Author Topic: Ban the AR-15 from Civilian Ownership :-O  (Read 36454 times)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
Re: Ban the AR-15 from Civilian Ownership :-O
« Reply #375 on: June 23, 2016, 11:28:06 PM »
Banning guns in America is about as possible as banning Schmoes on Getbig.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #376 on: June 24, 2016, 12:42:39 AM »
Yes.   Yes it will.   Many law-abiding people will stop selling firearms in private sales.

I don't get the "people won't follow laws anyway..." 
Many of those selling guns will stop, period.

Exactly.  Just look at the success of the war on drugs.  Oh, wait...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #377 on: June 24, 2016, 09:27:02 AM »
Yes.   Yes it will.   Many law-abiding people will stop selling firearms in private sales.

I don't get the "people won't follow laws anyway..." 
Many of those selling guns will stop, period.
Lol
Weak troll attempt ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #378 on: June 24, 2016, 10:28:35 AM »
Chaos,

How long until we see some kind of "Gun settlement" designed to pay damages, educate consumers, and get votes, impose a new tax on consumers like with big tobacco?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #379 on: June 24, 2016, 11:01:52 AM »
Exactly.  Just look at the success of the war on drugs.  Oh, wait...

There are SOME people who don't use drugs because they're illegal.

Not all people respect the law but SOME do. 

Should we cancel all murder laws and live The Purge because SOME people don't follow the murder laws, either?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #380 on: June 24, 2016, 11:54:07 AM »
Chaos,

How long until we see some kind of "Gun settlement" designed to pay damages, educate consumers, and get votes, impose a new tax on consumers like with big tobacco?
Oh geez...whatever happened to natural selection?

There are SOME people who don't use drugs because they're illegal.

Not all people respect the law but SOME do. 

Should we cancel all murder laws and live The Purge because SOME people don't follow the murder laws, either?

And there are SOME people that will never obey laws. Should we strip everyone of their rights until they prove their responsible?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #381 on: June 24, 2016, 01:22:28 PM »
And there are SOME people that will never obey laws. Should we strip everyone of their rights until they prove their responsible?

What "right" is there to buy guns without paperwork?

Are you equally upset that our cars require registration?

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #382 on: June 24, 2016, 01:27:40 PM »

I can't take it anymore, I am breaking my own rule by responding to you...........

I don't see anywhere in 2A that states "as long as you have paperwork" I believe it says "shall not be infringed"

Point out in the constitution where driving is a right.........
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: June 24, 2016, 01:57:36 PM »
I can't take it anymore, I am breaking my own rule by responding to you...........

I don't see anywhere in 2A that states "as long as you have paperwork" I believe it says "shall not be infringed"

Point out in the constitution where driving is a right.........

The forefathers understood the dangers of big Govt.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #384 on: June 25, 2016, 12:26:54 AM »

There's no "right to sell to felons".   it's a thin loophole "you don't even have to ask the person if they're a felon". 

There are so many factors that can stop a person - restraining order, mental adjuct, felony records, etc.... People selling guns from trunk without a background check dont catch these.

They're not buying muskets, either...

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #385 on: June 25, 2016, 02:13:37 AM »

Because the founding fathers were intelligent people.  They understood why keeping and carrying arms is important.  They also understood that being equipped to shoot someone doesn't make you a murderer.  I think back to this famous (and likely made up) story that I posted below. Now I don't believe this "interview" ever took place but it doesn't make the point of it any less accurate.

This is an extract of an National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Army Lieutenant General Reinwald about sponsoring a Boy Scout Troop on his military installation.

Interviewer: "So, LTG Reinwald, what are you going to do with these young boys on their adventure holiday?"

LTG Reinwald: "We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting."

Interviewer: "Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?"

LTG Reinwald: "I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the range."

Interviewer: "Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?"

LTG Reinwald: "I don't see how, we will be teaching them proper range discipline before they even touch a firearm."

Interviewer: "But you're equipping them to become violent killers."

LTG Reinwald: "Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?"

