Author Topic: Random weekly picture from your real life thread  (Read 189820 times)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Re: Random weekly picture from your real life thread
« Reply #425 on: October 28, 2014, 06:08:55 PM »
The Pacific ocean from our hotel balcony today in Cannon Beach, OR.  The big rock in the one photo is Haystack Rock, It is a landmark here.

It is also my mom's gravestone of sorts. Thirty years ago, my sisters and I tossed her ashes in the ocean right in front of Haystack Rock. It's illegal to do that these days.

Just got another great shot of the sunset from our balcony. I'll post this later.

Illegal to toss ashes where you want? Seems like a law with no real benefit...

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #426 on: October 28, 2014, 08:33:54 PM »
This was a day out in Khao Yai National park...

1 - This is at about 2300 feet/700 meters at 7:30am - it was actually cool, with very low cloud cover, presumably coming up from the rain forest.
2 - Plenty of wildlife to see - my wife freaks out about snakes, so it's always good to see some. She almost fainted when I took this... I believe it's a White Lipped Pit Viper. Poisonous but not usually fatal.
3 - This waterfall is 200ft/60 meters. It seemed a lot bigger in real life but I guess the thundering sound of the water helps with the whole ambiance of the place.
4 - No-one told us about the leeches. Guess we should have figured with everyone walking around with their ankles wrapped up. Must not let my daughter twist my arm about suitable footwear again.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #427 on: October 28, 2014, 08:39:18 PM »
1 - Elephant crossing sign. Things like this still make me laugh, even after 16 or so years here.
2 - This monkey obviously not giving a fuck that he's in my way.
3 - This is the location/elevation. The max we got to was about 2600ft/800 meters. Not really high but still took a lot of the edge off the weather. The hotel was at 1250ft/390 meters and was down in the low teens (centigrade) at night. This made the pool a challenge.
4 - And of course, the view - this was at noon. Shot 1 from the previous post was made from the same spot looking back from here. Every morning it's low cloud cover here but by noon it's all gone.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #428 on: October 28, 2014, 08:45:05 PM »
1 - Probably the best thing about the park is the roads.  No pot holes, just long open roads. Some of them very curvy but lots of fun for driving. Unlike the drive back which was 5 hours to do the 180km back to Bangkok on Sunday night. It was a long weekend in Thailand and every damn car in the jams had Bangkok number plates. Reminds me of the M4 into London on a Sunday night.

2 - I love these water monitors. When I'm cycling, they are often in the bushes by the canals. When they see you, they scamper off. First you know is that it sounds like an elephant is running in the bushes next to you. They are harmless, but first glance at one in front of you always makes you think "crocodile"...

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #429 on: October 28, 2014, 11:27:09 PM »
The Pacific ocean from our hotel balcony today in Cannon Beach, OR.  The big rock in the one photo is Haystack Rock, It is a landmark here.

It is also my mom's gravestone of sorts. Thirty years ago, my sisters and I tossed her ashes in the ocean right in front of Haystack Rock. It's illegal to do that these days.

Just got another great shot of the sunset from our balcony. I'll post this later.

I love riding my bike on the 101 and love Cannon Beach... now when I see the rock I'll say a prayer for your moms bro out of respect.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: October 29, 2014, 12:08:21 AM »
I love riding my bike on the 101 and love Cannon Beach... now when I see the rock I'll say a prayer for your moms bro out of respect.

We spread her ashes there because she loved the beach....she would have preferred a warmer climate and one where the sun shines more of the time, but this was closer for us to visit her every now and again.

If you see a thin attractive blond lady with tanned skin laying on the beach sunning herself in a bikini, it is probably my mom's spirit.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: November 05, 2014, 04:56:51 AM »
We spread her ashes there because she loved the beach....she would have preferred a warmer climate and one where the sun shines more of the time, but this was closer for us to visit her every now and again.

