Author Topic: Danny Hodge - wrestlings toughest guy?  (Read 7796 times)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Danny Hodge - wrestlings toughest guy?
« on: May 15, 2011, 03:07:16 AM »
Ive been looking around the net and one thing i seem to come across is Danny Hodge being wrestlings toughest man, even good ol' JR swears it bar none - Haku, Finlay, Angle & Race included. Anyone know anything about his background as ive read a few stories and am intrigued by him - he has double tendons in his hands so apparently his grip strength is phenomenal even today.

From what i could find the Sheik was the only man to ever try him on and was manhandled in seconds. Its worth noting that i came across him by listening to a Sheik interview where the idiot tells him Hodge has died (hes still very much alive) and Sheik breaks down.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Danny Hodge - wrestlings toughest guy?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 05:48:10 AM »
No way Jose.

Haku was the toughest guy hands down. Even Andre didn't mess with Haku. Haku ripped out Jimmy Jack Funk's eyeball out in 1988 after Funk was harrassing him at a bar. Haku has also been known to put security "tough guys" through windows and he once knocked out 4 cops who crossed him.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 06:35:53 PM »
I'd throw in Dr. Death, Regal, Steiner, Fit Finlay, Inoki, but Haku is in a class by himself.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 06:23:11 PM »
Didn't that guy knock out Williams with one hit in the shoot match?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 12:20:02 AM »
No way Jose.

Haku was the toughest guy hands down. Even Andre didn't mess with Haku. Haku ripped out Jimmy Jack Funk's eyeball out in 1988 after Funk was harrassing him at a bar. Haku has also been known to put security "tough guys" through windows and he once knocked out 4 cops who crossed him.

Hahaha, of course he did..  ::) where you getting your stories from brother!? that sounds a little far-fetched

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 01:04:50 AM »
Regal? really?

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 02:25:43 AM »
Regal was known to be a guy you didnt cross, hes had more than a few backstage scuffles and come out on top. Haku was my pick for being THE man, then Race, as you only have to hear the wrestlers opinions of him to realise he was #1 backstage. Beefcake could have been killed had it not allegedly been for Hogan begging Haku to let him go, and the stories of him KOing cops etc are quite infamous actually.Can you imagine Hellwig going off at Haku like he did Rude? I dont think Haku would have stopped after the 1 punch KO Rude gave him lol.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 03:32:08 PM »
Regal was known to be a guy you didnt cross, hes had more than a few backstage scuffles and come out on top. Haku was my pick for being THE man, then Race, as you only have to hear the wrestlers opinions of him to realise he was #1 backstage. Beefcake could have been killed had it not allegedly been for Hogan begging Haku to let him go, and the stories of him KOing cops etc are quite infamous actually.Can you imagine Hellwig going off at Haku like he did Rude? I dont think Haku would have stopped after the 1 punch KO Rude gave him lol.

I haven't heard most of these stories, why don't you guys post them in the party stories/backstage stories thread for everyone to enjoy!

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 08:25:06 PM »
I'd throw in Dr. Death, Regal, Steiner, Fit Finlay, Inoki, but Haku is in a class by himself.

Fair list. I'd possibly throw Scott Norton in there over Regal though.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 08:46:47 PM »

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 09:48:02 AM »
Hahaha, of course he did..  ::) where you getting your stories from brother!? that sounds a little far-fetched

The internet, shoot interviews from other wrestlers who all have the same stories about him, live sources within the company, etc. All legit, bro. Haku was the toughest guy around.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 12:15:18 PM »
Didn't that guy knock out Williams with one hit in the shoot match?

Bart Gunn in that tourney they had.  I remember he hit Dr. Death so hard that when Williams stumbled he blew out his knew.  Course he was years past his prime at that point.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 07:54:59 AM »
Bart Gunn in that tourney they had.  I remember he hit Dr. Death so hard that when Williams stumbled he blew out his knew.  Course he was years past his prime at that point.
Bart Gunn also got his clock cleaned by Butterbean at the Brawl for All.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 07:54:34 AM »
I heard in 88 Haku choked out Mike Tyson in a bar after Tyson laughed at him and called him a fake ass wrestler.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 08:04:10 AM »
I heard in 88 Haku choked out Mike Tyson in a bar after Tyson laughed at him and called him a fake ass wrestler.
Uh...no....

He did rip out Jimmy Jack Funk's eyeball out in 1988 forcing him to retire.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 08:14:49 AM »
You reckon weak minded Mike would stand a chance against Haku!!??!?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 08:47:36 AM »
You reckon weak minded Mike would stand a chance against Haku!!??!?
Not really.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 12:47:07 PM »
First good hit wins the fight IMO

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 12:57:32 PM »
Hodge would be trying to tie-up Haku legit.  Haku would probably bury his thumb in Hodge's eye for the win.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 01:26:18 PM »
Lol funny how people think a boxing match is similar to a NHB street fight where loser leaves barely breathing in an ambulance.

As crazy as it sounds if Tyson didnt get the first hit Haku could easily get hold of Mike, rip his eye out or even tear his vocal cords out while Tyson is helpless on his back out by a dumpster behind a bar. Guy was that fucking crazy. Iron Mike was crazy for the first few mins of the fight no doubt, but was he as viscous, ruthless and 'to the death' kind of crazy as Haku? Hell no!!