Author Topic: God will heal your kidney failure  (Read 35165 times)

NightTrain

Re: God will heal your kidney failure
« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2014, 01:59:26 PM »
Its not the end, they live on through your thoughts and memories.
My dad died in 2002 and I think about him almost every day, I close my eyes and I can picture him laughing clear as day, i dream about him once in a while and we talk.

Pretty much what I did when he was alive.

I dont need a man in a cloud for that.

wonder if its a multilevel cloud or all one level? which way does it face? Does it have a pool?

dustin

« Reply #201 on: March 15, 2014, 02:03:14 PM »
My dad died in 2002 and I think about him almost every day, I close my eyes and I can picture him laughing clear as day, i dream about him once in a while and we talk.

One of your best posts, man. Seriously.

Read this over, everyone. Death is just another stage in life. It is obviously not an easy stage to deal with, but it is inevitable.

Simple Simon

« Reply #202 on: March 15, 2014, 02:03:47 PM »
wonder if its a multilevel cloud or all one level? which way does it face? Does it have a pool?
Its got to be segregated with different areas for different races and religions.
Or do they go to their own Heavens.
Place is likely littered with dog shit, Im sure no one works so the council services wont be provided.
What happens when your gas cooker fucks up, I dont want some 'cowboy' turning up, I will insist on Corgi registered.

Simple Simon

« Reply #203 on: March 15, 2014, 02:04:25 PM »
One of your best posts, man. Seriously.

Read this over, everyone. Death is just another stage in life. It is obviously not an easy stage to deal with, but it is inevitable.

Tramadol is one hell of a drug.   ;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2014, 02:04:39 PM »

A nice post. Solid opinion.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2014, 02:04:47 PM »

Yeah, the memories are still strong but the thing that bothered me most was just having to come to terms with the fact that she wouldn't be there anymore and play any further part in my life.

Simple Simon

« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2014, 02:05:47 PM »
Yeah, the memories are still strong but the thing that bothered me most was just having to come to terms with the fact that she wouldn't be there anymore and play any further part in my life.

Fact is mate, shes still there now.  ;)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2014, 02:07:05 PM »
Chances are another dimension "next" to or "overlapping" ours. Like an astral plane...
Not like I know or anything.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2014, 02:08:04 PM »
Fact is mate, shes still there now.  ;)

Cheers mate. :D

I actually know what you're saying is correct but there is a small part of me (the irrational part) that would like to think otherwise. ;D

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2014, 08:01:29 PM »
Cheers mate. :D

I actually know what you're saying is correct but there is a small part of me (the irrational part) that would like to think otherwise. ;D

There is nothing irrational about hoping for something better.  It is my hope that you will see her again and all will be well.

Until then, hope is what we have.  Irrational?  Nope.  Human. 

All the best.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #210 on: March 15, 2014, 10:18:33 PM »
There is nothing irrational about hoping for something better.  It is my hope that you will see her again and all will be well.

Until then, hope is what we have.  Irrational?  Nope.  Human. 

All the best.
What's irrational is believing a god can make something better.  Prayer is simply wishful thinking with coincidentally the same probability as chance.  Who would have thought?
V

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2014, 08:05:48 AM »
What's irrational is believing a god can make something better.  Prayer is simply wishful thinking with coincidentally the same probability as chance.  Who would have thought?

What is your problem?  My words were meant for another and that in the spirit of goodwill and yet you choose to defecate upon them in yet another incident of irritable mind syndrome.  Try being a good person for once and shut the hell up when the adults are talking.  We get it. You despise the message of Jesus of Nazareth and think those that follow Him to be fools.

You are confident  in the fact of evolution yet fail to evolve yourself and remain unchanged a little prick of a man.   A total asshole when it comes to interacting with those that think differently than you.   You are given to bouts of rudeness that would seem symptomatic of Tourette's if one were to be lenient and assign such a diagnosis to you.  In all honesty, you are prick because you think the world owes you an audience for your ego. 

I have known many an Atheist and the majority of them are good people, some are far more Christian in their lives than many a professing Christian that I know, but you?   You're the fly at the neighborhood BBQ.  You eat shit and bother people.

