _____________

Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) was never planning to attend a tea party rally featuring Sarah Palin this week in Boston, his staff told POLITICO, and did not intend his absence to come off as a snub.

Brown spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told POLITICO that coming off of a two week legislative recess, Brown had always planned to be in Washington this week.

Brown drew notice Monday after the Boston Herald reported that Brown was skipping the rally.

In a story headlined “Scott Brown snubs Sarah Palin, bags Tea Party rally,” Herald reporter Edward Mason wrote that “Brown’s decision to skip the first big rally in Boston by the group whose members are credited with helping him win election has some experts saying he’s tossed the Tea Party overboard, as he prepares for re-election in 2012.”

The story was fodder for bloggers eager to highlight any GOP slight directed at Palin or a rift between a GOP lawmaker and the tea party movement.

But Gitcho said that decision does not represent any sort of political shift away from the some of the grassroots activists partially credited for his improbable special election win in January.

“Senator Brown will be in Washington this week, as the Senate is back in session after a two-week recess, to take up matters of importance to all Massachusetts constituents,” said Gitcho. “While he is unable to attend Wednesday’s event, the Senator appreciates the strong grassroots support he received from a wide range of individuals, including those who are part of the Tea Party movement. He hopes they have a successful event.”

Gitcho noted that Brown will be attending the Massachusetts Republican Party’s state convention on Saturday – Brown is currently featured on the state party’s home page advertising the event – which will be attended by tea party activists along with Republican Party players.

A spokesman for Palin did not respond to requests for comment.

Speaking Monday afternoon with Boston-area talk radio host Howie Carr, Brown said that he is “not avoiding anybody.

“I’m doing my job…They elected me to do a job,” Brown said, pointing out that he missed some of his daughter’s basketball games for votes. “This is what I do.”

© 2010 Capitol News Company, LLC

________________________ ________________________ _______

Typical hack job by Benny.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 02:54:03 PM »
Doh!  lol.   :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 04:12:20 PM »
Brown's a moderate, right?

I mean, a tea party candidate ain't winning in mass.  He jumped ship already on the obama jobs bill.  He knows the future of the GOP is the tea party - but the future of any politicial in mass is to be a moderate.

He won in 2010 because of the shitload of money from the other49 states to defeat obamacare.  Turns out his 41st vote didn't mean shit, he pissed off repubs right away siding with obama on jobs bill, and then he resorted to use Rachel maddow as a ficticious candidate in order to get the $ he needs to defeat a real dem candidate in 2012.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 04:42:47 PM »
333...bringing down the hammer on another clown.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 04:57:07 PM »
Even if Brown did snub palin (which I dont think he did, but I dont think he benefits at all from a tea party endorsement in his own state),

He would (by political etiquette standards) HAVE to put out such a statement. 

Actions speak louder than politically motivated statements written by your political team.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 09:13:49 PM »
333...bringing down the hammer on another clown.
I must of missed the line in your boyfriend's article where Brown explains his denial of ever talking to Palin.  ::)
Pea Brain and "Skippy," perfect together!

Palin calls to congratulate Brown
By: Alexander Burns
January 19, 2010 10:32 PM EDT

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin placed a phone call to Sen.-elect Scott Brown on Tuesday night to congratulate the Republican on his upset victory in Massachusetts's special Senate election.

"Gov. Palin spoke with a very happy Sen.-elect Brown this evening and congratulated him on his most historic victory for not only Massachusetts but the nation," Palin spokeswoman Meg Stapleton told POLITICO.

In an appearance on Fox News after The Associated Press called the election for Brown, Palin hailed the Republican's win as "a step for taking our country back."

"This is a referendum on all those things that President Obama has been standing for," the 2008 vice presidential candidate told Fox's Greta Van Susteren. "It was many different factors all coming together — and thank God for that, I think a lot of the people will say, because this is a step for taking our country back."

Asked by Van Susteren to explain why she did not formally endorse Brown before the election, Palin praised Brown's campaign for relying on "shoe leather" campaigning instead of national surrogates.

"I would have" endorsed him, she said, "if he had requested it."

In a posting on her Facebook page, Palin added: "Americans cheered for Scott Brown’s underdog campaign because they viewed his candidacy as a vote against the Democrats' health care bill. You know that there's something wrong with this legislation when opposition to it inspired a Republican victory in a state that currently has no Republicans in Congress and last sent a Republican to the Senate nearly 40 years ago."
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 02:36:14 AM »
one of em is lying.  no doubt about it.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 06:20:00 AM »
First Palin got pimp slapped back in line by Obama last week and now Brown is exposing some kind of phoney bullshit about her claims.

What next?  Stay tuned, I am sure we will find out.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 06:25:36 AM »
First Palin got pimp slapped back in line by Obama last week and now Brown is exposing some kind of phoney bullshit about her claims.

What next?  Stay tuned, I am sure we will find out.

And Palin responded to that so-called pimp slap, by cracking him with a set of brass knucks. As for Brown, it's a simple schedule conflict.

