Author Topic: My New Gym - Brickyard Gym  (Read 50266 times)

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
Re: My New Gym...
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2013, 07:35:59 AM »

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2013, 08:03:56 AM »
Sounds like your getting there old buddy. Notice that a lot of the Get bigger s want Old School heavy Free Weights, EZ Curl Bars, Benches and lots of Power Racks. Old School will Always be Tops.
Have a Great Opening
Lots Of Luck My Friend

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2013, 12:52:30 PM »
You should hire wiggs to work the front desk.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2013, 02:42:31 PM »
I would love to see some Getbiggers stop by and try the Zuver Big One Finger Lift.
If They Dare.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2013, 02:53:48 PM »
I would love to see some Getbiggers stop by and try the Zuver Big One Finger Lift.
If They Dare.

Is that like cock push ups?

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2013, 03:23:03 PM »
Is that like cock push ups?

You Wish!
Your not that much of a Getbigger.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2013, 08:34:51 PM »
I like the neon sign a lot.  Classic.  If I were to make one suggestion it would be to install some feature brick.  Would look awesome over the rack backing the neon.  Could be a fucker to keep clean though if you get roofspace dirt comg down or in chalky areas so maybe just up high or strategically placed.  

I really like the look of feature brick paving too, with old, distressed brick.  I don't mean some faggoty uniform herringbone lay, I mean like an actual design that suits the shape of the room.  Could be really nice for the entry/desk area.  Again, you'd need to consider cleanability, I guess.

You could be a reall asshole too and supply tinted chalk and call it Brick Dust.  ;D  Just make sure it washes out.

Btw, I think that bricks, although strong in compression are fairly weak, um, tensile-wise.  That's why bricklayers can just bust them with a whack of the edge of a laying trowel.  If you cut one thin enough with a brick saw you could just snap it by hand.  So you could have cut pieces and hold a monthly contest to see who can snap the thickest piece of brick and then give 'em a Champion Brickbreaker spot on the wall for the month.

Wish I owned a gym to do this stuff in.  :(
Thanks !  Yeah.  I have three huge pallets of distressed brick i got for the gym and was planning on doing accent walls until the estimates came in at over 4 k.  it was the only thing i didn't feel confident doing myself. SO now I have all this awesome distressed brick but I hope someday to expand n ill do it then. 

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2013, 08:48:41 PM »
Great opening day!

Many old friends came.  People r going crazy over the 1 finger deadlift!  Even the girls!

One of my friends from the old days when we were young and stupid.

World champ power lifter Tony Pharr is quite the legend in these parts and he loves the gym.

There were some technical difficulties as my vintage York plates did not slide on the the 1 finger so Bob has forgiven me temporarily and I will get my vintage standards and Ivanko plates for the 1 finger.  Anyway lots of fun and new members so all in all a good day.  

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2013, 08:51:58 PM »
Big T at the Brickyard

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2013, 08:56:50 PM »
Place looks great, if I lived nearby i'd give it a try. For me a gym is all about the atmosphere - you can have the best equipments in the world, and hardcore mantra posted everywhere, but the vibe can be horrible.
welcome anytime.  Vibe is gonna be great here.  I know wut u mean about like a poser gym.  this isnt that

framed shirts btw r powerhouse detroit, fords gym wisconsin, quads gym chicago, manion's gym pittsburgh, iron sport near philly, venice golds

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »

Looks awesome man!!!!!

Congrats!!

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2013, 09:14:33 PM »
great gym!!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2013, 04:02:35 AM »
Thanks !  Yeah.  I have three huge pallets of distressed brick i got for the gym and was planning on doing accent walls until the estimates came in at over 4 k.  it was the only thing i didn't feel confident doing myself. SO now I have all this awesome distressed brick but I hope someday to expand n ill do it then. 

You could contact 3M, Sika[flex], or any construction adhesive manufacturer, and they should be able to advise you on a suitable product.  Some of that stuff will stick anything to anything.

Looks like a sweet opening day!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2013, 04:06:29 AM »
Good update Slik, place looks great and i'm sure it will be packed soon once the word get's out.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2013, 04:50:21 AM »
Thanks everyone!  Someone tell me how shitty the gym is cuz this doesn't feel like getbig.  Anyway thought u guys might like to see the bumper/window stickers and logo I drew.  this is also our big sign out by the road.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2013, 05:08:56 AM »
Thanks everyone!  Someone tell me how shitty the gym is cuz this doesn't fell like getbig.  Anyway thought u guys might like to see the bumper/window stickers and logo I drew.  this is also our big sign out by the road.

Looks like shit hth.

;D

No, I like the logo.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2013, 08:08:47 AM »
Slik, how many sqft of floor space do have to work with?

Bump

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2013, 08:37:51 AM »
Bump
sorry missed that. 7k. It's not huge by any means. I hope to expand n build my dream gym but we'll see how it goes.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2013, 09:59:47 AM »
Looks like a good gym.....not many gyms allow chalk......

good. they shouldn't. shit gets all over my clothes when some dildo who thinks he needs chalk to lift weights ends up putting the shit on every surface of the gym so he can look 'hardcore'.

and while I'm at it, how is it/ why is it most average 'powelifters' are fatter dumpier and weaker than the serious bbers?

and no it's not drugs. power lifters use as much. tells me there's something really wrong with their approach. and it starts in the kitchen.

b

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2013, 10:10:27 AM »
good. they shouldn't. shit gets all over my clothes when some dildo who thinks he needs chalk to lift weights ends up putting the shit on every surface of the gym so he can look 'hardcore'.

and while I'm at it, how is it/ why is it most average 'powelifters' are fatter dumpier and weaker than the serious bbers?

and no it's not drugs. power lifters use as much. tells me there's something really wrong with their approach. and it starts in the kitchen.

Stop Crying.
Real lifters use chalk. Allways have, Always Will.  Sissies Cry about There Panties getting Dirty.  If your worried about a little chalk getting on yours than go Join A Fitness Center like Planet Fitness. It might be closer to your Speed.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2013, 10:17:51 AM »
Good luck 8)

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2013, 10:20:30 AM »
EVERY GYM SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST ONE OF THESE.
That's Just A Fact if you know how to train Hard.
Ask Arnold, Franco, Any one that is anyone how they got started.
Even The NON pro.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2013, 10:22:21 AM »

REAL GYMS ALLOW CHALK.
BULL SHIT FITNESS CENTERS DON'T.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2013, 10:27:11 AM »
REAL GYMS ALLOW CHALK.
BULL SHIT FITNESS CENTERS DON'T.

Exactly ^^

Worried about chalk on your clothes??  ::)

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2013, 10:29:00 AM »
Exactly ^^

Worried about chalk on your clothes??  ::)

Wonder if that guy Traines at All.