Author Topic: All things LA Lakers  (Read 42470 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: Lakers
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2013, 01:45:29 AM »
I'd like to see the Lakers go after Rajon Rondo and Tyson Chandler.  I don't know exactly who they think they are going to sign with all their cap space in the off season.  Lebron isn't coming to LA and Marshmallow Anthony should be avoided at all costs.

Think about the Jim Buss era for a minute.  The Chris Paul trade getting blocked really fucked us but thats wasn't his fault.  Where he really started to shit the bed was dumping Lamar Odom and getting nothing in return for him.  I'm fine with letting him go but he was the sixth man of the year at the time and they just salary dumped him.  Then he they took a huge risk on Dwight Howard, lost, and got nothing in return for him either.  Everyone knew Dwight didn't want to be in LA.  How do you have these kind of assets and not get anything back for them?

Hiring D'Antoni was a huge mistake.  His system, even in perfect situation won't win you anything in the post season.  Also, that run and gun style of his doesn't fit their two best players Kobe and Gasol.  So they are going to dump Gasol one of only two legitimate NBA starters on the roster.  He's not playing his best (largely because of his asshole coach) but good luck trying to replace Gasol's skill set.  D'Antoni needs to be fired in favor of maybe Stan Van Gundy or someone else that's competent and understands defense.  Sooner rather than later.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2013, 05:01:29 AM »
I'd like to see the Lakers go after Rajon Rondo and Tyson Chandler.  I don't know exactly who they think they are going to sign with all their cap space in the off season.  Lebron isn't coming to LA and Marshmallow Anthony should be avoided at all costs.

Think about the Jim Buss era for a minute.  The Chris Paul trade getting blocked really fucked us but thats wasn't his fault.  Where he really started to shit the bed was dumping Lamar Odom and getting nothing in return for him.  I'm fine with letting him go but he was the sixth man of the year at the time and they just salary dumped him.  Then he they took a huge risk on Dwight Howard, lost, and got nothing in return for him either.  Everyone knew Dwight didn't want to be in LA.  How do you have these kind of assets and not get anything back for them?

Hiring D'Antoni was a huge mistake.  His system, even in perfect situation won't win you anything in the post season.  Also, that run and gun style of his doesn't fit their two best players Kobe and Gasol.  So they are going to dump Gasol one of only two legitimate NBA starters on the roster.  He's not playing his best (largely because of his asshole coach) but good luck trying to replace Gasol's skill set.  D'Antoni needs to be fired in favor of maybe Stan Van Gundy or someone else that's competent and understands defense.  Sooner rather than later.

kobe playing point is a good move, good win against the bobcats.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2013, 05:23:20 PM »
 lakers almost lost to the bob cats

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2013, 08:22:31 PM »

Would Rondo and Chandler would be great additions if D'Antoni is gone. 

They might be better of waiting till 2015 and going after Kevin Love. 

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: All things LA Lakers
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2013, 09:52:45 PM »
kobe hurt his left knee against memphis today

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2013, 08:03:23 AM »
The last few games are just proving me right.  In D'Antoni's system if your threes aren't falling then you are screwed.  They are losing to and in some cases barely beating really bad teams.  In the playoffs the pace slows down.  If you are three point shooting team good defenses are going to run your shooters off the line and take that away from you.  In order to win in the post season you have to be able to defend and win games in multiple ways.  Three point shooting teams are a one trick pony.  LA isn't going to win shit playing like this even if Kobe turns back the clock and plays like an MVP.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2013, 04:52:49 PM »

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2013, 06:09:34 PM »
Kobe has not hurt anything, this is normal for a 35 yr old body, his fine. I don't like how they point out every little thing. BTW  I twisted my wrist jacking off a few days ago I should be out for a few weeks.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2013, 06:13:21 PM »
Kobe has not hurt anything, this is normal for a 35 yr old body, his fine. I don't like how they point out every little thing. BTW  I twisted my wrist jacking off a few days ago I should be out for a few weeks.
ha ha yes on the last statement.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2013, 07:03:06 PM »
 :D ;D

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2013, 01:03:22 PM »
what say you all?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2013, 01:04:22 PM »
 kobe broke his left leg

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2013, 01:04:22 PM »
I agree with you that the leg is broken.

Anyone who disagrees is against me and Arce....come get it.
Y

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2013, 01:06:57 PM »
"Specifically, he fractured his lateral tibial plateau in his left knee."

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2013, 01:07:52 PM »
So Parker and Business Insider also agree.   That makes four......any of you bastards disagree?  Lets hear it, pussies.
Y

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2013, 01:09:19 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=487365.25

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2013, 01:10:26 PM »
is he a bodybuilder?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2013, 01:11:08 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=487365.25

^

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »

For a lucky few college players, getting picked high in the NFL draft means a lifetime of financial security. That's why more and more prospects aren't waiting till draft day to protect their futures. Before their final seasons many take out insurance against a career-ending injury. Most policies, which cost around $10,000 for each $1 million of coverage (first-round picks typically buy up to $5 million), are written by Lloyd's of London, which famously insured Tina Turner's legs and Keith Richards's hands. The policy expires as soon as a player signs a pro contract.

Keith Lerner, a Gainesville, Fla.--based financial consultant, says that in 1990 only 15% of draft picks in the first three rounds had policies. Now nearly every player projected to go that early is insured. For example, three first-round picks this year—Larry English (chosen No. 16), Robert Ayers (18) and Kenny Britt (30)—bought policies ranging from $1 million to $3 million from Rich (Big Daddy) Salgado, president of Coastal Advisors, LLC, who has written various policies for 130 current pros.

One recent player who collected? Ed Chester, a Florida defensive lineman who suffered a knee injury in 1998. His $8,000 premium netted $1 million in coverage.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2013, 01:18:01 PM »

For a lucky few college players, getting picked high in the NFL draft means a lifetime of financial security. That's why more and more prospects aren't waiting till draft day to protect their futures. Before their final seasons many take out insurance against a career-ending injury. Most policies, which cost around $10,000 for each $1 million of coverage (first-round picks typically buy up to $5 million), are written by Lloyd's of London, which famously insured Tina Turner's legs and Keith Richards's hands. The policy expires as soon as a player signs a pro contract.

Keith Lerner, a Gainesville, Fla.--based financial consultant, says that in 1990 only 15% of draft picks in the first three rounds had policies. Now nearly every player projected to go that early is insured. For example, three first-round picks this year—Larry English (chosen No. 16), Robert Ayers (18) and Kenny Britt (30)—bought policies ranging from $1 million to $3 million from Rich (Big Daddy) Salgado, president of Coastal Advisors, LLC, who has written various policies for 130 current pros.

One recent player who collected? Ed Chester, a Florida defensive lineman who suffered a knee injury in 1998. His $8,000 premium netted $1 million in coverage.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2013, 01:20:28 PM »