Author Topic: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020  (Read 424034 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020
« Reply #550 on: July 15, 2019, 07:33:32 PM »
BIDEN SUPPORT SLIPS BELOW 30 PERCENT IN NEW POLL

Former Vice President Joe Biden's support in the latest Hill-HarrisX poll of Democratic voters has fallen below 30 percent, his lowest mark in the survey so far.

The poll, released on Monday, found that 29 percent of likely Democratic primary voters support Biden as their first choice for president, while 16 percent back Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

This marks a 4-point drop for Biden from an identical poll conducted two weeks ago and immediately following the first 2020 Democratic debates. It also represents a 17-point drop from when same poll was first conducted in May, a month after Biden formally launched his campaign bid.

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) retained their spots, with Harris getting 11 percent and Warren trailing close behind at 9 percent.

South Bend, Ind. Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who ranked as high as third place at one earlier poll, slipped to sixth place, garnering just 1 percent of support.

Former Texas Congressman Beto O'Rourke, who has been lagging in national polls over the last few months, notched up 2 points to 3 percent.

A large number of respondents, 17 percent, were undecided.

The poll can be viewed as another setback for Biden, whose campaign has been grappling with attacks on his civil rights record in recent weeks.

Harris and Biden went head-to-head last month on the second night of the first Democratic presidential debates, where she confronted him on his past comments about working with segregationists senators and his past opposition to school busing.

The California senator saw a bump in a number of polls — including the Hill’s own Hill-HarrisX survey — following the confrontation.

Yet the poll continues to show Biden with a double digit lead over Sanders, and he has more than twice the support of Harris and more than three times the support of Warren to this point.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/453142-biden-slips-below-30-percent-among-2020-democrats

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #551 on: July 15, 2019, 07:35:15 PM »
He will be 90 years old in May.

Gravel meets donor threshold to qualify for Democratic primary debate

Former U.S. senator Mike Gravel started the second phase of his Democratic presidential campaign Saturday after meeting one of the qualifications needed to appear on the debate stage.

Activists campaigning for Mr. Gravel planned to begin pressuring the Democratic National Committee to include the octogenarian in an upcoming debate after receiving contributions from 65,000 unique donors as of Friday, clearing a DNC-imposed threshold to qualify days since nearly throwing in the towel.

“Now that we have reached the requisite number of donors, it is up to the DNC to show their commitment to a fair and open nominating process and include Sen. Gravel in the July debate,” said David Oks, Mr. Gravel’s campaign manager.

The Alaska Democrat has failed to meet another qualification needed to participate in an official Democratic Party presidential debate, however. In addition to receiving 65,000 unique donations, the DNC requires candidates to poll at 1% or above three DNC-approved polls.

“The campaign has retained counsel and is currently in talks with the DNC over the validity of the polling method of qualification, given that well over half of DNC’s approved polls methodically and consistently excluded Sen. Gravel despite the campaign’s documented, repeated outreach to both pollsters and the DNC for inclusion,” said Mr. Oks.

“If the DNC were to exclude us, the campaign is also developing contingency plans that would allow us to spread our vital message,” he added. “We kept our receipts, we have retained legal counsel. Our goal in this campaign has always been to shift the conversation, and we will persist in doing so.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/13/mike-gravel-2020-candidate-meets-donor-threshold-n/

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #552 on: July 15, 2019, 08:37:45 PM »
Finally somebody to make Sleepy Joe look youthful. Brilliant.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #553 on: July 16, 2019, 05:21:10 AM »
The Last thing I need is Help from You.
No worries I’ll keep an eye out that you’ve got all the correct facts
And can Back up what you say with the relevant statistical breakdown when required
& you’re able to Post it as it’s only what you Expect of others.

No following this at all.

He was saying that Swalwell was so stupid, once he was removed from the group of candidates, the remaining group as a whole gets smarter by default.

It was a joke about Swalwell's stupidity.
Y

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #554 on: July 16, 2019, 07:27:59 AM »
Swalwell was a total douchebag in the debate.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #555 on: July 16, 2019, 12:39:56 PM »
 :)

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #556 on: July 16, 2019, 02:15:07 PM »
"Pass the torch!  Pass the torch!"

Douchebag.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #557 on: July 16, 2019, 02:39:02 PM »
"Pass the torch!  Pass the torch!"

Douchebag.

lol.  This is the same person who, with a straight face, called Trump a Russian agent. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #558 on: July 16, 2019, 07:55:00 PM »

Former Vice President Joe Biden's support in the latest Hill-HarrisX poll of Democratic voters has fallen below 30 percent, his lowest mark in the survey so far.

