Author Topic: 10 of 10  (Read 2875 times)

Lugar

• Getbig IV
10 of 10
« on: March 16, 2007, 06:32:45 AM »
Anyone ever try anything close to the 10 of 10 with power movements for a day?

like 10 sets 10 reps.......

Hang clean
Deads
Bench

I benched yesterday, so that might be a problem........squats on Sunday but I could prob do them light today

or high pulls

deads
squats
hang clean

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
Re: 10 of 10
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 06:42:57 AM »
I like to focus my energy on power movements, therefore I only do one particular one in a workout, I also only do 3 working sets.  If you're doing that many reps and sets on a power excercise means you're not using it as a power movement, if that makes sense.
It hasn't helped...

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 06:48:45 AM »
I like to focus my energy on power movements, therefore I only do one particular one in a workout, I also only do 3 working sets.  If you're doing that many reps and sets on a power excercise means you're not using it as a power movement, if that makes sense.

Damn fine post sir. If you're able to perform POWER movements for what READS as 10 sets of 10 reps for a particular exercise...

you're dicking around too much and not really working. You should have to be carried out of the gym if you're really putting forth 100% when doing that.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 07:19:44 AM »
so if you wanted to incorporate a power lifting day using hang cleans, bench, deads, push press, etc what would be a good mass routine?

5 sets of 6?  at maybe 75% of 1 rep max?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 07:21:54 AM »
You should be using them on their respective "muscle group" days anyway is what I'd recommend..not just doing your typical workout WITH a day like this. Unless you're juiced to the gills, I can see that leading to over training and even if you're capable of doing them. You won't be able to put max effort into each one. Talk about a taxing day.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 07:26:39 AM »
Understand....but I am just looking for an additional day, an aux da using only the big lifts....what about something like 5 of 6 with 50-75 of 1 rep max?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 07:29:51 AM »
Understand....but I am just looking for an additional day, an aux da using only the big lifts....what about something like 5 of 6 with 50-75 of 1 rep max?

Why not try it. It'll either work or it won't. Experimentation is all apart of it. If you start to lose strength, etc. then it's a bust. If you start gaining well screw what everyone else says and stick with it. You'll find out quick wether or not it's the right thing to do if you're doing to do it. I'd suggest starting out with some 5x5 with a powerlifting day like that just for kicks and go from there. I'm not an expert on this subject so I'd ask around and maybe take this to the PL forum too.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 08:07:31 AM »
why would one day make me lose strength/????

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 08:25:13 AM »
YOU'RE KILLING ME SMALLS!!!!!

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 08:39:32 AM »
if you are gonna post something like that, you need to support it SMALLS.......saying Ill lose strength by using an aux day???    Is idiotic.......

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 08:44:46 AM »
if you are gonna post something like that, you need to support it SMALLS.......saying Ill lose strength by using an aux day???    Is idiotic.......

Look bud. From all your posts you fill this place up with. It's as if you can't connect the dots accordingly sometimes. If I've got to explain WHY I feel like after all the other shit you do, why you could possibly over train by throwing in ANOTHER day of just powerlifting, you better just find a fucking in house trainer to hold your damn hand all day before you lose interest or hurt your damn self.  Pay attention and more people will be more apt to give you advice. Half the shit I read from you. It's as if you're just talking to yourself. Get a clue man.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 08:52:17 AM »
YEP..OK....I'll get a clue....lol..........you stoned? 

All you had to say was, that was a dumb thing to say, lose strength......btw - I only train 4x a week....chill.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 08:55:05 AM »
YEP..OK....I'll get a clue....lol..........you stoned? 

All you had to say was, that was a dumb thing to say, lose strength......btw - I only train 4x a week....chill.

I love the enthusiasm you bring to the table bro. IT's a great thing that you're trying to get all the knowledge you can as quick as you can. But my god man some of your shit you post is a fucking WHIPPIN to read over and over again. Search first, read some of the training logs posted..even MINE is up there now for any kind of reference. ALot of this stuff though is common sense. It's why I said experiment in the OTHER thread on the SAME topic you've already got posted.

No I'm not stoned though this friday would go alot smoother if I was.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 09:01:41 AM »
Yeah....Me too...if I were stoned.......lets forget this ever happened............I think you are still pissed about your binge........relax.....h ave a good weekend.......

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 09:02:37 AM »
Yeah....Me too...if I were stoned.......lets forget this ever happened............I think you are still pissed about your binge........relax.....h ave a good weekend.......

Good deal.