Author Topic: David Haye retires - WHAT A CLOWN!!  (Read 3503 times)

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
David Haye retires - WHAT A CLOWN!!
« on: October 14, 2011, 12:44:59 PM »
“Today’s date is Thursday, October 13, 2011 and I’ve just turned 31 years of age. As the clock struck twelve last night, my professional boxing career came to an end,” Haye wrote in the London Telegraph.

Haye listed three objectives he wanted to accomplish in boxing:

1. Win as many genuine titles as possible.

2. Generate as much money as possible and financially secure my future.

3. Get out of boxing in my prime, aged 30 and in perfect physical and mental health.

“I’ve never claimed to be the greatest and I’m not foolish or arrogant enough to think my place in history will be defined through by I achieved as a heavyweight,” Haye wrote.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/haye-says-career-is-over-98473

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: David Haye retires - WHAT A CLOWN!!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 12:47:47 PM »
He was at the Olympia, not too many knew who he was but he made sure everyone knew.  Good size dude but up against those machines the Klitchos no way...not Vitili anyway.

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 01:05:10 PM »
Once the money runs out he'll hit the comeback trail looking for one more shot ::)
Thunderdome approved

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 01:08:42 PM »
He was at the Olympia, not too many knew who he was but he made sure everyone knew.  Good size dude but up against those machines the Klitchos no way...not Vitili anyway.

Every bit as good technically as both Klitschkos but ALWAYS take the bigger man when all things are equal because size/height plays a huge role at the Heavyweight level.

Once the money runs out he'll hit the comeback trail looking for one more shot ::)

I doubt it. He never was the type to flash his money around and he always seemed like a fairly bright guy who has publicly set this age to get out for a few years now. If I was a betting man I would say he is done and will live a modest life, perhaps promote a few fights on the lower levels to earn a little extra scratch here and there. Maybe a reality tv show on the SKY network or some bullshit like that

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 01:51:45 PM »
“Today’s date is Thursday, October 13, 2011 and I’ve just turned 31 years of age. As the clock struck twelve last night, my professional boxing career came to an end,” Haye wrote in the London Telegraph.

Haye listed three objectives he wanted to accomplish in boxing:

1. Win as many genuine titles as possible.

2. Generate as much money as possible and financially secure my future.

3. Get out of boxing in my prime, aged 30 and in perfect physical and mental health.

“I’ve never claimed to be the greatest and I’m not foolish or arrogant enough to think my place in history will be defined through by I achieved as a heavyweight,” Haye wrote.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/haye-says-career-is-over-98473

Why do u think that makes him a clown?  His decision is quite rational.  Undisputed cruiserweight champ, stepped up to heavyweight and won a title.  Not bad going.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 01:56:07 PM »
why is he a clown ?

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 01:57:24 PM »
Make money, get set for life, and get out without taking too much damage. Far from a clown..? Despite his horrible "persona"

danabol

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 02:03:04 PM »
UTTER CRAP.. FELLA WAS A JOKE..

NUFF SIAD

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 03:29:12 PM »
the broken toe crap was a load of bollocks but he's doing the right thing getting out early. Anyone is only one punch away from being another Michael Watson

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 04:59:06 PM »
He's making the right decision. Thats what Roy Jones Jr. should have done after he won the Heavyweight Title. But thats the thing here. They never retire. Without a doubt Haye will fight again. He's saying he's retired to draw more money for a fight against Adamek and then a fight against Vitali. He's 30 and can have two more decent paydays? Yeah right he's retiring.

How about Joe Calzaghe? Retired undefeated and unquestionably at the top of his class.

But yeah Joe is one of the few exceptions to the rule, sadly the vast majority stick around far too long. At least Oscar got out before he suffered really bad health issues.

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 01:45:26 AM »
why is he a clown ?

Because he promised to KTFO both Klitschkos many-many times and i am still waiting for this.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 02:09:18 AM »
He will be forgotten soon...

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 03:30:59 AM »

If anything his retirement will be just another trick to squeeze more money out of a future fight.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 04:32:24 AM »
The next great HW is round the corner a man who ll get everyone watching HWE boxing again! My mate Dave!!! remember what i said!