Author Topic: Worst storyline?  (Read 3657 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Worst storyline?
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 11:09:58 AM »
Interesting.  i actually think Schiavone is far better than he has been given credit.  He was stooged by WCW during the wars, but his work before that was very solid.  And unless someone knew his work in the late 80's and early 90's in NWA/WCW they wouldn't understand.

As for JR.  Not going to argue that he might be the closest to Gordon that we have.....but who is his competition?  Joey Styles....Coachman....La wler.....oh brother.   ::)   JR was very, very good in the old UWF and WCW, but I have never cared for his WWF work.  Too many "Goooooooood laaaaaards !!!!!!"  For my taste.....but as I have said before, what Gordon had to commentate on was a very different product.  Gives me shivers to think of him lowering himself to cover some of the garbage that VKM has churned out.

Yeah, they made Ross a gimmick of sorts, what with the cowboy hat and phrases.
As for Tony, I think he just got caught up in the cut-throat environment that WCW became.
Heenan bashes him a lot, and although Tony made some dick moves, I suspect he did what he felt he had to do to survive in a pack of wolves.

Does anybody know why Schiavonne didn't stay long in the Fed?
That's not a rhetorical question; I'm curious myself.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 11:12:44 AM »

Yeah, they made Ross a gimmick of sorts, what with the cowboy hat and phrases.
As for Tony, I think he just got caught up in the cut-throat environment that WCW became.
Heenan bashes him a lot, and although Tony made some dick moves, I suspect he did what he felt he had to do to survive in a pack of wolves.

Does anybody know why Schiavonne didn't stay long in the Fed?
That's not a rhetorical question; I'm curious myself.

Heenan can be a pure asshat when he wants to.  Met him a few times, as friends did and he thinks much higher of himself than he most likely should.  I think he was just taking cheap shots at Schiavone who has no platform to defend himself and became the whipping boy of the "smarks" of the 90's internet.  Thereby Lawler is trying to "get over" by putting Schiavone down imo.

I'm not sure why he didn't stay.  Although his style of calling matches was much more similar to old-school and probably didn't match VKM's idea of announcing.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 11:18:19 AM »
Heenan can be a pure asshat when he wants to.  Met him a few times, as friends did and he thinks much higher of himself than he most likely should.  I think he was just taking cheap shots at Schiavone who has no platform to defend himself and became the whipping boy of the "smarks" of the 90's internet.  Thereby Lawler is trying to "get over" by putting Schiavone down imo.

I'm not sure why he didn't stay.  Although his style of calling matches was much more similar to old-school and probably didn't match VKM's idea of announcing.

Ole Big is not fond of him. ;)

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 12:29:30 PM »
Come on though, when Austin mde the save and took out the entire Ministry it was brilliant TV. I still get pumped thinking about it all these years later..........

Paul Bearer: "...you may kiss your bride"
JR: "oh for God sakes!"
(Glass breaks), Austin appears, crowd go ape shit and Austin whoops alot of ass. His comeback against the InvasionAlliance is a 1 off for TV though, perfect from start to finish.

My only problem was that it was Stephanie, and it was just dumb.  I mean, if they did something to her, I dunno, actually made her puke all over the place like Papa Shango or something, or maybe allow her to go Exorcist for a show or two, but the lame buildup, all that crap...boring.

Yes, JR is awesome, but I prefer Monsoon...Cole is pretty lame, but I'm ok with Lawler.  Anything is better than that fucking Rhino guy a few years back!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2012, 07:17:14 PM »

Ole Big is not fond of him. ;)

hahaha, that is a FACT !!!  ;D

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, 10:52:50 PM »
Joey Styles gets my vote

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2012, 03:17:28 AM »
Joey Styles gets my vote

Are you referring to a specific storyline, or the character itself?
I know we kind of shifted gears.

Littleguns must hate me, as this is about the fourth time in two weeks that I've derailed one of his threads.
But, at least I didn't turn it into a Shawn-bashing fest.
Although, if you give me enough time, I could easily get going once again on Dusty.
It's been a while since I've ranted about the "common man," but it would be quite appropo given the thread title.

Let's see...the Shockmaster...one of the worst characters...with one of the worst storylines...created by one of the worst bookers...

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 08:20:38 AM »

Are you referring to a specific storyline, or the character itself?
I know we kind of shifted gears.

Littleguns must hate me, as this is about the fourth time in two weeks that I've derailed one of his threads.
But, at least I didn't turn it into a Shawn-bashing fest.
Although, if you give me enough time, I could easily get going once again on Dusty.
It's been a while since I've ranted about the "common man," but it would be quite appropo given the thread title.

Let's see...the Shockmaster...one of the worst characters...with one of the worst storylines...created by one of the worst bookers...

Monty you bottom barel trash feeder of a human being, all you do is think about yourself! We really do know your gay passion for Shawn Michaels and how you tried to save him in Albany years ago and all you got from Shawn was a peck on the cheek.You wanted him to be your boy toy!

Now stop hijacking my shit! ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2012, 09:51:41 AM »

Monty you bottom barel trash feeder of a human being, all you do is think about yourself! We really do know your gay passion for Shawn Michaels and how you tried to save him in Albany years ago and all you got from Shawn was a peck on the cheek.You wanted him to be your boy toy!

Now stop hijacking my shit! ;D

LOL!!
You're lucky I don't pull a "Chaos" and modify your posts into some kind of embarassing admission before locking the thread so you can't change or delete them.
 :)