To SuperTed, I again hope that at the end of all things we are reunited with loved ones and that you and your mother are together again with others, both family and friends.  I have no idea whether or not my beliefs will translate into reality but I have hope.  The hope of my faith.  I trust this does not offend but if it does I can offer nothing more and for that I am sorry.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2014, 09:00:03 AM »
I wish I were safe in Heaven, dead. - Kerouac

In heaven everything is fine

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2014, 05:33:13 AM »
I have known many an Atheist and the majority of them are good people, some are far more Christian in their lives than many a professing Christian that I know.

Unfortunately I can say the same.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2014, 06:12:13 AM »
What is your problem?  My words were meant for another and that in the spirit of goodwill and yet you choose to defecate upon them in yet another incident of irritable mind syndrome.  Try being a good person for once and shut the hell up when the adults are talking.  We get it. You despise the message of Jesus of Nazareth and think those that follow Him to be fools.

You are confident  in the fact of evolution yet fail to evolve yourself and remain unchanged a little prick of a man.   A total asshole when it comes to interacting with those that think differently than you.   You are given to bouts of rudeness that would seem symptomatic of Tourette's if one were to be lenient and assign such a diagnosis to you.  In all honesty, you are prick because you think the world owes you an audience for your ego.  

I have known many an Atheist and the majority of them are good people, some are far more Christian in their lives than many a professing Christian that I know, but you?   You're the fly at the neighborhood BBQ.  You eat shit and bother people.

To SuperTed, I again hope that at the end of all things we are reunited with loved ones and that you and your mother are together again with others, both family and friends.  I have no idea whether or not my beliefs will translate into reality but I have hope.  The hope of my faith.  I trust this does not offend but if it does I can offer nothing more and for that I am sorry.
It appears it is you who has trouble dealing with differing opinions to yours.  The truth torments you doesn't it?  I was simply posting about the well known fact about the non efficacy of prayer.   If you were a normal person I would find your response utterly bizarre, but you have made it clear the only reality you like to abide in is a fictional one of your own choosing.  The irony of your post is I wasnt rude at all, and yet you have melted down in a torrent of rudeness and hostility, all of which is lost on me, as it simply serves to demonstrate the negative impact religion has on people and how intolerant they are.
V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2014, 10:30:11 AM »
Creed
by Steve Turner

We believe in Marx, Freud and Darwin
We believe everything is OK
as long as you don't hurt anyone
to the best of your definition of "hurt",
and to the best of your definition of "knowledge".

We believe in sex before, during, and after marriage.
We believe in the therapy of sin.
We believe that adultery is fun.
We believe that sodomy’s OK.
We believe that taboos are taboo.

We believe that everything's getting better
despite evidence to the contrary.
The evidence must be investigated
And you can prove anything with evidence.

We believe there's something in horoscopes,
UFO's and bent spoons.
Jesus was a good man just like Buddha,
Mohammed, and ourselves.
He was a good moral teacher though we think
His good morals were very bad.

We believe that all religions are basically the same-
at least the one that we read was.
They all believe in love and goodness.
They only differ on matters of creation,
sin, heaven, hell, God, and salvation.

We believe that after death comes the Nothing
Because when you ask the dead what happens they say nothing.
If death is not the end, if the dead have lied, then its
compulsory heaven for all excepting perhaps
Hitler, Stalin, and Genghis Kahn

We believe in Masters and Johnson
What's selected is average.
What's average is normal.
What's normal is good.

We believe in total disarmament.
We believe there are direct links between warfare and bloodshed.
Americans should beat their guns into tractors .
And the Russians would be sure to follow.

We believe that man is essentially good.
It's only his behavior that lets him down.
This is the fault of society.
Society is the fault of conditions.
Conditions are the fault of society.

We believe that each man must find the truth that is right for him.
Reality will adapt accordingly.
The universe will readjust.
History will alter.

We believe that there is no absolute truth
excepting the truth that there is no absolute truth.

We believe in the rejection of creeds,
And the flowering of individual thought.

