Author Topic: German Beer ...  (Read 912 times)

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
German Beer ...
« on: May 09, 2007, 01:10:23 AM »
I'll be in Chicago this coming weekend and I was looking to try some good German Beer ( I hear it's the best ! ). So far, I've been told that Paulaner and Spaten Lager are good German Beers to drink ... any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated ! Thank you.  :)

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
Re: German Beer ...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 01:33:07 AM »
Here you go, print this list out and take it with you!

http://www.ratebeer.com/RateBeerBest/table.asp?title=THE+BEST+BEERS+IN+THE+WORLD+OVERALL&file=overall_beer_2007.csv

Please not that there is not a single German beer in the top ten, or even the top 20 for that matter.

Drink Belgian beers, I recommend Duvel, Leffe and any Trappist.
It hasn't helped...

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 02:36:03 PM »
I'll be in Chicago this coming weekend and I was looking to try some good German Beer ( I hear it's the best ! ). So far, I've been told that Paulaner and Spaten Lager are good German Beers to drink ... any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated ! Thank you.  :)
hahaha those are like the Bud and Miller of german beers. try stuff from Ayinger and Weihenstephaner.
but Belgians are the best there is really, try any trappist. Rochefort 10 should be available there, its the best beer you can find in america

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 03:12:03 PM »
I thank you guys for your help ... I never knew about Belgian Beer. Time to drink !  :D