Author Topic: hitting ultimate muscular failure and sometimes no soreness?  (Read 7233 times)

Xecutioner

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: hitting ultimate muscular failure and sometimes no soreness?
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2006, 10:31:11 AM »
As far as muscle soreness is concerned, my training partners and I experienced the same thing. All around the same time. Regardless of what new technique we implemented or how hard we pushed ourselves, we could no longer get sore, for the life of us. I'd be curious to know what the reason for this could be.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2006, 10:34:03 AM »
maybe your body is adapting to the workout?  ???  ;D

or you're not smoking enough pot and drinking enough beer...

dude..seriously...mr.get big secrets revealed right here ladies and gentlemen!  8)

Xecutioner

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2006, 12:58:32 PM »
Adaptation was our initial assumption, hence the changes in the workout. These changes, however, resulted in no additional soreness. Perhaps I'll try the beer and smokes  ;D ;)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2006, 01:39:02 PM »
Adaptation was our initial assumption, hence the changes in the workout. These changes, however, resulted in no additional soreness.

change rep ranges, try rest pause, drop sets, etc....

change more than just the exercises and/or order of exercises...

8)

Xecutioner

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2006, 01:25:10 PM »
change rep ranges, try rest pause, drop sets, etc....

change more than just the exercises and/or order of exercises...

8)

We had incorporated drop sets, negatives, less rest time, altered our rep ranges, numerous things. Nothing seemed to work. I came to believe that this was just something that happened after you'd been hard at it for a while. :)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2006, 01:44:22 PM »
We had incorporated drop sets, negatives, less rest time, altered our rep ranges, numerous things. Nothing seemed to work. I came to believe that this was just something that happened after you'd been hard at it for a while. :)

Very odd...

9 years and i get sore after 90% of my workouts...

8)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006, 04:39:17 PM »
not being sore the day after working out is fine...in fact for me that is normal, ...it seems that the lactic acid doesnt cause any pain untill two days after i workout...and then it sowly drains as the muscle repairs....

if i wasnt getting sore at all, i would try working out all my muscles every day, because if they arent sore, than they are already repaired....and i could put on muscle like nobodies business.

but thats me &&& how my body works.....dont know about you guys. 

i suggest you just turn up the intensity up a bit.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

runnerbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2006, 08:29:09 PM »
i swear when im 50 ill probably have to workout 5 hours of drop sets and negatives to even get sore

If I did 5 hours of any exercise (except running of course  :-*), I would be in traction--LOL.

If you all think soreness is a criteria for a good workout-- then just change up your routine-- and it will happen. Try something else ---with bands or medicine balls and do more functional moves-- Do rest pause-- that always gets me!

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2006, 03:30:47 AM »
change your workouts around keep a diary SORENESS IS KEY! we love it! as bodybuilders we must get DOMS IMO
-drop sets
-10 sets method
-volume
-intensity
just get DOMS if it doesn't work change it around so you get SORE because we instinctively wake up in the morning if it hurts it was a good workout
Good Luck and get  sore its key!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2006, 06:23:53 AM »
I used to not get as sore in my Lats when i did back workouts....

So before back day...which is ussually Chest day...I do 50 chins...then go into chest..this is what Victor Martienez has been doing for a while...It works everytime...

Whatever muscle group isnt getting sore, just hit  one exercise 4 sets a day before you concentrate on it.

L