If you see a thin attractive blond lady with tanned skin laying on the beach sunning herself in a bikini, it is probably my mom's spirit.

Whoops I think I banged your mom's spirit bro sorry.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: November 05, 2014, 02:46:31 PM »
Whoops I think I banged your mom's spirit bro sorry.

Don't be sorry unless she/her spirit didn't enjoy it.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #433 on: December 17, 2014, 08:11:07 AM »
A girlie xmas cup cake I had yesterday, tasted just as feminine as it looked, had to take a nolva pill after:

S

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #434 on: December 17, 2014, 10:18:04 AM »
This was a day out in Khao Yai National park...

2 - Plenty of wildlife to see - my wife freaks out about snakes, so it's always good to see some. She almost fainted when I took this... I believe it's a White Lipped Pit Viper. Poisonous but not usually fatal.
4 - No-one told us about the leeches. Guess we should have figured with everyone walking around with their ankles wrapped up. Must not let my daughter twist my arm about suitable footwear again.

It sounds/looks like some sort of boots are in order there.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: January 11, 2015, 03:50:24 PM »
Me on last day of virginity haha

What did the new wife make of her clumsy butter face in the sack then?

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #436 on: June 21, 2015, 05:09:15 AM »

1am wallpapering of peace on Saturday  ::)

were you redecorating your granny's living room?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: November 30, 2016, 12:14:46 PM »
The dog in front of the fire

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: December 25, 2016, 01:22:12 PM »

thats the size of living room associated with a miner's 2 up, 2 down terrace

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: December 25, 2016, 01:44:09 PM »
thats the size of living room associated with a miner's 2 up, 2 down terrace

Close, traditional 1930s house, the rooms are actually quite spacious and is the reason I sought out a old house to do up.
You must live in a mansion I take it?

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: December 25, 2016, 01:50:04 PM »
Close, traditional 1930s house, the rooms are actually quite spacious and is the reason I sought out a old house to do up.
You must live in a mansion I take it?

No I live in Fulham, everything is small there.

Why did you wall paper the windows, so the bailiffs cant see if you are in?

Your house looks so small, I recon your Mrs processed food power dumps stink it out for a good half an hour, right?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: December 25, 2016, 02:02:17 PM »

Your house looks so small, I recon your Mrs processed food power dumps stink it out for a good half an hour, right?

Those are blinds, never had balifs at the door and never will as never had debt appart from mortgages, it's normally the more snobbish types who believe they are 'upper class' when their latest excuse for not working disguised as a 'business venture' goes tits up.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: December 25, 2016, 02:07:55 PM »
Those are blinds, never had balifs at the door and never will as never had debt appart from mortgages, it's normally the more snobbish types who believe they are 'upper class' when their latest excuse for not working disguised as a 'business venture' goes tits up.

you define your life based around stereo types. as such you will end up as compo

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: December 25, 2016, 02:09:10 PM »
you define your life based around stereo types. as such you will end up as compo

What the fuck is compo?

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: December 25, 2016, 02:24:18 PM »

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: December 25, 2016, 02:56:53 PM »

Would prefer to end up like rab c Nesbit to be honest

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: December 25, 2016, 11:01:37 PM »

Nice antique fireplace.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: December 26, 2016, 02:10:02 AM »
Nice antique fireplace.

It's a replica and runs on gas instead of coal, previous owner had ripped all fireplaces out and replaced with horrible cheap modern types, love older fashioned houses and the more traditional look so got a look a like one

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #448 on: December 26, 2016, 03:11:32 AM »
It's a replica and runs on gas instead of coal, previous owner had ripped all fireplaces out and replaced with horrible cheap modern types, love older fashioned houses and the more traditional look so got a look a like one

You also like purple and beige but that has nothing to do with taste.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: December 26, 2016, 03:28:23 AM »
You also like purple and beige but that has nothing to do with taste.

I have no concern about colours/decor that's a feminine endeavour it makes no odds to me, the woman picks that