If chance be the Father of all flesh,
disaster is his rainbow in the sky
and when you hear:

"State of Emergency!"

"Sniper Kills Ten!"

"Troops on Rampage!"

"Whites go Looting!"

"Bomb Blasts School!"

It is but the sound of man worshipping his maker.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2014, 10:51:44 AM »
from Orthodoxy
by G.K. Chesterston

“But the new rebel is a skeptic, and will not entirely trust anything. He has no loyalty; therefore he can never be really a revolutionist. And the fact that he doubts everything really gets in his way when he wants to denounce anything. For all denunciation implies a moral doctrine of some kind; and the modern revolutionist doubts not only the institution he denounces, but the doctrine by which he denounces it. . . .

As a politician, he will cry out that war is a waste of life, and then, as a philosopher, that all life is waste of time. A Russian pessimist will denounce a policeman for killing a peasant, and then prove by the highest philosophical principles that the peasant ought to have killed himself. . . . The man of this school goes first to a political meeting, where he complains that savages are treated as if they were beasts; then he takes his hat and umbrella and goes on to a scientific meeting, where he proves that they practically are beasts.

In short, the modern revolutionist, being an infinite skeptic, is always engaged in undermining his own mines. In his book on politics he attacks men for trampling on morality; in his book on ethics he attacks morality for trampling on men. Therefore the modern man in revolt has become practically useless for all purposes of revolt. By rebelling against everything he has lost his right to rebel against anything.”

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2014, 11:00:42 AM »
religious meltdown
T

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2014, 11:09:46 AM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2014, 11:17:56 AM »
MOS peddling his fairy tales. I really feel bad for MOS. What a life to live. I hope he wakes up and finds himself and realizes that all his worship is for nothing. What a waste.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2014, 11:21:34 AM »
MOS peddling his fairy tales. I really feel bad for MOS. What a life to live. I hope he wakes up and finds himself and realizes that all his worship is for nothing. What a waste.

You read none of it.....few of you read anything I post LOL.  

If it's more than a sentence or two...or not a text like reply it's skipped.

If I post a brief reply it's criticized for being too short.  If I post a more exhaustive reply it's dismissed without reading as a "ramble".

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2014, 11:23:48 AM »
You read none of it.....few of you read anything I post LOL.  

If it's more than a sentence of two...or not a text like reply it's skipped.

Read what? Its the same shit over and over and over again that religious people spew. What you post is pretty much the same that all religious zealots post. There is no difference, trust me. If you had some awe inspiring article or words to share, it would be groundbreaking. But youre the same as every other religious person. It all sounds the same.

As I said, you seem like a good guy, so I hope you wake up one day and stop believing in fairy tales.
X

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2014, 11:24:32 AM »
This so called non-existent entity called "God" sure does weigh heavily on the minds of Getbiggers.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #223 on: March 17, 2014, 11:25:52 AM »
This so called non-existent entity called "God" sure does weigh heavily on the minds of Getbiggers.

Yes, because it has implications for all of us, especially when right winged religious nutjobs try to pass laws based on their religious belief. I am glad that there are people who really fight the separation of church vs state. I do not want to live in a theocracy.

Second, this is GB, so most post about religion or politics is purely for trolling purposed.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2014, 11:34:15 AM »

Read what? Its the same shit over and over and over again that religious people spew. What you post is pretty much the same that all religious zealots post. There is no difference, trust me. If you had some awe inspiring article or words to share, it would be groundbreaking. But youre the same as every other religious person. It all sounds the same.

As I said, you seem like a good guy, so I hope you wake up one day and stop believing in fairy tales.

The day my message for Christ stops is basically the day I exit this life and meet my Savior face to face.

Although, have no fear LOL because after 3.5 years of sharing my faith with Getbiggers I'm now considering leaving the board permanently.  Not because of this thread LOL (or any thread....this thread is just average "par for the course" stuff).  I think I've just run my course.  I won't start some cheesy "I'm retiring" thread.....send Ron a PM to de-mod me, logoff and that'll be that.  I've been on this board for over 10 years now.