Author Topic: NFL Player: "I"m better at life than you"  (Read 12241 times)

MB

• Getbig IV
Re: NFL Player: "I"m better at life than you"
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 11:00:29 AM »
Richard Sherman may want to consider that even most football fans have no idea who he is.  He must be the most obscure top 22 player in any sport. 

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 11:02:01 AM »
Richard Sherman may want to consider that even most football fans have no idea who he is.  He must be the most obscure top 22 player in any sport. 

until last week when he has a twitter battle with Derrell Revis  ::)
getbig or getgot

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 11:21:46 AM »
Skip kept cool.   I would have responded with "Richard, where was this intelligence when you claim you accidentally drank addreall and were suspended for 4 games for violating NFL drug policy"?

Or, "Do you think you'll be able to continue playing at an elite level without the use of prescription drugs you used without a prescription?"

Or, "Do you think I'd be a better journalist if I used Adderall, and do you have any I can borrow?"

Those are great points. However its rumored that Skip is on HGH and plays the skin flute. That's why skip never wants to be personal with anyone.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 01:34:07 PM »
What has he accomplished?  Being an "all-pro" is an accomplishment?  To whom?  What benefit to anyone in this world other than himself does this accomplishment impact?
He is an entertainer, nothing fucking more.  He plays a game for a living so white people can bet on him.  he is no higher than a pittbull that people bet on or Neggers that used to fight in the pits while the masters ate huge meals.  Do these black guys think they're special playing a sport?  They are hand picked to entertain us, the superior race.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2013, 01:37:38 PM »
What has he accomplished?  Being an "all-pro" is an accomplishment?  To whom?  What benefit to anyone in this world other than himself does this accomplishment impact?
He is an entertainer, nothing fucking more.  He plays a game for a living so white people can bet on him.  he is no higher than a pittbull that people bet on or Neggers that used to fight in the pits while the masters ate huge meals.  Do these black guys think they're special playing a sport?  They are hand picked to entertain us, the superior race.

holy shit that is deep on quite a few levels.

"only difference between college and the pros is that the field hands get paid" - Steamin' Willie Beamon

I'm white and I bet all NFL season long.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2013, 01:44:37 PM »
you chimps need to stop while you are ahead.

Sherman graduated in 2010 from Stanford with a degree in Communications and returned for his final year of eligibility in order to begin a Masters degree.[/b

this dude wasn't taking the normal football player classes at Stanford, and he returned his fifth year to work on his masters.  

what the fuck are you talking about?  communications is EXACTLY the sort of "normal football player" major... ffs, have you even been to college?  comm. is by far the #1 "free degree" major in existence today.  and lol if you think "masters degree" means anything... oh no, another 3 quarters of glorified undergrad.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2013, 01:46:39 PM »
what the fuck are you talking about?  communications is EXACTLY the sort of "normal football player" major... ffs, have you even been to college?  comm. is by far the #1 "free degree" major in existence today.  and lol if you think "masters degree" means anything... oh no, another 3 quarters of glorified undergrad.

Guaranteed if he didn't play a sport when applying to any college he'd be lucky to get into McDonald's University.

TheTruth90

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Steve Marcello Arce--poster boy for stupid
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2013, 01:56:18 PM »

Also almost all Masters courses are online which Sherman could pay someone to do for him if he wanted....

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2013, 02:02:34 PM »
Heard this this morning on Cowherd. Sherman is an asshole. 24 year old talented punk.

Punk? Really...because he didnt sit there and let someone with no experience down talk his brand.. HE is no punk...he is a college graduate. From a very good school.. All while playing football at an extremely high level...

"SHUT UP BOY.. ILL SAY WHAT I WANT TO SAY ABOUT YOU.. AND IF YOU RESPOND.. YOURE A PUNK..."

Fuck skip..he was owned.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2013, 02:05:31 PM »
all you need to know is how to sign an nfl contract. they'll pass you through. maybe not with a degree. but you damn sure they'll keep you eligible.

not at stanford.. there are some schools that do.. but stanford, ga tech, vandy, ucla... yeah they dont operate like that. I understand that this kid from Compton doesnt fit your normal mold of what a black ball player with dreads from compton should be.. But fact of the matter is.. he is a college graduate from a top 10 school and did it while playing ball at a high level....and he makes more money than you ever will

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 02:15:20 PM »
We know nothing about Richard Sherman and he chooses to introduce himself to the world by saying he's better at life than Skip Bayless.  He may have wanted to think this one through a little more.  Once on video, it will never die.       

