Author Topic: "Pushups are as good as benches if progressive resistance is used."  (Read 7150 times)

2big4u

• Getbig II
Re: "Pushups are as good as benches if progressive resistance is used."
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2007, 01:16:08 PM »
i did pushups with weights on my back for about 6 months a few years back and i got pretty good results but not like the results i get from benching.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2007, 04:29:24 PM »
How about there's not a single person in the world that made an impressive chest doing push ups alone? Apparantely adding enough resistance is a MAJOR problem and like I said it's neither realistic or practical.

If that's not a convincing argument for benches over pushups I don't know what is.

Again our moderator can't actually come up with a viable explanation in several attempts now, other than supporting what i've said about pushups being comparable for size as long as resistance is increased.

The funniest thing is that guys like this love chins, why because they're widely publicized and because he read it in a book or mag somewhere. Chins like pushups are calisthenics, but because the masses and this guy don't make the connection and just go with what books prescribe, they don't have the imagination to comprehend it's the same deal in creating size as long as the resistance is sufficient. ;D

OWNED

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2007, 04:47:02 PM »
Again our moderator can't actually come up with a viable explanation in several attempts now, other than supporting what i've said about pushups being comparable for size as long as resistance is increased.

The funniest thing is that guys like this love chins, why because they're widely publicized and because he read it in a book or mag somewhere. Chins like pushups are calisthenics, but because the masses and this guy don't make the connection and just go with what books prescribe, they don't have the imagination to comprehend it's the same deal in creating size as long as the resistance is sufficient. ;D

OWNED

1. You failed to name one person that brought up a fantastic chest from doing pushups alone. That proves its inefficiency.
2. Adding sufficient resistance isn't a minor problem. it's a major one. It's so big that it disqualifies pushups alltogether.
Z

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 05:24:23 PM »

You might want to check out This Mans PLing Totals....

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2007, 05:32:48 PM »
1. You failed to name one person that brought up a fantastic chest from doing pushups alone. That proves its inefficiency.
2. Adding sufficient resistance isn't a minor problem. it's a major one. It's so big that it disqualifies pushups alltogether.

Click my 1st link. The guys is a very accomplished PLer. Doing strap pushups in the cage off strap.
Very unstable. Force a lot of stabalizers into play.
He is not wasting his time.

Check out his lifts and Totals. ;)
Assistance movements make or break in his game.

The fact HE CANT use much weight tells you what a BITCH  they are to do.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2007, 05:40:43 PM »
the guy looks like he would be outta breath getting down on his knees no matter what the exercise.
Z

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2007, 05:42:01 PM »

You might want to check out This Mans PLing Totals....

Very interesting. Nice link.
As empty as paradise

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2007, 05:51:07 PM »
Very interesting. Nice link.

THose strap PU's look like a Bitch!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2007, 11:52:49 PM »

You prove over and over again that you are a waste of air with this shit, again shooting blanks with no real content.

In fact you've confirmed you know shit about training, having started this asinine thread with outrageous claims about pushups, claims that have since been modified in your posts. Followed by your inability to make the case about anything-the onus was on you genius, not me LOL

Thank you for burying yourself, i enjoyed your humiliation.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2007, 11:55:03 PM »
Click my 1st link. The guys is a very accomplished PLer. Doing strap pushups in the cage off strap.
Very unstable. Force a lot of stabalizers into play.
He is not wasting his time.

Check out his lifts and Totals. ;)
Assistance movements make or break in his game.

The fact HE CANT use much weight tells you what a BITCH  they are to do.

Trab confirming that bluto is a troll masquerading as a moderator, who started this thread only to make fun of someone, could not substantiate the claim and ended up humiliated. ;D

Bluto should continue to exercise his immaturity with more obsessive threads about me on the main board that i won't bother to read, that are bumped by 4-5 dweebs with no lives.

Hope this helps LOL

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2007, 03:20:04 AM »
You prove over and over again that you are a waste of air with this shit, again shooting blanks with no real content.

In fact you've confirmed you know shit about training, having started this asinine thread with outrageous claims about pushups, claims that have since been modified in your posts. Followed by your inability to make the case about anything-the onus was on you genius, not me LOL

Thank you for burying yourself, i enjoyed your humiliation.

That reply didn't make a lot of sense. But we can clearly see that you have given up on the flys discussion and are unable to comment on it, you were schooled and owned there and overwhelmed by the logical reasoning and facts I presented and now the same thing happens to the pushups vs benches.

Adding bold to your comments doesn't make your arguments any stronger. It just looks desperate.
Z

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2007, 03:26:17 AM »
Someone starting a thread should be the first to provide input including a rationale behind an opinion.

monster moderator envy...

push ups are NOT as effective for building chest strength and size as presses... end of argument

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2007, 03:29:59 AM »
Trab confirming that bluto is a troll masquerading as a moderator, who started this thread only to make fun of someone, could not substantiate the claim and ended up humiliated. ;D

Bluto should continue to exercise his immaturity with more obsessive threads about me on the main board that i won't bother to read, that are bumped by 4-5 dweebs with no lives.

Hope this helps LOL

I've proved in this thread that your claim "pushups are as good as benches" is ludicrous, unrealistic and pointless. In no way does Trab's link show otherwise.
You make fun of you, by making suchs claims in the first place.

Why don't you fly down to Metroflex gym and tell Ronnie to give up benchpressing?

"Yeah buddy, nothing but pushups! Pushups are as good as benches! WOOO-OOO light weights baby, pushups baby!"
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2007, 03:37:34 AM »
"Pushups eh... I wonder if I can superset that with the Boxflex. Look out Cutler!"
Z

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2007, 06:06:31 PM »

this is your friend trab who is on record admitting to have used steroids to help with a pressure working contract?

he's also the guy who though earning 20k was a lot of money?

:-\

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2007, 06:31:05 PM »

this is your friend trab who is on record admitting to have used steroids to help with a pressure working contract?

he's also the guy who though earning 20k was a lot of money?

:-\

Yeah I use steroids Got a problem with that?

$20,000.oo in a MONTH!  Baby boy. I doubt you'll ever pull  that much in a month- child.