Author Topic: monosodium glutamate. the final verdict? is this bad? or doesnt matter  (Read 520 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
im needing alot of calories latley so here goes some ramen noodles looks like it has msg in it too "monosodium glutamate" ... sure im gonna wikipedia this stuff right now but maybe some of you have more insight.

i need alot of calories no matter what calories, i prefer anything that sticks thats not too much fiber so i dont have to take more than 2 shits at work

on any given day i can go through 15 packs of crackers alone wich is around 3000 alone. and now i have to walk more upright and not lean foward much when i mow because of my back, everything i gotta do upright so that means more squatting thus it will require more energy perhaps this back problem is good because i will be eating more and be more stressed out
A

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
I've heard it's caused a few extremely obese people to pass out at their tables after gorging on Chinese buffet but beyond that I'm not sure.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
ahhh so basically guys MSG was isolated from a type of sea weed

so just add some kale to your ramen noodles . in other words adding kale is basically replacing the sea weed that msg came from

stuff is perfectly fine just needs its natural buffering agent to 'complete' it for possible worrysomes over it, wich would be kale or green leaf vegetable
A

dustin

ahhh so basically guys MSG was isolated from a type of sea weed

so just add some kale to your ramen noodles . in other words adding kale is basically replacing the sea weed that msg came from

stuff is perfectly fine just needs its natural buffering agent to 'complete' it for possible worrysomes over it, wich would be kale or green leaf vegetable

Kale doesn't have glutamate that I know of, but I could be wrong. Glutamate or "umami" flavors are found in things like beef, shiitake mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, different seafoods, Chinese cabbage, etc. That's why those flavors compliment each other so well. Make a steak and what do you pair with it? Mushrooms. Make a seafood hotpot and what do you throw in it? Cabbage, mushrooms, etc.

When I have a noodle craving I usually get the good ramen noodles and throw in lots of fresh seafood, lots of Chinese veggies (I don't know the names but they're leafy greens that we grow), mushrooms, throw in a couple of eggs at the end to let them poach. Very good and very cheap. Outside of the high sodium content it's a really kick ass meal. Asian ghetto gourmet. I make this a lot in the winter and throw in lots of lemon juice from the organic lemons I grew. Maybe I should grow kale next summer. 8)