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2013, 02:15:45 PM »
not at stanford.. there are some schools that do.. but stanford, ga tech, vandy, ucla... yeah they dont operate like that. I understand that this kid from Compton doesnt fit your normal mold of what a black ball player with dreads from compton should be.. But fact of the matter is.. he is a college graduate from a top 10 school and did it while playing ball at a high level....and he makes more money than you ever will

Yes even from Standford.  It's all an illusion.  They make hundreds of millions being part of the PAC 12 and the TV contracts.  They make millions from football.  They ease the afletes through. Sure he'll make a lot of money but he'll lose all of it , no metter his edumacation.
He needs to realize that Pro sports are the same version as Slave flighting, except they get paid.  But think about it.  32 white owners sit back and bid on who gets the strongest black man.  The black man has no say where he is sold to.  If he makes a fuss the white man trades the black man for a more obediant black man.
They are then trained to hurt and maime each other for sport while they entertain millions of people that bet on them.  Sports athletes are no better than dogs.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2013, 02:16:37 PM »
Apparently Skip is a fucking douche-bag who likes to bad mouth professionals , I'm glad this kid beat Skip at his own game , shut his ass right down. At first when I heard I thought " Wow this kid is a tool " but when you take into account Skip history of baiting & bashing pros , all Richard did was beat him at his own game. Good for him.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2013, 02:17:07 PM »

Richard Sherman taking his message to his roots
Posted Mar 5, 2013

Clare Farnsworth
aaRichard Sherman always has a lot to say about a variety of topics. But the Seahawks’ All-Pro cornerback is taking his loquacious act to his old high school in Compton during a trio of stops on Wednesday.

Richard Sherman has a lot to say. But that’s OK. The Seahawks’ ebullient All-Pro cornerback likes to talk, and the Stanford-educated Sherman is good at it.

And that’s good, too, because Wednesday Sherman is taking his message to his roots as part of the “Excellence in Education” Tour in partnership with “Students With a Goal” (SWAG). In a trio of 90-minute appearances where he grew up, Sherman will speak at two high schools – Dominguez in Compton, his alma mater; and Verbum Dei in Los Angeles – as well as at the Brotherhood Crusade in L.A.

Sherman was one of those students with a goal not that long ago. Recruited out of Dominguez High by USC when Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was coaching the Trojans, Sherman opted for Stanford because, as he has put it on several occasions, “I wanted to make a statement to my city. I’m from Compton, and it’s hard for people to understand that you can be an athlete and have high academic standards and achieve high academic things. So I really wanted to make that known to people that you can go to Stanford from Compton.”

Sherman not only went to Stanford, he graduated with a degree in – what else – communications.

He’s been communicating ever since. Face-to-face. On TV. Via Twitter. Before games. During games. After games. In-season. Offseason.
Asked about the exposure for Sherman, who led the league in passes defenses (24) and tied for second in interceptions (eight) last season, Carroll smiled and offered, “It’s obvious that Richard’s got a lot of free time on his hands. I haven’t read one word that he’s said. I just see the pictures with his mouth open and I know what’s going on.”

Everyone gathered around Carroll at the Combine laughed. The Seahawks’ coach then added, “Richard knows what he’s doing. He’s having fun playing with this whole thing. He had a tremendous season. So he’s got something to stand on right now.”

Wednesday, Sherman’s stand will take him to Dominguez High in the morning, Verbum Dei High at midday and the Brotherhood Crusade in late afternoon.

“As a student-athlete, I always believed academic excellence was just as important as excellence on the football field,” Sherman said in the release announcing his whirlwind tour. “And even as a kid from Compton, I never doubted that I could turn obstacles into opportunity.”

