Author Topic: The REAL FERRIGNO STORY!!! DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!  (Read 14398 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
The REAL FERRIGNO STORY!!! DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!
« on: March 10, 2006, 03:18:26 PM »

By WAYNE PARRY
Associated Press Writer

As "The Incredible Hulk," Lou Ferrigno probably would have ripped off his shirt in anger. Instead, he's suing his brother over trademark rights to a fitness equipment store.

Ferrigno, who played the green-skinned monster in the 1978-82 TV series, is suing Andrew Ferrigno and his wife, Janie, and their business, Ferrigno Fitness of Greenwich Township, claiming they are unlawfully trading on his name and image.

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Trenton, claims the store has a green awning, portions of the interior are green, and one green wall is covered with photos of Ferrigno in bodybuilding poses, as well as in his trademark green makeup for his role as the Hulk.

Ferrigno was a bodybuilder before he starred on the TV show. Bill Bixby played mild-mannered scientist David Banner, who turned into the Hulk whenever he lost his temper.

"This is bullying," said Scott Wilhelm, lawyer for the defendants. "Andrew and his wife have been running their business for over 20 years, and now, for the first time ever, Lou wants to shut them down."

"Andrew says nothing has happened between them to make his brother spiteful or vengeful," Wilhelm said. "I don't know what level of income Lou has these days, but Andrew is confident that it still far exceeds his."

The lawsuit claims the "defendants deliberately chose a trade name incorporating the Ferrigno name in an effort to profit from the reputation and renown of Lou Ferrigno."

"On numerous occasions, Lou Ferrigno and members of his family have been contacted or approached by strangers or acquaintances who believe that Ferrigno Fitness is `Lou's store,'" the complaint read.

The 53-year-old actor, who lives in Santa Monica, Calif., says in court papers that he has no interest or involvement in the store. His lawyer did not immediately return a call seeking comment Thursday.

The lawsuit also accuses the New Jersey business of cybersquatting by registering the Internet domain name http://www.ferrignofitness.com

Andrew Ferrigno and his wife live in Bethlehem, Pa. Wilhelm said his clients intend to fight the lawsuit, whose claims, he said, are "without merit."http://www.ferrignofitness.com

In recent years, Lou Ferrigno has appeared as himself on the CBS sitcom "The King of Queens."http://www.ferrignofitness.com

Well, I still don't like the way things went about, but Lou does a legit beef about it.
A

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: The REAL FERRIGNO STORY!!! DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 03:23:05 PM »
No he doesn't Vince

The colour of the walls doesn't mean shit.  And him having pictures up of his brother doesn't either.  All of these facts mean absolutely nothing when a customer has not entered the store.  Was his brother using his likeness in ads or anything to get people in?  Doesn't sound like it.

Lou is a tosser.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 03:26:58 PM »
Man why is mister green soo greedy?? Its his blood after all. If I had a brother I would let him do whatever the heck he wants with my name...
just push some weight!

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 03:31:07 PM »
I wouldn't even care if my brother told everybody he was me..

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 03:34:28 PM »
I still wanna know if Lou has permission to use the incredible hulk trademark the way he does to promote himself?

Slick Vic

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »
I still wanna know if Lou has permission to use the incredible hulk trademark the way he does to promote himself?

That's what I'm saying. An example I can think of are the cast of the Star Wars films. Neither actors can express their charters in any way without the consent of Lucas. Even though they "played" the role.
No he doesn't Vince

The colour of the walls doesn't mean shit.  And him having pictures up of his brother doesn't either.  All of these facts mean absolutely nothing when a customer has not entered the store.  Was his brother using his likeness in ads or anything to get people in?  Doesn't sound like it.

Lou is a tosser.
Very well said.

Slick Vic

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 03:46:31 PM »
Don't use an avatar of Lou OR the Hulk. He'll sue ya.  ::)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 03:53:14 PM »

Exactly.  That is the point.  Even if he is using Lou's name, who cares?

Also, I heard Lou sued a company for something asbestos or chemical related in his house.  Any truth to this?

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 04:38:26 PM »
Wonder if he charged his bro $20 a pic...

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 04:45:38 PM »
I have the book that Lou wrote, more like told to some one so they could write it for him, anyway. In the book he belly-aches and whines about having a stern and hard father. He also brings up the time when his dad called with the idea for the store that his brother now owns . Lou in the book said that he told his dad back then to take the name down or else he would sue if I remember right.
h

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 04:49:56 PM »
The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Trenton, claims the store has a green awning, portions of the interior are green, and one green wall is covered with photos of Ferrigno in bodybuilding poses, as well as in his trademark green makeup for his role as the Hulk.

