Author Topic: will Palin RESIGN?  (Read 14239 times)

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
Re: will Palin RESIGN?
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2008, 09:52:14 PM »
Anyone else - besides me - think Romney will get the official nomination on Thursday?

Yes even Ed Schultz said on Larry King that he doesnt think Sarah will make it through the convention.

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2008, 09:53:44 PM »
no, they'll almost certainly have to drop palin. 'the quicker, the better'

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2008, 09:56:36 PM »
well, no...they're saying she's 5 months pregnant.  exactly 5.5 months after the birth of the child in question.  in other words, the daughter is now on her second pregnancy

Its actually possible, the daughter could have had trig, then to cover it up, Sarah told her daughter to get knocked up again to make it look like trig could not be the daughters baby.  

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2008, 09:56:56 PM »
Yes even Ed Schultz said on Larry King that he doesnt think Sarah will make it through the convention.

But wouldn't that be worse-than-suicide politically for McCain to pick someone and then have her rejected at the convention, especially when the Republican "base" has supported her to vocally in the past few days?????

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2008, 10:04:27 PM »
But wouldn't that be worse-than-suicide politically for McCain to pick someone and then have her rejected at the convention, especially when the Republican "base" has supported her to vocally in the past few days?????

Yeh it would, so most likely wont happen, but who knows the repubs have made it this far and r almost tied in the polls with Obama, even though Bush has the lowest rating ever.   Its the poor uneducated people who are getting polled that make this race so close.  They see McCain(old white guy)  vs Obama (black scary guy), and they will simply vote for old white guy that looks like their neighbor that lives in the trailer next to them.  Its the young voters that will make or break Obama.   And with the ground support and money Obama has, he can make sure those young voters get out and vote in nov. 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2008, 10:07:18 PM »

Agree.  Unless they find a particularly stinky corpse rotting in her closet, they are stuck with her.  If such a skeleton is found, however, I'm sure they'll find some way of kicking her out which doesn't remind everyone that they screwed the pooch.  It'll probably involve Palin declining the VP nomination on the grounds that she loves Alaska too much to leave or some such bullshit.

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2008, 10:08:16 PM »
Its actually possible, the daughter could have had trig, then to cover it up, Sarah told her daughter to get knocked up again to make it look like trig could not be the daughters baby. 

i doubt that they'd have quite gone that far, especially considering that the daughter seems to get fucked easily enough on her own.  but to think that the new pregnancy somehow is proof that the original child isn't the daughter's is truly silly: she's 5 months along.. exactly 5 1/2 months after the mother's supposed birth.

perhaps they're hoping that everyone will become exhausted with keeping a scorecard, and the news will move onto other things. 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2008, 10:10:11 PM »
How old is the next youngest daughter?  Breeding age?  If so, we need an Alaskan Getbigger on the job IMMEDIATELY.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2008, 10:15:43 PM »
I see the Democrats are trying to find any story now.  So you are saying that since the daughter gave birth, exactly 2 1/2 weeks later she gets pregnant again.  Ok... keep trying to discredit Palin, but this is a new low for the Democrats. 

Amazing.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2008, 10:17:18 PM »
Yeh it would, so most likely wont happen, but who knows the repubs have made it this far and r almost tied in the polls with Obama, even though Bush has the lowest rating ever.   Its the poor uneducated people who are getting polled that make this race so close.  They see McCain(old white guy)  vs Obama (black scary guy), and they will simply vote for old white guy that looks like their neighbor that lives in the trailer next to them.  Its the young voters that will make or break Obama.   And with the ground support and money Obama has, he can make sure those young voters get out and vote in nov.  

I know you like Obama and all, but you have to admit honestly that McCain's pick of Palin was a pretty brilliant move, at least potentially.  She is hot (=appeals to most normal heterosexual males with a sex drive), she is right-leaning (=appeals to swing voters, especially in the black south, where obama can easily gain ground because of his skin color), and she is the epitome of the suburban soccer mom, though admittedly a hotter version of that stereotype.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2008, 10:18:50 PM »
I see the Democrats are trying to find any story now.  So you are saying that since the daughter gave birth, exactly 2 1/2 weeks later she gets pregnant again.  Ok... keep trying to discredit Palin, but this is a new low for the Democrats. 

Amazing.