Obstacles like shuffling between wide receiver and cornerback at Stanford, which hindered his draft status; and entering the NFL as a fifth-round draft choice by the Seahawks in 2011; and being the third option at left cornerback as a rookie before injuries to Marcus Trufant and Walter Thurmond thrust Sherman into the starting lineup.

“That’s why I’m excited about SWAG and the ‘Blueprint for Success Program,’ ” Sherman said. “Because as a “Student With a Goal,” I was able to go from Compton to Stanford to the NFL – that’s SWAG. Be a “Student With a Goal” and let your education open doors to an amazing future.”

That’s the message Sherman will deliver to the next generation. And an educated guess is that it will be punctuated by his infectious personality and driven by his gregarious gift for gab

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2013, 02:18:45 PM »
Yes even from Standford.  It's all an illusion.  They make hundreds of millions being part of the PAC 12 and the TV contracts.  They make millions from football.  They ease the afletes through. Sure he'll make a lot of money but he'll lose all of it , no metter his edumacation.
He needs to realize that Pro sports are the same version as Slave flighting, except they get paid.  But think about it.  32 white owners sit back and bid on who gets the strongest black man.  The black man has no say where he is sold to.  If he makes a fuss the white man trades the black man for a more obediant black man.
They are then trained to hurt and maime each other for sport while they entertain millions of people that bet on them.  Sports athletes are no better than dogs.
Dumbest thing ive ever read

Its just like slavery.. but you get paid....

amazing

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2013, 02:22:32 PM »

amazing

This is an argument I've personally heard black people make.  I'll be that kind of slave for 30 million over three years.
A

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2013, 02:25:05 PM »
  Ouch

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2013, 02:31:41 PM »
This is an argument I've personally heard black people make.  I'll be that kind of slave for 30 million over three years.
very dumb argument...black or white... when "mr superior race" doesnt know the difference between slavery and being paid fair market salaries....kind of fucks up his whole "im smarter because im white" claim

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2013, 02:33:15 PM »
very dumb argument...black or white... when "mr superior race" doesnt know the difference between slavery and being paid fair market salaries....kind of fucks up his whole "im smarter because im white" claim

I didn't say I believed it. 
A

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2013, 02:35:23 PM »
I didn't say I believed it. 

oh i know... i was saying its retarded when black ball players say it.. as well as when white wannabees say it

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2013, 02:36:05 PM »

amazing

what do you think 99.9% of these blacks guys would be doing if not in the NFL?
A big percent would be dead from gang violence, a bigger percentage in jail.  Stop acting like playing sports makes this world better. It doesn't.  It is for entertainment purposes only.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2013, 02:37:41 PM »
what do you think 99.9% of these blacks guys would be doing if not in the NFL?
A big percent would be dead from gang violence, a bigger percentage in jail.  Stop acting like playing sports makes this world better. It doesn't.  It is for entertainment purposes only.

Never said it did...

just a stab.. did you play sports growing up?...

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2013, 02:40:58 PM »
"I'm the top of my field. I'm All-Pro. I'm one of the best 22 players in the NFL," Sherman fired back. "You're going to brush it off, but I don't think you're the best 22 anything. In sports. In media. In anything. I think you think more of yourself than you actually can prove. I'll put it like this. In my 24 years of life, I'm better at life than you."

I'd like to see that moron say that again in 15-20 years.  My guess?  He'll be another retard with spinners on more cars than he can drive, then lose it all when he ages out of the NFL.

"Oh, Isse be bettuh at life dan you!"  Your life is just beginning, young Sherman.  And you're one game/injury away from being a fucking cripple. 

Enjoy that unwarranted arrogance while it lasts, boy.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2013, 02:41:21 PM »
Someone pay me millions of dollars and have millions of people watch me every sunday and I will be gladly considered a slave.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2013, 02:45:26 PM »
I'd like to see that moron say that again in 15-20 years.  My guess?  He'll be another retard with spinners on more cars than he can drive, then lose it all when he ages out of the NFL.

"Oh, Isse be bettuh at life dan you!"  Your life is just beginning, young Sherman.  And you're one game/injury away from being a fucking cripple. 

Enjoy that unwarranted arrogance while it lasts, boy.

Where did you graduate from....he went to Stanford...and graduated....

"unwarrented arrogance" lol