There has to be more to the story than this... because if Lou is suing because of this, after the store has been there 20 years, and this is his brother, then Lou has a new low point in his life...

The question is if Andrew is using the Incredible Hulk or anything of the movies in his advertising, or if he is saying that Lou owns the store. If he is just putting up pictures of Lou up, and the color of the store is green, who cares. Does he actually tell his clients that Lou owns the store, that Lou promotes the store, or does he tell the truth - that Lou is his brother, but this is his store, and it has nothing related to Lou.

So lets warn everyone whose last name is Ferrigno out there in the world - don't start anything with fitness or bodybuilding because you are automatically associated with the Hulk here... and he will sue...

Please tell me there is more to the story...

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 05:03:27 PM »
Everyone keeps jumping to conclusions. Lou obviously has had a very bad relationship with the rest of his family. He has every right to sue if they're trying to cash in on his name.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 05:06:54 PM »
I'm going to change my name to Rob Ferrigno. 

Then I'm going to sue Big Lou.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 05:07:01 PM »
It seems Lou can't even cash in on his name, how will his family?

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 05:13:25 PM »
So lets warn everyone whose last name is Ferrigno out there in the world - don't start anything with fitness or bodybuilding because you are automatically associated with the Hulk here... and he will sue...

Read the article. This lawsuit isn't about the "Ferrigno" name. His brother is trying to cash in on Lou's bodybuilding and acting legacy.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 05:55:13 PM »
His brother is trying to cash in on Lou's bodybuilding and acting legacy.

Cashing in on BBing?  Dude should be ashamed of himself!

While you're as angry as I am, please visit www.freecraigtitus.com

analcandy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 06:17:21 PM »
honestly if someone is making money with what I made/created, i would sue him too, even if its a family member.

I mean, his brother did nothing in his life but use his brother fame to make a living.

fuck thats lame. i bet lou didnt even earn a cent from his bro business...

Lou deserves some financial compensations, i mean he s getting scamed by his own brother who must really be a fucking loser and lazy sob to rely on soemone else to earn money...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 07:30:21 PM »
I thought I already posted that story.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=59129.0

The case has no merits whatsoever.
w

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 07:44:02 PM »

The case has no merits whatsoever.

Holy shit, I'm in agreement with judi!   :o

This thread proves two things:

1) Lou's a douchebag

2) Vince Goodrum isn't very smart.
Ron: "I am lazy."

bb doc

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 10:27:17 PM »
Any lawyers here?

Also, suppose your name happens to be the SAME as a celebrity, say "Britney Spears", and you started a business called "Britney Spears Fashions", but didnt use pics of the singer Britney, etc, in your ads.

I.e. other than using your OWN name, which happens to be the same as a celebrity....., you didnt try to deceive anyone/draw attention.

?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006, 10:27:59 PM »
Holy shit, I'm in agreement with judi!   :o

I know Goatboy, this is twice! Very shocking indeed.  ;)

This thread proves two things:

1) Lou's a douchebag

...and a third time!

2) Vince Goodrum isn't very smart.

...and a fourth time!

I suggest everybody write a little note to Andrew Ferrigno at BeHealthy@FerrignoFitness.com to give the guy some emotional support, and let him and Lou know what a douche bag the bodybuilding community thinks Lou Ferrigno is being.

And ps - If you need some equipment, get it from Andrew.

w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006, 10:32:26 PM »
Vince has a stronger personal brand than most of the business people on this site.

When you think of members- whattya think of?

Vince- Bee pollen.
Jag- that pyramid thing
Shawn- Colorado pro
240- 300$ website

I dunno if it was intentional or not... but Vince has successfully branded his image into tens of thousands of viewers.  Incredible. 

Sean-DeMarco

• Getbig III
  • "A year from now, you'll wish you started today."
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2006, 10:37:38 PM »

....I'm with you on this one. It ain't that serious.~ :-\
~Sean-DeMarco

what.

• Getbig III
  • Commercialized-ass bitch
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2006, 10:49:49 PM »
Vince posting this story is nothing more than him trying to fashion himself as some industry insider whom we should have eternal respect for.  Shades of his bullshit "steroid of the month" article indeed.
Newbies: Goatboy smells

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2006, 11:19:46 PM »
Louie is a pathetic human being.