Author Topic: .  (Read 2251 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« on: December 27, 2005, 06:26:42 PM »

S

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Back Routine.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 06:56:45 PM »
Ben,

Looks good. I'd suggest leaving the sets exactly as you have them, and just switch amongst different exercises once in a while:

-If you want to add BB rows, remove one of the other rowing motions. IMO T-bars are a classic, comparable or better than BB rows, and less hard on the back-it's the best rowing movement IMO, along with Hammer machine rows, another one you should do as an alternative if possible.

-Do lat pulldowns. For variety, switch them with chins.

-Also try bent arm DB pullovers, one of the few real isolation lat exercises; they're great. You're already doing 2 rowing exercises, so substitute this for one of them and see what you think.

-On deads, ensure that the lower back is very well warmed up. I would do them last. A safer alternative is weighted hyperextensions, IMO.

-Experiment with different grip widths and handles-try close grip & medium grip pulldowns and chins, they're just as good as wide-grips. Also try different grips-hands facing together, hands facing away and towards you.

-To progress, ensure that at least the last set of each exercise includes some cheats, partials or rest-pause reps after you reach failure.

Later on when you reach a plateau, try supersetting a rowing and pulldown exercise for a few weeks or months.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 07:31:06 PM »
I like that workout. You could do t-bar/bb rows on alternating weeks. Also, I'd do the deads for 5 sets of 5 instead of 3 sets of 8 and do them first.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 08:16:57 PM »
Do deads last-it's a totally separate area, the lower back. If you do them first, the lower back will be hard pressed to take the strain of rows.

In addition, deadlifts are one of the most dangerous exercises as far as injury, so doing them last will help warm up the area from the other exercises, first.