Author Topic: Opinions on Hogan's proposal of TNA’s supposed new “shoot” style:  (Read 3151 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
I recently posted a new Twitter vid of Hogan talking about taking TNA in a new direction: doing away with “fake-ass wrestlers and a bunch of fake story lines.”

http://www.twitvid.com/ZFNGA

In regards to TNA, Hogan claims, “We’re gonna start ‘shootin.’”

Because this “announcement” is so new, there aren’t many details known.
By “shoot,” is Hulkster referring to the ring action, angles, or both?
Only speculation is possible at this point.

Feel free to weigh in with you own interpretations & opinions.

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Opinions on Hogan's proposal of TNA’s supposed new “shoot” style:
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 11:05:55 AM »
This "new style" is just WCW lite. Nothing TNA does makes sense. There storylines make no sense, booking makes no sense...Not to beat a dead horse but it's the truth.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 11:21:11 AM »
WCW wanted to convey the image of a "shoot" to the audience, so one of the things they did was stop prepping the announcers ahead of time.
The rationale was, "We don't want you to be prepared, but rather to spontaneously react to what happens as you would in a legit shoot."

Schiavone was the one to deliver that news to the color guys.
Heenan astutely pointed out that if they were to conduct the calls like it were a shoot, they wouldn't say anything because none of them had ever seen a shoot fight. They were PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING ANNOUNCERS!

WCW got so hung up on the whole "shooting" idea, that they began believing that unpreparedness was the best way to put on a show.

They even held these ridiculous "worked shoots."
I don't know who they were trying to fool - dirt sheet informants, janitors, etc., or maybe management wanted to "fool" the other talent for God knows why. :-\
One time, DDP & Buff Bagwell got into a "fight" with each other backstage.
Heenan & Dave Finlay were laughing their asses off as they watched DDP & Bagwell scuffle with working punches.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 11:33:57 AM »
TNA already looks so unpolished compared to WWE, this will only make it worse. I honestly think one of their biggest problems is that the "Impact Zone" literally cheers for anything or body. Samoa Joe could shit in the middle of the ring and they would all be chanting TNA. I know they like to go againt Vince. They have no blood, we'll give you blood every match. They don't swear, we will even if the moment doesn't need it, but this "it's a shoot, brother!" stuff may have worked in 1999, it won't now.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 11:46:55 AM »
...but this "it's a shoot, brother!" stuff may have worked in 1999, it won't now.

It worked in '99...until they went out of business.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 11:55:40 AM »

It worked in '99...until they went out of business.
lol, yeah my point was, by 99-00 WCW was a desperate company for the most part. They had to do that stuff. Ratings were down, talent was disgruntled by the old guys hogging tv and the spotlight,bringing in "celebrities" Russo in full shoot mode...sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 12:06:59 PM »
I don't consider Jaywowwww a celeb, but...I'm getting old.

;)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 12:15:04 PM »
well, $15,000 for 90 seconds of "work". ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 01:12:07 PM »
Some of the old territory announcers, including Caudle in the mid-atlantic had no idea what was going to happen and just called what they saw, as best they could.....of course the storylines were fairly simple so people at home could work along with what was happening.....Caudle said he liked it that way as it came across as more "real"  ahhhhh the good ole kayfabe days.

As for whatever TNA is trying to do, it's been done and I don't think fans today are nearly as interested in the "real life" angles as they were in the 90's when we first all got a chance to look behind the curtain, so to speak, it was new and exciting to try to dig stuff up on the net to tie in angles.  Now it's so overplayed that nobody really cares that much.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 01:18:48 PM »
Some of the old territory announcers, including Caudle in the mid-atlantic had no idea what was going to happen and just called what they saw, as best they could.....of course the storylines were fairly simple so people at home could work along with what was happening.....Caudle said he liked it that way as it came across as more "real"  ahhhhh the good ole kayfabe days.
hahaha

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 01:21:17 PM »
hahaha

ROFL....."off the cuff" as they say.....hahaha

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »
Don't know shit about TNA, haven't watched in forever, last I did it was terrible. I see there is no reason to start now! :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 08:21:21 AM »
This "new style" is just WCW lite. Nothing TNA does makes sense. There storylines make no sense, booking makes no sense...Not to beat a dead horse but it's the truth.
Its still way better product than WWE's kiddie crap. Peewee Herman? Come on.