Hi Mr. Palin

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2008, 10:21:12 PM »
I know you like Obama and all, but you have to admit honestly that McCain's pick of Palin was a pretty brilliant move, at least potentially.  She is hot (=appeals to most normal heterosexual males with a sex drive), she is right-leaning (=appeals to swing voters, especially in the black south, where obama can easily gain ground because of his skin color), and she is the epitome of the suburban soccer mom, though admittedly a hotter version of that stereotype.

wrong again panda ::)

Most of the women they interviewed didn't give a fuck about her.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2008, 10:23:47 PM »

Was thinking the same thing.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2008, 10:24:49 PM »
Repubs always beat down dems saying they dont stand for good family values, well looks like this one has turned around and bit them in the ass.

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2008, 10:26:23 PM »
I see the Democrats are trying to find any story now.

looks like they found one hell of a story, yep.

So you are saying that since the daughter gave birth, exactly 2 1/2 weeks later she gets pregnant again.

it happens all the time.  her own mother had four kids while still in her early thirties.

Ok... keep trying to discredit Palin.

no thanks. she's doing a fine job of it herself

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2008, 10:26:56 PM »

Not too sure on that. The epitome of a soccer mom is putting your kids first - not having a special needs baby, other young kids, a pregnant teenager who needs her mom now - but deciding to focus your efforts on a VP race which involves alot of travel and not being with your kids.

That may not sit well with some moms/women, and stuff I am reading and hearing tells me this also.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2008, 10:31:09 PM »
I cant wait tell a reporter asks Sarah, why she decided to accept the vp spot, knowing that her daughter was pregnant, and knew that the media would pick her daughter apart, and her family.  This just shows a lack of moral judgement, that Sarah put herself before her family. Bristols life is over, she will be mocked in school, and the media will be all over her, all thanks to Mom :-\

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2008, 10:34:06 PM »
wrong again panda ::)

Most of the women they interviewed didn't give a fuck about her.

As hard as it may be for you, try to resist the urge to reply to every damn post I make.  It's starting to get creepy.

Not too sure on that. The epitome of a soccer mom is putting your kids first - not having a special needs baby, other young kids, a pregnant teenager who needs her mom now - but deciding to focus your efforts on a VP race which involves alot of travel and not being with your kids.

That may not sit well with some moms/women, and stuff I am reading and hearing tells me this also.

Excellent points, CQ.  The only thing I would say in response is that I'm not sure if most "stereotypical" soccer moms would think things through to the point you have.  On the surface, she seems to be perfect in a lot of ways.  In terms of raw political experience, she of course is in lacking, of course.  But I wonder how much of a difference that will really make among most staunchly conservative voters.  I suspect most republicans are more anti-Obama than they are pro-McCain/Palin.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2008, 10:34:38 PM »

I can see it now, moms gossiping in salons across America.  Saying, " my daughter would never do something like Sarah's daughter"  "Can't she raise her kids right".  U know how bitchy some women can get towards other women.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2008, 10:36:18 PM »
Repubs always beat down dems saying they dont stand for good family values, well looks like this one has turned around and bit them in the ass.

I don't really care how much the daughter likes the cock.  I wouldn't condemn Palin as a bad parent because her kid got pregnant.  My principal concerns are:

1. Did Palin abuse her authority as Gov to extract personal payback on the ex bro-in-law?
2. Did she show incredibly poor judgement and a willingness to lie to the American public, and cover up lies, with this highly suspect pregnancy fiasco?
3. Her inexperience.

It's not a question of trying to discredit her or find any story on her.  These are simply things that should be looked into.  

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2008, 10:38:29 PM »
Anyone else - besides me - think Romney will get the official nomination on Thursday?

make the bet on intrade.com  $100 would go a long way with the odds they have now.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2008, 10:42:20 PM »

Good point!

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2008, 10:44:14 PM »
As hard as it may be for you, try to resist the urge to reply to every damn post I make.  It's starting to get creepy.

You know Im right.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2008, 10:45:53 PM »
I cant wait tell a reporter asks Sarah, why she decided to accept the vp spot, knowing that her daughter was pregnant, and knew that the media would pick her daughter apart, and her family.  This just shows a lack of moral judgement, that Sarah put herself before her family. Bristols life is over, she will be mocked in school, and the media will be all over her, all thanks to Mom :-\

Something tells me she won't be going back to school.  ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2008, 10:47:53 PM »

It sits fine with me though.  A woman has just as much of a right to pursue political aspirations as a man.  Would anyone ever blame a man for spending less time with his kids to go into politics?  

I've got a few objections to Palin which hinge on the outcome of further investigation, but being a bad mother isn't one of them.  I'm more concerned with her being a bad person in general and a crappy VP.