End of the interview

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #386 on: June 25, 2016, 03:35:07 AM »
Because the founding fathers were intelligent people.  They understood why keeping and carrying arms is important.  They also understood that being equipped to shoot someone doesn't make you a murderer.  I think back to this famous (and likely made up) story that I posted below. Now I don't believe this "interview" ever took place but it doesn't make the point of it any less accurate.

This is an extract of an National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Army Lieutenant General Reinwald about sponsoring a Boy Scout Troop on his military installation.

Interviewer: "So, LTG Reinwald, what are you going to do with these young boys on their adventure holiday?"

LTG Reinwald: "We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting."

Interviewer: "Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?"

LTG Reinwald: "I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the range."

Interviewer: "Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?"

LTG Reinwald: "I don't see how, we will be teaching them proper range discipline before they even touch a firearm."

Interviewer: "But you're equipping them to become violent killers."

LTG Reinwald: "Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?"

End of the interview

That interview is fake. It never happened:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/reinwald.asp

https://www.truthorfiction.com/npr-reinwald/

This is fiction.  No such interview ever took place, according to NPR.  Additionally, there are other versions of the rumor that seem to have originated in Great Britain.

http://ssqq.com/archive/intern04.htm

Basically, what she said by the Urban Legends web site was that it was an interesting story, it was plausible, but it was basically a hoax. For one thing, according to their research, the US Army denied there was ever even a Lieutenant General Reinwald in the first place.
X

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #387 on: June 25, 2016, 04:43:33 AM »
That interview is fake. It never happened:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/reinwald.asp

https://www.truthorfiction.com/npr-reinwald/

This is fiction.  No such interview ever took place, according to NPR.  Additionally, there are other versions of the rumor that seem to have originated in Great Britain.

http://ssqq.com/archive/intern04.htm

Basically, what she said by the Urban Legends web site was that it was an interesting story, it was plausible, but it was basically a hoax. For one thing, according to their research, the US Army denied there was ever even a Lieutenant General Reinwald in the first place.

SF1900 -  You are a freind so please forgive me for being abrupt, but.....did you read my fucking post?  I know it isn't real.  I said as much.

Also, like I already said, it doesn't mean the point that's being made isn't 100% spot on.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #388 on: June 25, 2016, 05:22:44 AM »
SF1900 -  You are a freind so please forgive me for being abrupt, but.....did you read my fucking post?  I know it isn't real.  I said as much.

Also, like I already said, it doesn't mean the point that's being made isn't 100% spot on.

Ha I totally missed that first paragraph. My apologies!
X

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #389 on: June 25, 2016, 05:36:40 AM »
Ha I totally missed that first paragraph. My apologies!

I'd be lying if I said I'd never done that.  lol.

No worries my friend.  If anything, I admire your commitment to the truth.  A lot of fake anecdotes on the internets.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #390 on: June 25, 2016, 09:31:59 AM »

The 2nd amendment says nothing of paperwork, that's just the governments way of taxing and tracking people that buy guns.
Which amendment guarantees the right to own and drive a car?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #391 on: June 25, 2016, 08:39:48 PM »
The 2nd amendment says nothing of paperwork, that's just the governments way of taxing and tracking people that buy guns.
Which amendment guarantees the right to own and drive a car?

It could be argued that fees, paperwork and lists are simply a means to infringe on the 2nd.  Our major problem, as someone else mentioned, is that the people that are doing the infringing are the same folks who get to decide what constitutes infringement.  As long as this is going on the 2nd amendment is a fraud.

Also, if you read the 2nd amendment it states that the militia should be well regulated.  The militia, not gun ownership.  The right to keep and carry arms, on the other hand, shall not be infringed.  This is very strong language and couldn't be more clear.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #392 on: June 26, 2016, 01:24:58 AM »
in that case, why should ANY person not be allowed to carry a gun ANYWHERE?

How is it legal to tell someone they cannot carry a gun in a post office or govt building?  How can I tell an 18 year old that he cannot carry until he's 21?  How can I tell a felon - who has done his time -that he cannot have a gun?   How can you tell someone they cannot carry to schools?

Once you say "Shall not be infringed".... well, are you going to let people carry guns when they visit govt buildings now?   If you draw the line anywhere, you're infringing.   Realistically, do we let people carry AR-15s, full auto, to jury duty?   

