Author Topic: Level 10 douche-bag convention at the YMCA today  (Read 2266 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Level 10 douche-bag convention at the YMCA today
« on: September 27, 2016, 10:03:46 AM »
Thankfully I workout primarily at home. As far as gyms, Planet Fitness is getting more attractive by the day. I swear, guys go to the gym these days to watch ESPN on the TV's. What a sick friggin joke. I think that I was the only guy there that actually touched an olympic barbell. Yes I know that this a rant. Everybody was LEANING against the equipment, looking at themselves in the mirror. Trust me, there wasn't much to look at. Dear God, does anybody do barbell rows anymore? Looked like the whole gym was pulling a Lee Priest: perpetual tricep pressdowns between their loud stories. Attention whores for days. If being draped over a preacher bench was an olympic sport; I would've been in the presence of at least 2 gold medalists. Maybe 5. And of course, the Y locked up all of the collars for the bars because of cleptomania. You have to show ID to get an olympic collar.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Level 10 douche-bag convention at the YMCA today
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 10:12:19 AM »
I have a membership at our Y that used to be Golds just to get away from my own gym because I can't get shit done. It's the same way especially with the Live Fit people in there doing photoshoots all the time and continuous selfies, but it's a decent bodybuilding-type gym.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 10:15:40 AM »
Thankfully I workout primarily at home. As far as gyms, Planet Fitness is getting more attractive by the day. I swear, guys go to the gym these days to watch ESPN on the TV's. What a sick friggin joke. I think that I was the only guy there that actually touched an olympic barbell. Yes I know that this a rant. Everybody was LEANING against the equipment, looking at themselves in the mirror. Trust me, there wasn't much to look at. Dear God, does anybody do barbell rows anymore? Looked like the whole gym was pulling a Lee Priest: perpetual tricep pressdowns between their loud stories. Attention whores for days. If being draped over a preacher bench was an olympic sport; I would've been in the presence of at least 2 gold medalists. Maybe 5. And of course, the Y locked up all of the collars for the bars because of cleptomania. You have to show ID to get an olympic collar.
::) ::) ::) ::)
F

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 12:40:15 PM »
Every gym has some... it's sickening (it's pissening).

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 01:03:57 PM »
Gyms today are at least as much for showing up as for training.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 02:22:45 PM »
Gyms today are at least as much for showing up as for training.

yep.  trendy backdrops for selfies and snaps.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 04:02:15 PM »
They still look buff to me.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 04:06:36 PM »
I have a membership at our Y that used to be Golds just to get away from my own gym because I can't get shit done. It's the same way especially with the Live Fit people in there doing photoshoots all the time and continuous selfies, but it's a decent bodybuilding-type gym.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 04:10:24 PM »
my gym has been shut since Saturday. it was purchased by new owners back in August. they have spent the last two months pretty much killing the goodwill in there in some form or another(rec drug use, lies, meltdowns). I was on an month to month and saw the writing on the wall and gave written notice at the end of last month when they were trying to get member to re-sign under the new regime. I am sure many are fucked over and paid a year in advance to "save". I paid first and last month a year ago so I am not on the hook for October, but as a precaution I will go to my bank to stop any money coming out on the 1st as I don't trust them obviously.
"

Eulogy

• Getbig III
  • May the bridges I burn light the way
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 04:54:26 PM »
my gym has been shut since Saturday. it was purchased by new owners back in August. they have spent the last two months pretty much killing the goodwill in there in some form or another(rec drug use, lies, meltdowns). I was on an month to month and saw the writing on the wall and gave written notice at the end of last month when they were trying to get member to re-sign under the new regime. I am sure many are fucked over and paid a year in advance to "save". I paid first and last month a year ago so I am not on the hook for October, but as a precaution I will go to my bank to stop any money coming out on the 1st as I don't trust them obviously.

Haha... small world. Trux on Pape Ave in Toronto, eh?

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 05:12:09 PM »

Haha... small world. Trux on Pape Ave in Toronto, eh?

was a good gym
"

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 09:36:51 PM »

Exactly.
And yet they wonder why they still look the same or even worse after 4 years of "training"...
©