Once again, watching Palin tie the left in knots makes for good comedy.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 07:11:03 AM »
 ::)

For the addled brained I am sure it appears that way.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 07:15:37 AM »
Once again, watching Palin tie the left in knots makes for good comedy.
HAHAHA

Another gem from McMoron!  ;D
!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 07:16:48 AM »
::)

For the addled brained I am sure it appears that way.

Palin didn't get slapped back in line, at all (the point you can't quite grasp). In fact, she fired back, reminding everyone of just how effective his butt-kissing...ahem..."diplomacy" has been towards stopping North Korea.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 07:16:54 AM »
You got freaking owned in your own stupid thread and have the balls to call out McWay?  

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 07:19:30 AM »
You got freaking owned in your own stupid thread and have the balls to call out McWay?  

Is that what you called Benny's silly little quip? Hmmm, between Palin skewering Obama about how brilliantly his policies are working and the President's plunging poll numbers, Benny's getting "owned", as you put it, is hardly a surprise.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 07:37:09 AM »
Palin didn't get slapped back in line, at all (the point you can't quite grasp). In fact, she fired back, reminding everyone of just how effective his butt-kissing...ahem..."diplomacy" has been towards stopping North Korea.

What does she know about North Korea?  Tell me again?

Isn't there 2 Koreas?   ::)

She got pimped slapped back in line by the black man in charge of this country and there isn't a damn thing she - or anyone else - can do about it.  Except make excuses.  So if that soothes your insecurities feel free to do so.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 07:37:35 AM »
Which thread is that, Pea Brain?

Hmmm, between Palin skewering Obama about how brilliantly his policies are working
I take it that you'll be voting for the brilliant Palin too? She's got a way with words, no question about it.
!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 07:44:34 AM »
Which thread is that, Pea Brain?
I take it that you'll be voting for the brilliant Palin too? She's got a way with words, no question about it.

And the brilliance of Barack Obama has resulted in what (other than double-digit unemployment, debt out the wazoo, and America's enemies, thinking he's a spineless punk)?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 07:46:40 AM »
What does she know about North Korea?  Tell me again?

Isn't there 2 Koreas?   ::)

She got pimped slapped back in line by the black man in charge of this country and there isn't a damn thing she - or anyone else - can do about it.  Except make excuses.  So if that soothes your insecurities feel free to do so.

Oh, there's plenty she and others can do about it.

One, beat the crap of out the Dems in November, taking Obama's muscle from him and make him a lame duck.

Two, throw him out of office in 2012.

This has nothing to do with race (which the pitiful tripe lefties love to cry, when Obama gets criticized on the fact that policies suck)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 07:46:54 AM »
What does she know about North Korea?  Tell me again?

Isn't there 2 Koreas?   ::)

She got pimped slapped back in line by the black man in charge of this country and there isn't a damn thing she - or anyone else - can do about it.  Except make excuses.  So if that soothes your insecurities feel free to do so.

I dont know what she knows about North Korea.However,knowing about stuff doesnt stop Obama.He obviously thinks he knows how to run an auto indistry as he took over GM and they lost another 4 billion last quarter.So apprently not knowing about stuff is not very important to Obama either.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 07:48:40 AM »
I dont know what she knows about North Korea.However,knowing about stuff doesnt stop Obama.He obviously thinks he knows how to run an auto indistry as he took over GM and they lost another 4 billion last quarter.So apprently not knowing about stuff is not very important to Obama either.

Or how to greet other leaders in public.   ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 07:52:17 AM »
Sarah is getting the last laugh.  
________________________ ________________________ ________
Sarah Palin Has Earned an Estimated $12 Million Since July
ABC News ^ | April 13, 2010 | Matthew Mosk

Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 10:45:31 AM by Zakeet

Pundits can debate the political costs and benefits of Sarah Palin's decision to step down as Alaska governor, but the monetary advantages of leaving her $125,000-a-year public service post are beyond dispute.

Since leaving office at the end of July 2009, the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee has brought in at least 100 times her old salary – a haul now estimated at more than $12 million -- through television and book deals and a heavy schedule of speaking appearances worth five and six figures.

That conservative estimate is based on publicly available records and news accounts. The actual number is probably much higher, but is hard to quantify because Palin does not publicize her earnings. She reputedly got a $7 million deal for her first book, with the bulk of that money due after her resignation as governor, and $250,000 per episode, according to the entertainment trade press, for each of eight episodes of a reality show about Alaska for the The Learning Channel. She has managed to keep a lid on reliable figures for her earnings from a multi-year contract with Fox News and a second book deal with HarperCollins.

A Palin aide responding to questions from ABC News said the governor "is now a private citizen. As a result, her fees and earnings are private."

(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 07:54:50 AM »
Sarah is getting the last laugh.  
________________________ ________________________ ________

Good for her. What exactly is Sarah's financial status doing for you, Pea?
!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2010, 07:55:30 AM »

He knew his stimulus would keep unemployment under 8 percent too.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 07:57:04 AM »
Good for her. What exactly is Sarah's financial status doing for you, Pea?

Almost exactly what Obama's policies are doing for him.....NOTHING.

But, at least, Palin's fortunes aren't costing him anything.