Author Topic: "Lower chest", do you hit it?  (Read 6308 times)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: "Lower chest", do you hit it?
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 03:08:45 AM »
hahhahahaa... maaaaaaaaaan i reallllly likeee youuu soooooooooooooo much..

i really mean it my friend and to the hell go the homos who may misunderstand me ;D

Geez, get a room you two.......

:D
No doubt about it...

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 03:14:06 AM »
hahhahahaa... maaaaaaaaaan i reallllly likeee youuu soooooooooooooo much..

i really mean it my friend and to the hell go the homos who may misunderstand me ;D

its mutual friend  8)
175lbs by 31st July

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 03:15:36 AM »
Geez, get a room you two.......

:D

look who is talking  :-\

SuperMike3288

• Getbig III
  • Up, up, and away!
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 10:29:15 AM »
really??  :-\ but the experts of bodybuilding.com agree with me:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ridgely8.htm

I think two said the same thing... one said keep your legs back and the other said keep your body in "front" of you as opposed to being behind. If you keep your legs back your body is naturally going to go forward. No need to argue!
Intensity; the measure of man

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 10:40:26 AM »

I think two said the same thing... one said keep your legs back and the other said keep your body in "front" of you as opposed to being behind. If you keep your legs back your body is naturally going to go forward. No need to argue!

you are right man and i noticed this too but that groink guy started his reply to my comment with (wrong answer)!! so i didnt read the rest of what he wrote well thinking he didnt know a shit about the sport and wanted to help him with that link i posted ;D

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 05:13:50 PM »
whats the main advantage of decline movements? is it strictly to shape the lower part of the chest and/or does it give you strength and size gains?

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009, 08:01:21 PM »
where do you lower the bar to? i dont feel it in my chest when lowering it to my sternum area, but when i bring it down to the top of my pecs, close to my neck, then i really start to feel it in my chest...and make sure your pushing your chin down into neck/chest
Never tried lowering to that position, maybe i'll give it a go.
I am a big baby

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009, 03:01:19 AM »
studies show that a decline press activates more of the pec muscle fibres than flat or incline.

so decline = best chest builder.
175lbs by 31st July

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2009, 03:14:43 AM »
studies show that a decline press activates more of the pec muscle fibres than flat or incline.

so decline = best chest builder.

but did you ever hear that the decline bench press could be dangerous specially with heavy weights??.. because while doing it a lot of blood is concentrated in your head!!.. I am not sure if this is true,.. i myself consider it one of the lot of false training rumours..

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2009, 03:16:59 AM »
but did you ever hear that the decline bench press could be dangerous specially with heavy weights??.. because while doing it a lot of blood is concentrated in your head!!.. I am not sure if this is true,.. i myself consider it one of the lot of false training rumours..

i have never heard that but i suppose it makes sense, although you could say that about any movement that requires intra abdominal pressure. I know my face goes red from blood pressure when doing most heavy lifts, especially deads and squats.
175lbs by 31st July

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 03:34:56 AM »
i have never heard that but i suppose it makes sense, although you could say that about any movement that requires intra abdominal pressure. I know my face goes red from blood pressure when doing most heavy lifts, especially deads and squats.

very true.. i also once read that it's not good to strongly grasp the grips of the leg press machine while pressing in order not to increase the blood pressure specially when you press vertically..

heretostay13

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 06:28:02 AM »

Personally I just don't like the feel of a decline press. Perhaps if I gave it time and did it regularly it wouldn't feel so odd. For me, failure happens quick...and by that I mean it just comes out of nowhere. I'll be absolutely killing a set when all of a sudden that 6-7 rep feels like a truck on my chest. I just don't like the feeling of possibly dropping weight on my throat. I just stick with chest focused dips.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2009, 09:52:34 AM »
Personally I just don't like the feel of a decline press. Perhaps if I gave it time and did it regularly it wouldn't feel so odd. For me, failure happens quick...and by that I mean it just comes out of nowhere. I'll be absolutely killing a set when all of a sudden that 6-7 rep feels like a truck on my chest. I just don't like the feeling of possibly dropping weight on my throat. I just stick with chest focused dips.
I always got that same feeling as well.
I am a big baby

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2009, 03:28:16 PM »
I always do declines.....but on a smith machine....go heavy