Author Topic: Is Markus Ruhl the most disrespected pro?  (Read 12873 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Is Markus Ruhl the most disrespected pro?
« on: April 24, 2006, 11:08:25 AM »
This guy seems to have a very good personality and trains very hard. He doesnt run his mouth or say bad things about other pros. Markus doesnt complain or whine. Very rarely does he compete out of shape. He makes steady Improvements. He seems laid back. He wasnt given a free ride or given special treatment. He has earned his placings.

Yet he seems to have lots of people dissing him. Lots of bodybuilding fans seem to want him to go away. Is it just because of some synthol accusations?

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: Is Markus Ruhl the most disrespected pro?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 11:14:38 AM »
This guy seems to have a very good personality and trains very hard. He doesnt run his mouth or say bad things about other pros. Very rarely does he compete out of shape. He makes steady Improvements. He seems laid back. He wasnt given a free ride or given special treatment. He has earned his placings.

Yet he seems to have lots of people dissing him. Lots of bodybuilding fans seem to want him to go away. Is it just because of some synthol accusations?

all they have to do is watch Made in Germany and they'll fall in love with him - its the casual fans who diss him and go for pretty boy Gunter. It's the hardcore fans like us who know how it is. he's king of the freaks no matter what anyone says. Believe that!

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHLL LLLLLL!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 11:19:14 AM »
those arms must tape close to 24". Probably 23.5"

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 11:32:02 AM »
From his video and meeting him at the Olympia, Ruhl seems like a cool and friendly person.  His structure is fairly blocky but he can hold his own with anyone in the mass departement.  His best appearance was the Arnold Classic a couple years back (maybe 2003?).  Definitely looks more impressive when his midsection is controlled and he is full and ripped.  His conditioning was off at the 2005 Olympia.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 11:38:09 AM »
From his video and meeting him at the Olympia, Ruhl seems like a cool and friendly person.  His structure is fairly blocky but he can hold his own with anyone in the mass departement.  His best appearance was the Arnold Classic a couple years back (maybe 2003?).  Definitely looks more impressive when his midsection is controlled and he is full and ripped.  His conditioning was off at the 2005 Olympia.

2005 wasn't a good year for Ruhl's career but it was great for his personal life  -got married, built a house, bought a gym - he got sick during his contest prep and lost too much muscle - this year he's coming back with a vengeance. MArk that!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 12:03:30 PM »
made in germany is the only pro dvd worth the money. ruhl's a funny fucker and seeing him next to normal people is hilarious.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 12:53:45 PM »
I actually think most people on this board give Ruhl his props, he is nowhere near the "Most disrespected Pro"

vinnyvee

• Getbig IV
  • Dorian never bitched, he just shut em up!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 01:26:55 PM »
Most dissed?? Pfft....yeah ok. Ruhl is a friggin machine. There's the obvious lack of porportionate tricep but who cares? Every competitor tries to make up in other areas what they lack in others. Very few are "perfectly" balanced. Ruhl is sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 01:32:27 PM »
yes people give Ruhl alot of shit which is unfortunate since he seems like such a good guy, never talks trash or says stupid things, he always seems positive and happy. ruhl is one of my favorite bbers, hopefully this year will be better for him.

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 01:33:03 PM »
This guy seems to have a very good personality and trains very hard. He doesnt run his mouth or say bad things about other pros. Markus doesnt complain or whine. Very rarely does he compete out of shape. He makes steady Improvements. He seems laid back. He wasnt given a free ride or given special treatment. He has earned his placings.

Ruhl is one of the most popular pros, It's just the few homo ass bitches that like to speak up that actually diss him. He did make Melvin seem like an ass at the 05 olympia meeting. I think Shawn or Kamali gets hazed the most on here.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 01:35:01 PM »
2005 wasn't a good year for Ruhl's career but it was great for his personal life  -got married, built a house, bought a gym - he got sick during his contest prep and lost too much muscle - this year he's coming back with a vengeance. MArk that!

Haha can you imagine him building the house sweating like hell in his tanktop.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 01:38:31 PM »
most trainers want to be huge and sexy

he's huge and that's it

most don't want to look like that which is why he gets disrespected

E
E

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 01:49:27 PM »
Lee Preist gets disrespected more than a terrorist at a patriots game ....

Dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh

Midgets call him shorty

Dooooohhhhh

And he post under LeePreistLover , then writes articles in MD about it ...
L

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 01:56:47 PM »
He is an endomorph and just doesn't look pretty.  He's continuing in Dorian's tradition and some don't want that.

Ronnie continued Dorian's tradition , excellent as they started and as their career progressed they got worse , at least Dorian's was due to tearing muscles , Ronnie doesn't have an excuse .

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 02:10:12 PM »
Ronnie continued Dorian's tradition , excellent as they started and as their career progressed they got worse , at least Dorian's was due to tearing muscles , Ronnie doesn't have an excuse .

so you are saying that Dorian's enormous gut in 1993 was due to tearing muscles?

sorry, his tear was in 1994.
Flower Boy Ran Away

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 02:11:33 PM »

i don't know about that. ronnie wasn't a mass monster early on, dorian was near the biggest from the get-go a la ruhl. and while dorian had a tight waist he wasn't 'aesthetic' in that his lines couldn't match a haney or a wheeler. ruhl is in the dorian mold in most respects except that his conditioning isn't even close.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 03:02:24 PM »
If it was a personality contest, Rühl would've won Mr O several times already.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 03:29:02 PM »
so you are saying that Dorian's enormous gut in 1993 was due to tearing muscles?

sorry, his tear was in 1994.

How about Ronnie's enormous gut in 99 , 00 , 01 , 02 , 03 , 04 and 05 ?  ;)

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 03:47:51 PM »
i'm not even a fan of Ruhl's physique, but he seems like a cool and approachable dude. he knows he's a freak, and people love him for it. i think kamali might be the most disrespected pro.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 05:42:44 PM »
Who cares if he is the most disrespected?

What everyone really wants to know is if he is the bravest/kindest! :P

Tokyo Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 07:20:57 PM »
He's a cool guy. When he came to Japan his seminar was 1/4 the cost of shawn ray's and he actually worked out and posed.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2006, 09:12:21 PM »
ND, you are quite the jokester.  The pics of Coleman with the huge gut are always relaxed pics.  Hell, I have seen pics of Dex with a gut when relaxed.  at least Ronnie does not have the huge obliques that your boy Dorian had.  In fact, Ronnie is wider and gives him the illusion of a better taper.  his gut may be distended, but in 1999, 2000,2003, and 2005 it was in pretty good shape for the his size.  Hell, last year he was 280 at the night show and his gut was better than Cutler's by far.  Also, check out his arms....pssstttt..Ronnie's arms are what a Mr. Olympia's arms are supposed to look like.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 09:15:49 PM »
As for Ruhl, dude is awesome and definitely overlooked.  However, I am shocked that a professional BB would smoke.  That is disgusting, and combined with all of the GH and steroids, I worry about his heart.  Hope it was not a constant habit and only for the film. 

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2006, 09:28:36 PM »
I actually think most people on this board give Ruhl his props, he is nowhere near the "Most disrespected Pro"

I agree.  Though, he is still bashed a bit more than he should I think - since he is a nice guy and very hard worker in the gym.
Motherboy (the band).

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2006, 09:28:45 PM »
As for Ruhl, dude is awesome and definitely overlooked.  However, I am shocked that a professional BB would smoke.  That is disgusting, and combined with all of the GH and steroids, I worry about his heart.  Hope it was not a constant habit and only for the film. 

Ruhl just don't give a fuck!  ;D