The poll, released on Monday, found that 29 percent of likely Democratic primary voters support Biden as their first choice for president, while 16 percent back Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

This marks a 4-point drop for Biden from an identical poll conducted two weeks ago and immediately following the first 2020 Democratic debates. It also represents a 17-point drop from when same poll was first conducted in May, a month after Biden formally launched his campaign bid.

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) retained their spots, with Harris getting 11 percent and Warren trailing close behind at 9 percent.

South Bend, Ind. Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who ranked as high as third place at one earlier poll, slipped to sixth place, garnering just 1 percent of support.

Former Texas Congressman Beto O'Rourke, who has been lagging in national polls over the last few months, notched up 2 points to 3 percent.

The poll can be viewed as another setback for Biden, whose campaign has been grappling with attacks on his civil rights record in recent weeks.

Harris and Biden went head-to-head last month on the second night of the first Democratic presidential debates, where she confronted him on his past comments about working with segregationists senators and his past opposition to school busing.

The California senator saw a bump in a number of polls — including the Hill’s own Hill-HarrisX survey — following the confrontation.

Yet the poll continues to show Biden with a double digit lead over Sanders, and he has more than twice the support of Harris and more than three times the support of Warren to this point.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/453142-biden-slips-below-30-percent-among-2020-democrats

Biden/Sanders 2020?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #559 on: July 16, 2019, 07:59:02 PM »
I don't see how Biden even finds a moderate running mate. Bernie will not be a good match.

This is all supposing they would allow two old white guys, which they will not.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #560 on: July 16, 2019, 08:16:22 PM »

IIRC, Giuliani was in the lead among Republican at this point in 2007.  Lots of time for lots to happen.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #561 on: July 23, 2019, 09:43:37 AM »
Cory Booker on Donald Trump: 'My testosterone sometimes makes me want to feel like punching him'
By Andrew Blake - The Washington Times - Tuesday, July 23, 2019

White House hopeful Sen Cory Booker described President Trump on Monday as an “elderly, out of shape man” and “physically weak specimen” who he occasionally feels like assaulting.

Mr. Booker, New Jersey Democrat, made the remarks while speaking about civility in politics with “Late Night” host Seth Meyers on NBC.

Recalling a recent campaign event in Iowa, Mr. Booker said that he spoke with a former football player who had encouraged him to hit the president.

“He’s a big guy, he puts his arm around me and goes, ‘Dude, I want you to punch Donald Trump in the face,’” Mr. Booker said. “And I stop in my tracks and I go, ‘Dude, that’s a felony, man.’”

“Donald Trump is a guy who you understand he hurts you, and my testosterone sometimes makes me want to feel like punching him, which would be bad for this elderly out-of-shape man that he is if I did that,” Mr. Booker said with a smile as studio audience members started applauding. “This physically weak specimen.”

Mr. Booker quickly changed course and said he would not stoop to bullying the president, however.

“That’s his tactics,” said Mr. Booker. “And you don’t beat a bully like him fighting him on his tactics, on his terms, using his turf. He’s the body-shamer, he’s the guy that tries to drag people in the gutter.”

“We will not beat Donald Trump by trying to be more likely him, but by showing that we are not like him. We are not weak morally. We are not weak mentally. We are a strong nation,” said Mr. Booker.

The mayor of Newark from 2006 to 2013, Mr. Booker has represented New Jersey on Capitol Hill for nearly six years and is among a handful of senators currently vying for the Democratic Party nomination to compete against Mr. Trump in 2020.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/23/cory-booker-on-donald-trump-my-testosterone-someti/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #562 on: July 23, 2019, 10:29:55 AM »
Booker better head down to the TRT clinic for a boost.

Crazy eyed dude.  Looks insane.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #563 on: July 23, 2019, 05:52:26 PM »
Cory Booker on Donald Trump: 'My testosterone sometimes makes me want to feel like punching him'
By Andrew Blake - The Washington Times - Tuesday, July 23, 2019

White House hopeful Sen Cory Booker described President Trump on Monday as an “elderly, out of shape man” and “physically weak specimen” who he occasionally feels like assaulting.

Mr. Booker, New Jersey Democrat, made the remarks while speaking about civility in politics with “Late Night” host Seth Meyers on NBC.

Recalling a recent campaign event in Iowa, Mr. Booker said that he spoke with a former football player who had encouraged him to hit the president.

“He’s a big guy, he puts his arm around me and goes, ‘Dude, I want you to punch Donald Trump in the face,’” Mr. Booker said. “And I stop in my tracks and I go, ‘Dude, that’s a felony, man.’”

“Donald Trump is a guy who you understand he hurts you, and my testosterone sometimes makes me want to feel like punching him, which would be bad for this elderly out-of-shape man that he is if I did that,” Mr. Booker said with a smile as studio audience members started applauding. “This physically weak specimen.”

