Author Topic: My fat ass taking a trainer through a real leg workout  (Read 18078 times)

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
Re: My fat ass taking a trainer through a real leg workout
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2008, 01:12:38 PM »
Canadian ..what shows have you won?

None bro. All I didn't like is that you call anyone who rests longer than 60 seconds a beginner. Maybe I do what I feel works best for me?

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2008, 01:14:51 PM »
30 second rest between a heavy set of intense squats!
WHAT>???
takes me about 5 minutes to recover.
U can;t be pushing yourself at all if ur ready to go again in 30 seconds

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2008, 01:22:53 PM »
Noel is just plain ole full of shit...pulling ATP numbers out of the air and when refuted by reputable sites, just ignores it...where do these tards come from?

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2008, 01:26:26 PM »
is Noel a bodybuilder?
We only have a squat rack and leg press in my gym..
I have not seen any of these machines before.
Looks like you can really load the plates onto them  :o

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2008, 01:30:28 PM »
315 isn't heavy if I was doing more weight it might take more time, I posted this just to show some people an intense leg workout but you guys have been so mean I'm just going to sit at my gym, you guys do own your own gym right? and try to be more like you guys. squat to the floor , watch tv between sets, talk to people and get as big as you guys.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2008, 01:32:43 PM »
No i'm a fat washed up piece of shit, I want to be big like you guys.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2008, 01:34:17 PM »
315 isn't heavy if I was doing more weight it might take more time, I posted this just to show some people an intense leg workout but you guys have been so mean I'm just going to sit at my gym, you guys do own your own gym right? and try to be more like you guys. squat to the floor , watch tv between sets, talk to people and get as big as you guys.
oh brother another fat, has been, never was "competitor" talking down to people because they never donned a purple thong and shook their ass "onstage". I'm sure you're plastic trophies and ball glitter are great comfort, you lonely tool.

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2008, 01:35:25 PM »

Just so you know, I was never "mean". I said it looked like the guy was working hard, which he obviously was. I might rest 2-3 minutes between sets of big movements but i'm usually just sitting with some music on and getting ready for the next set, not watching tv and chitchatting.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2008, 01:35:56 PM »
Noel,
You sure put him through an intesnse workout,
however i think the issue is with the "atp is fully regenerated within 30 seconds" claim.
if you have something to back that up, then people will be more willing to listen

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2008, 01:41:09 PM »
as if chatting between sets makes you a "lazy" trainer, the strongest guy i've ever seen in my life would laugh and joke around with people between sets and take 5-6 minutes between sets easy but could bench 5 plates per side for 4-5 reps and throw around a 365 pound seated barbell shoulder press for a few reps, strong ass Samoan, seems like the "intense, don't look at me, walk around with a scowl" nerds you see in the gym are doing lateral raises with the 25's ans seated cable rows with 130. ::)

lol yeah, i didnt mean that he was was lazy, just tellin Noel what i do. My gym is pretty dead at the times I train and mostly just has people doing cardio, so i just listen to music. One time I asked a guy for a spot but I guess he was too busy doing "planks" and "cable crunches" to spot me  ::)

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2008, 01:46:18 PM »
as if chatting between sets makes you a "lazy" trainer, the strongest guy i've ever seen in my life would laugh and joke around with people between sets and take 5-6 minutes between sets easy but could bench 5 plates per side for 4-5 reps and throw around a 365 pound seated barbell shoulder press for a few reps, strong ass Samoan, seems like the "intense, don't look at me, walk around with a scowl" nerds you see in the gym are doing lateral raises with the 25's ans seated cable rows with 130. ::)
Lifting weights is meant to be FUN!!!
laughing and joking around is a big part of the gym for me...
I see guys who look really moody with a constant scowl, they write down every rep in a "workout diary"  ::)
I don;t see how that is fun! no point in having an attitude like your "going to war". your just a guy in a gym...not Ronnie Coleman

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2008, 01:46:44 PM »
Just so you know, I was never "mean". I said it looked like the guy was working hard, which he obviously was. I might rest 2-3 minutes between sets of big movements but i'm usually just sitting with some music on and getting ready for the next set, not watching tv and chitchatting.
the color was coral

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2008, 01:53:06 PM »
I usually have a latte between sets. Of course I don't have super ATP recovery like "Noel Fuller..."

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2008, 02:03:48 PM »
        this might help

I counted 0 repettitions that whole workout, just a bunch of partials.  Bring the weight down and maybe he can get 1 rep.  Also what's this crap with short breaks between sets.  Unless he has a meeting to get to or is training for a marathon, he should rest until he is back to full strength.

I think trainers often take the easy way out.  Rather than tell their clients that they are too stiff or lack the balance to do full reps they just let them do shit reps.  Really these guys should take the client back to basics even if it means squatting a broomstick. 

Also they have the client take short breaks as it is an easy way to generate intensity and will convince the client that they are getting a good workout.  It's much harder to get clients to really focus and apply maximal anaerobic intensity, so ofcourse they don't even try.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2008, 02:13:21 PM »
He went down far enough, is it ok if I touch myself while reading your replies?

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2008, 02:17:12 PM »

Far enough for what, not far enough to complete a rep.

Ass to the grass or lower the weight.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2008, 02:18:56 PM »

Epic gay trollyness.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2008, 02:28:26 PM »
your right he didn't go down far enough

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2008, 02:49:03 PM »
Hmm. The whole point of using machines (hacks, incline hacks, etc.) is precisely so you can go well below parallel in a controlled manner -ie. let the quads take the full brunt of the load. Your man failed in all respects to do this. Sorry Noel.  :-\

Stavios

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2008, 03:03:55 PM »

you have the biggest ego I have seen on this board

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2008, 03:31:49 PM »

i rest about 3-5 minutes between heavy sets. my way of doing it is one set per song, give or take depending on what i'm listening to. by the time i'm done squatting or benching i'm usually 45 minutes into the workout.

three years of "keep up the intensity and the heart rate" left me fighting to get a rep on my own with 275. three years of slowing the shit down and i just barely missed 380 on sunday.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2008, 03:52:17 PM »
i rest about 3-5 minutes between heavy sets. my way of doing it is one set per song, give or take depending on what i'm listening to. by the time i'm done squatting or benching i'm usually 45 minutes into the workout.

three years of "keep up the intensity and the heart rate" left me fighting to get a rep on my own with 275. three years of slowing the shit down and i just barely missed 380 on sunday.
exactly.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2008, 03:59:43 PM »
After this I have no ego..i am ....nothing

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2008, 04:07:58 PM »
feet lower on the hack puts too much pressure on the knee, my hands were on the bar cause its the first time I trained him and I was unsure how stable he was

Stability concern on a hack squat machine?  Personally....I have never kept my hands on a bar or machine for EVERY rep even from day ONE of a trainee's session.  Worried about stability?  Lower the weight.  Why start at 225 for squats then?

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2008, 04:09:55 PM »

That's how I was taught to do it, and it's been working well.