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #393 on: June 26, 2016, 01:37:50 AM »

How is it legal to tell someone they cannot carry a gun in a post office or govt building?  How can I tell an 18 year old that he cannot carry until he's 21?  How can I tell a felon - who has done his time -that he cannot have a gun?   How can you tell someone they cannot carry to schools?

Once you say "Shall not be infringed".... well, are you going to let people carry guns when they visit govt buildings now?   If you draw the line anywhere, you're infringing.   Realistically, do we let people carry AR-15s, full auto, to jury duty?   
Yes youre right!

Once you tell a person they cannot fuck their wife in Walmart, how can you tell them they CAN FUCK THEIR WIFE IN THEIR CONDO?!

We have no right!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #394 on: June 26, 2016, 02:06:51 AM »
Banging doesn't have its own amendment saying it shall not be infringed.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #395 on: June 26, 2016, 06:15:54 AM »

It isn't, we as a society have allowed this happen
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: June 26, 2016, 06:23:22 AM »
There's no "right to sell to felons".   it's a thin loophole "you don't even have to ask the person if they're a felon". 

There are so many factors that can stop a person - restraining order, mental adjuct, felony records, etc.... People selling guns from trunk without a background check dont catch these.

They're not buying muskets, either...

So what is your point? You do realize that most of the artillery used in the open stages of the revolution was privately owned? Up until 1933 you could buy a Thompson sub machine gun full auto with a 50 round drum from the Sears catalog. It is the slow erosion of rights over time. Why shouldn't a citizen have the same access to any weapon the military has? The intention of the 2nd amendment is to keep .gov in check, but according to you, because 1% of the population is not trust worthy the other 99% should be penalized. And you do realize that anyone involved in the colonies breaking away from Britain was considered a felon.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: June 26, 2016, 02:41:43 PM »
Ban cigarettes.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #398 on: June 26, 2016, 03:13:54 PM »
SF1900 -  You are a freind
Pfff, just wait.......... ::) ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #399 on: June 27, 2016, 11:23:13 AM »

Texas Gun Nut mother went ape shit and killed daughers and pointed gun at cops who killed her quickly

http://nypost.com/2016/06/27/dont-do-this-dad-begs-wife-who-fatally-shot-daughters/

The husband of Texas killer mom Christy Sheats begged her in vain not to shoot their two daughters, a neighbor who witnessed the carnage said Sunday.

“Don’t do this, they’re our kids!” the panicked father, Jason Sheats, screamed to his wife, 42, who shot Taylor, 22, and Madison, 17, before being gunned down herself by cops.

The chilling witness account surfaced two days after the Friday massacre outside the family’s home in suburban Houston.

The officer who killed Christy feared she was about to pump still more bullets into one of the dying daughters, said the neighbor, Fazz Zainuddin.

“She walked towards the body, I think Madison, already on the ground, and I guess the cop was afraid that she was going to shoot her again,” he told local NBC affiliate KPRC.

Neighbors said the daughters were already bleeding as they ran for their lives on Remson Hollow Lane in the town of Katy, according to a local ABC affiliate.

The carnage happened on the dad’s 45th birthday.

“He was going through a difficult time,” Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls told reporters.

Photos posted to social media show medics leading the weeping father through the first moments of life without his daughters and wife.

“All I saw was the police officer aiming his rifle toward someone and saying, ‘Drop your weapons,’ and then afterward another gunshot,” neighbor Sabeeh Siddiqui told ABC.

Authorities believe the killing stemmed from an argument at the home. Neighbors told local media that the couple’s marriage was strained, though they remained shocked that something like this could happen.

“She was just such a sweet girl,” friend Matthew Wiley said of Taylor, the older daughter.

“She had tons of friends. I just can’t believe it happened.”

Photos online show the mom puckering up for selfies with the daughters, who smile broadly.

The mom was an avowed gun-rights advocate who in March posted to Facebook: “It would be horribly tragic if my ability to protect myself or my family were to be taken away,”

In a 2015 post, she wished her “girls” a “Happy Daughters Day,” writing, “My amazing, sweet, kind, beautiful, intelligent girls. I love and treasure you both more than you could ever possibly know.”