Mr. Booker quickly changed course and said he would not stoop to bullying the president, however.

“That’s his tactics,” said Mr. Booker. “And you don’t beat a bully like him fighting him on his tactics, on his terms, using his turf. He’s the body-shamer, he’s the guy that tries to drag people in the gutter.”

“We will not beat Donald Trump by trying to be more likely him, but by showing that we are not like him. We are not weak morally. We are not weak mentally. We are a strong nation,” said Mr. Booker.

The mayor of Newark from 2006 to 2013, Mr. Booker has represented New Jersey on Capitol Hill for nearly six years and is among a handful of senators currently vying for the Democratic Party nomination to compete against Mr. Trump in 2020.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/23/cory-booker-on-donald-trump-my-testosterone-someti/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork
How many liberals have now threatened the President?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #564 on: July 23, 2019, 06:28:39 PM »
Maybe Trump should have said he wanted to punch the four women instead.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #565 on: July 23, 2019, 10:59:21 PM »
Almost no coverage of the primary. Snoozefest.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #566 on: July 24, 2019, 01:13:44 PM »
How many liberals have now threatened the President?

Exactly - The Libturd Leftists Would Be Crying & Screaming if He threatened to hit them.
Fcuking Hypocritical Bunch of Deranged Twats.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #567 on: July 24, 2019, 11:46:00 PM »
Almost no coverage of the primary. Snoozefest.

The earliest primary elections begin in March 2020. Although candidates are campaigning already, it's a crap shoot for awhile yet.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #568 on: July 24, 2019, 11:57:59 PM »
The earliest primary elections begin in March 2020. Although candidates are campaigning already, it's a crap shoot for awhile yet.

Sometimes choosing the right words is everything.  :D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #569 on: July 25, 2019, 08:28:03 PM »
Biden holds wide lead in South Carolina: poll

Former Vice President Joe Biden trounces his competition in South Carolina, carrying a 27-point lead over his closest rival in the Democratic presidential race, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), according to a survey from Monmouth University Poll released Thursday.

The poll, Monmouth's first in South Carolina of the 2020 election cycle, shows Biden with the support of 39 percent of likely Democratic primary voters in the Palmetto State.

Biden is followed by Harris at 12 percent, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) at 10 percent, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) at 9 percent and South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg at 5 percent.

Only two other candidates - Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and billionaire philanthropist Tom Steyer - took more than 1 percent in the survey, coming in with 2 percent support each.

Among black voters, who make up more than 60 percent of the Democratic primary electorate in South Carolina, Biden clocks in with 51 percent support. That's more than four times higher than the 12 percent of black voters that said they back Harris, and more than five times higher than the 10 percent that support Sanders.

"Black Democrats tend to be more moderate than white primary voters. Biden is the best known candidate currently occupying that lane," Patrick Murray, the director of the Monmouth University Polling Institute, said.

South Carolina will be the fourth state to hold its Democratic nominating contest in 2020, and the first state in which black voters make up a majority of the primary electorate. A win there is also seen as crucial, because it is the last early state to hold a primary before Super Tuesday, when voters in more than a dozen states will head to the polls.

The Monmouth poll surveyed 405 likely Democratic primary voters in South Carolina from July 18-22. The survey has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.9 percentage points.

https://www.thehill.com/homenews/campaign/454731-biden-holds-wide-lead-in-south-carolina-poll%3famp

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #570 on: July 25, 2019, 09:10:20 PM »
Biden got dat dere plastic surgery.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #571 on: July 26, 2019, 07:38:25 AM »
Gillibrand Releases Her $10 Trillion Climate Plan Including ‘Immediate Action To Enact The Green New Deal’

Democratic presidential candidate Kirsten Gillibrand released her climate plan Thursday, which includes “immediate action to enact the Green New Deal.”

“Saving our planet should be this generation’s moonshot,” the New York senator said in her plan, which included a lot of “I will” but not a lot of “how.”

If she secures the presidency, Gillibrand said she would:

Spend $10 trillion in public and private money to achieve net-zero carbon and other greenhouse gas emissions within a decade.

Implement the progressive New York Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal.

Make federal infrastructure projects “buy clean” to cut “reliance on carbon-intensive products.”

Charge a fossil fuel production excise tax to feed into a Climate Change Mitigation Trust Fund.

Gillibrand’s plan also focused on the U.S.’s economic competition with China, the country responsible for the most CO2 emissions compared to the rest of the world. She compared her plan to the original moonshot and challenged China to “a 21st-century clean energy ‘space race,’ where we decarbonize our economies through innovation and investment at a scale that rises to meet the global challenge we face.”

At the same time, Gillibrand said she would make sure clean tech is made by Americans and “not by China or another competitor” with a cross-government initiative requiring products like solar cells to be made in the U.S.

Gillibrand’s climate plan launch comes as many other Democratic candidates try to make waves with their big proposals. South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg introduced a national service plan while former Vice President Joe Biden published a health care plan that stands in stark contrast to Medicare for all.

https://www.dailycaller.com/2019/07/25/kirsten-gillibrand-climate-platform

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #572 on: July 27, 2019, 11:00:00 AM »
Biden 'looked frail' during Miami debate, Obama's former doctor says

A doctor who served former President Obama for more than 20 years before his presidency said this week he thought former Vice President Joe Biden "looked frail" during the first Democratic debate in Miami, when he was attacked by Sen. Kamala Harris.

Dr. David Scheiner told the Washington Examiner that Biden's appearance during the debate made him nervous.

"Harris started attacking him and he looked frail to me," Scheiner said. "I sort of got the feeling he wasn’t very strong. It was similar to the feeling I got when Republicans started attacking Mueller so fiercely."

"Harris started attacking him and he looked frail to me. I sort of got the feeling he wasn’t very strong. It was similar to the feeling I got when Republicans started attacking Mueller so fiercely."

— Dr. David Scheiner, former physician of Barack Obama

Scheiner, who said he would support the 76-year-old Biden or any other Democratic nominee in the 2020 presidential election, told the Examiner he also has concerns about President Trump’s health.

He said Trump’s weight, diet and lack of exercise are all causes for concern. "He garbles,” the doctor said of the 73-year-old president. “That is a really critical issue. This is not trivial. [Late-night host] Seth Meyers jokes about it but it's not a joke. The guy just can't find the words. He's having difficulty."

The Examiner interviewed Scheiner about new research from the American Federation for Aging Research that found all of the major candidates would likely survive at least one term in office.

Meanwhile, Biden, who was widely panned in his first debate performance, said he won’t be as “polite” in the second debate next week in Detroit.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obamas-former-doctor-thinks-biden-looks-frail

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #573 on: July 29, 2019, 04:04:27 PM »
Biden 'looked frail' during Miami debate, Obama's former doctor says

A doctor who served former President Obama for more than 20 years before his presidency said this week he thought former Vice President Joe Biden "looked frail" during the first Democratic debate in Miami, when he was attacked by Sen. Kamala Harris.

Dr. David Scheiner told the Washington Examiner that Biden's appearance during the debate made him nervous.

"Harris started attacking him and he looked frail to me," Scheiner said. "I sort of got the feeling he wasn’t very strong. It was similar to the feeling I got when Republicans started attacking Mueller so fiercely."

"Harris started attacking him and he looked frail to me. I sort of got the feeling he wasn’t very strong. It was similar to the feeling I got when Republicans started attacking Mueller so fiercely."

— Dr. David Scheiner, former physician of Barack Obama

Scheiner, who said he would support the 76-year-old Biden or any other Democratic nominee in the 2020 presidential election, told the Examiner he also has concerns about President Trump’s health.

He said Trump’s weight, diet and lack of exercise are all causes for concern. "He garbles,” the doctor said of the 73-year-old president. “That is a really critical issue. This is not trivial. [Late-night host] Seth Meyers jokes about it but it's not a joke. The guy just can't find the words. He's having difficulty."

The Examiner interviewed Scheiner about new research from the American Federation for Aging Research that found all of the major candidates would likely survive at least one term in office.

Meanwhile, Biden, who was widely panned in his first debate performance, said he won’t be as “polite” in the second debate next week in Detroit.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obamas-former-doctor-thinks-biden-looks-frail

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #574 on: July 31, 2019, 09:43:11 AM »
Marianne Williamson

@marwilliamson
The way to get over someone having broken your heart is to visualize yourself pouring buckets of divine love all over them.

Marianne Williamson

@marwilliamson
When a woman is pregnant she can feel a new life gestating within her. We are collectively pregnant now, the consciousness of humanity a womb wherein is forming a new state of being. As with any pregnancy there are uncomfortable moments, but the miracle of new life is on the way.

Marianne Williamson

@marwilliamson
The Goddess doesn't just dance under the moon on the night of a Solstice. She fiercely protects the children of the earth, and so should we.

Marianne Williamson

@marwilliamson
Any time any of us move from fear to love, we participate in the morphic field out of which will emerge new possibilities for life on earth.

Marianne Williamson

@marwilliamson
Your body is merely your space station from whence you beam your love to the universe.Don't just relate to the station; relate to the beams.

Marianne Williamson

@marwilliamson
Everyone feels on some level like an alien in this world, because we ARE. We come from another realm of consciousness, and long for home.

Marianne Williamson

@marwilliamson
Calling all goddess types: this a perfect time to do ritualistic nature ceremonies invoking divine alignment between humanity and nature.

: