Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 461333 times)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)
« on: November 12, 2007, 04:47:49 PM »
George w bush has systematically destroyed this country financially.

Our country is heading for a severe recession as a result of his failed policies.

In the coming months, the stock market will come crashing down. mark my words.

Cash is king !

- NT

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k..........
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 04:19:19 AM »
So what is your solution for those of us who have 401k through work?  I have my portfolio managed through JP Morgan.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 04:48:03 AM »
So what is your solution for those of us who have 401k through work?  I have my portfolio managed through JP Morgan.

Move your money out of stocks and into cd's, cash, money markets ect.

Preservation of capital is key. If you do nothing, kiss your money goodbye.

-NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 05:04:53 AM »
if you decide to stay in stocks for the time being......definitely get OUT after Christmas. the shit will surely hit the fan after the holiday.....if not sooner.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 05:32:15 AM »
remember markets don't go straight down...... i expect a rally this week.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 07:08:15 AM »
I lost my shirt last week.  :'(

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 08:38:53 AM »
I lost my shirt last week.  :'(

as i said this morning i expect the maket to rally this week..........then i expect it to sell off again and go lower. today is an expected short cover rally which will not change the long term trend of the market.....which is down.

right now cash is king.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 10:36:52 AM »
What are your qualifications?  I know there are several multi-millionaires on here but I never see any advice.   ???

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 04:56:44 PM »
bush has systematically destroyed this country financially and otherwise. our country is heading for a severe recession as a result of his failed policies. in the coming months, the stock market will come crashing down. mark my words.

cash is king !

cash = paper largely not backed up by anything but someones word

most people's word = dog crap

better to look to something with intrinsic value

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 05:27:22 PM »
market will keep doing what its doing.  Oil at $100 a barrel is not a bad thing.  We do have reserves, and it keeps the dollar viable.  Iraqi oil has been pumping for 4 years.  Where it goes, no one knows hahahahahahaha

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 02:43:51 AM »

The dollar is kept low voluntarily by the feds to cut on the trade deficit and control inflation;

70% of our nations GDP is consumer consumption. since our nation no longer manufactures, we are dependent on a STRONG consumer. a weak dollar INCREASES inflation which lessens Americans buying power. the weak greenback may increase exports but never enough to offset the weak u.s. consumer.

record u.s deficits, a weak dollar, negative consumer savings, high inflation, record gas/oil prices (in none peak season) coupled with Americans no longer able to use their homes as a.t.m. machines spells disaster for a service economy such as ours.

the perfect storm is brewing........

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 03:38:17 AM »
The major problem for USA is that the real estate market will continue to be colder than ice.

Here is the thing:

Currently a house will take 12 months to be sold. And that is if NO more new houses are built.

4 years ago, it was 2-3 months.

So different sectors experiences difficulties.

The big problem is that the taxes were lowered a few years ago, allowing the economy to overheat.

Lowering taxes with a huge national debt.

Instead of curbing the economic boom back then with taxes, and lowering the taxes now, when the economy is slowing down.

In essence: The Bush Administration has created a situation where there is no room for economic politics, to boost a slowing market.

Fiscally unresponsible.
As empty as paradise

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 06:30:58 AM »

like stocks in a downtrend ?  ::)

no. what is a stock?

something that represents ownership of something

stock = dog crap

im saying its possible at some point all these pieces of paper with promises behind them could end up being worthless

commodities are where its at

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 07:08:50 PM »
please tell me the qualifications necessary to know markets ? would an MBA or being someone who trades in the pits make you happy?
book smart or in the trenches........which one W88 ?

Post your portfolio and your earning percentage over the last 5 years.  Then I will take your advice more seriously.  Right now everybody and their trashman can  give a 50/50 guess.  Up or Down.  Buy or Sell.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 05:58:02 AM »
everyone keep in mind that floor traders at the NYSE make LARGE amounts of money with holiday bonuses. historically, 83% of the time traders move the market HIGHER during the "christmas rally". until proven otherwise, you should expect this to happen.

a damaged market can still trade higher, but the long term trend is DOWN.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 04:57:20 PM »

50/50 huh ? clearly you believe i'm full of crap.......so move on. i was attempting to help other getbiggers in the market, so they wouldn't get slaughtered. what do i personally gain by providing gbers info that might save their 401k's ?  ???

No I don't think you are full of crap but when it comes to my future earnings and losses I HAVE to take it serious.  It is great you want to help and I know you do not gain anything by helping but on the other hand I don't know what people gain by all the crap that gets spewed out on GetBig.  I cannot help but be a skeptic.  If you could just lead me to some of the facts that lead you to this conclusion then I can read on my own.  I know nothing about markets.  I just dump money in 401k and trust JP Morgan will do their job.  This year I have had a 26% increase.  The average in 3 years has been 20%.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 04:31:23 PM »
Thanks for posting.   :)

Sounds like I may move my funds to something else in the near future. 

You should make a new topic when it is time to make the move so I know the best time...lol.

Thanks again for your assessments.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 03:00:57 AM »
bush has systematically destroyed this country financially and otherwise. our country is heading for a severe recession as a result of his failed policies. in the coming months, the stock market will come crashing down. mark my words.

cash is king !

The stock market will come crashing down, ...and fortunes will be made in the process!   ;D

Cash is King, ...but these days... what is cash? Paper money? Surely you're not refering to USD demoninated Federal Reserve notes? {rotflmao} they've got the buoyancy of lead balloons.

Better to refer to cash as easily liquidatable assets. Euros, Gold, Wheat, or some other such easily liquidatable assets for which demand will never wane. Get out of stocks and into commodities, ...unless you're a good stock picker (which most ordinary investors aren't) and know which position to take. It doesn't matter whether you go long or short, ...what matters most is the timing of those decisions.

In Real Estate the three critical factors you need to be concerned with are location, location, LOCATION!
When working the markets, just like Network Marketing, the critical factors are timing, timing, TIMING!

My best advice is to not purchase an investment asset hoping to profit from it in the future.
Ensure your profit margin is there when you acquire the asset to begin with.

In other words, don't invest $50K in an asset worth $50K and hope it appreciates.
Instead invest $30K in an easily liquidateable asset worth $50K.

Your profit is in place from day 1 and will give you a buffer zone to protect your money and get out fast if the asset starts depreciating.

In times of inflation, you exchange cash for things.
In times of deflation, you exchange things for cash.

There are Enrons all around us, ...and they'll soon start popping up like flies.
w

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 04:10:11 AM »
everyone keep in mind that floor traders at the NYSE make LARGE amounts of money with holiday bonuses. historically, 83% of the time traders move the market HIGHER during the "christmas rally". until proven otherwise, you should expect this to happen.

a damaged market can still trade higher, but the long term trend is DOWN.

good luck and if you guys have any questions, i'm here to help.  :)

Neurotoxin,

I have been looking at my allocations and I am lost to what I would transfer to be safe when the shit hits the fan.

Are you familiar with these?

I tried to read further on these funds and man I AM LOST.  The info I found may as well be in Chinese.....lol.  Investing is a realm I cannot grasp.

JPMorgan Stable Asset Income Fund-Inst      0%           
   PIMCO Total Return - Admin                          0%         
   PIMCO Real Return-Admin                           0%         
   Work's Pre-Mixed Portfolio-Conservative        0%         
   Work's Pre-Mixed Portfolio-Moderate       50%         
   Work's Pre-Mixed Portfolio-Aggressive       20%         
   Barclays Global Inv S&P 500 Equity Index-I      0%         
   T Rowe Price Equity Income-Adv                   0%         
   American Funds Growth Fund of America-R4    0%         
   Janus Mid Cap Value-Inv                             0%         
   Turner Midcap Growth-I                                    0%         
   Managers Special Equity-Manager      10%         
   Target Small Cap Value Portfolio                     0%         
   Harbor International-Administrative                    0%         
   American Funds EuroPacific Growth-R4                0%         
   Transferable-  work's, Inc. Common Stock  20%

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2007, 04:42:21 AM »
Neurotoxin,

I have been looking at my allocations and I am lost to what I would transfer to be safe when the shit hits the fan.

I tried to read further on these funds and man I AM LOST.  The info I found may as well be in Chinese.....lol.  Investing is a realm I cannot grasp.

You're investments should be Chinese too.  ;)
w

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2007, 05:00:14 AM »
The stock market will come crashing down, ...and fortunes will be made in the process!   ;D

Cash is King, ...but these days... what is cash? Paper money? Surely you're not refering to USD demoninated Federal Reserve notes? {rotflmao} they've got the buoyancy of lead balloons.

Better to refer to cash as easily liquidatable assets. Euros, Gold, Wheat, or some other such easily liquidatable assets for which demand will never wane. Get out of stocks and into commodities, ...unless you're a good stock picker (which most ordinary investors aren't) and know which position to take. It doesn't matter whether you go long or short, ...what matters most is the timing of those decisions.

In Real Estate the three critical factors you need to be concerned with are location, location, LOCATION!
When working the markets, just like Network Marketing, the critical factors are timing, timing, TIMING!

My best advice is to not purchase an investment asset hoping to profit from it in the future.
Ensure your profit margin is there when you acquire the asset to begin with.

In other words, don't invest $50K in an asset worth $50K and hope it appreciates.
Instead invest $30K in an easily liquidateable asset worth $50K.

Your profit is in place from day 1 and will give you a buffer zone to protect your money and get out fast if the asset starts depreciating.

In times of inflation, you exchange cash for things.
In times of deflation, you exchange things for cash.

There are Enrons all around us, ...and they'll soon start popping up like flies.

your points are valid and well taken, but the average investor understands little about markets and alternatives to the dollar. most importantly, they need to stay OUT OF HARMS WAY. getting too complicated with average 401k investors is often counterproductive and leads to indecision and doing nothing.

message to GBers: when you combine a record weak dollar/greenback, the worst housing and credit bust since 1929 with hyperinflation, record gas and oil prices, a tapped out/in debt consumer who today accounts for 70% of our economy, it's bad.

this ultimately will result in a DEEP RECESSION and STAGFLATION. (non-growing economy with high inflation) considered by top economists as the WORST of all possible scenarios.

imo, the above mentioned will hit the stock market HARD in the coming months and the little guy stuck in a 401k will get slaughtered on the way down.(as usual)  conversely, professionals on wall street make money if markets go up.......or down.

i've been in this industry for many years and have NEVER seen a situation quite like the one developing.............i just hope people listen.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 05:22:54 AM »
Neurotoxin,

yes i'm familiar with your type of "chinese" diversified portfolio LOL... IMO, your best bet is "flight to safety" meaning, using fixed investments such as Cd's, gov. bonds etc. until the storm passes. then have your broker move your monies back into your previous asset allocation.

i'm anticipating the usual holiday "bonus" rally......after that i would recommend moving to safety. remember, you can always get back in to your current portfolio at any time. all it takes is a phone call to your broker.....no big deal.

i hope this makes sense.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2007, 04:48:36 PM »
w88, i will do my best to accommodate your request.  :)

cool.  Yeah my portfolio is confusing (for me) because there are a ton of options and when you choose an option there are hundreds of other sub investments shooting everywhere.  I get lost REAL quick.  I am not sure I can move my money to the Cd's, gov. bonds unless it is one on that list of options I have.  I will check.  ;)

Well if you ever need IT related issue advice you can ask.  Don't know much else except talking shit on getbig...lol.

Thanks   :)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2007, 03:52:12 AM »
cool.  Yeah my portfolio is confusing (for me) because there are a ton of options and when you choose an option there are hundreds of other sub investments shooting everywhere.  I get lost REAL quick.  I am not sure I can move my money to the Cd's, gov. bonds unless it is one on that list of options I have.  I will check.  ;)

Well if you ever need IT related issue advice you can ask.  Don't know much else except talking shit on getbig...lol.

Thanks   :)

you can ALWAYS move your jpm portfolio into "fixed income" at anytime. broker's prefer you stay in stocks for self serving reasons. don't let a broker tell you otherwise.

with regard to the market, i would stay put for the time being. remember, 83% of the time we rally the market during the holiday. i assume this season will be no different. when the time approaches, i'll try to give you my best "heads up" so you can avoid losing your capital in a potential market meltdown.

w88, always keep in mind that brokers are nothing more than ultra smart sales people who know little to nothing regarding markets. their main purpose is collecting other peoples assets......if the market crashes, they NEVER move your money to safety. their instructed to contact you and say "don't worry we need to look long term". i shit you not !  try telling that to the average investor who was directed by their brokers to enter tech stocks during "the tech boom". if investors only knew half the story.......

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2007, 07:48:22 AM »
you can ALWAYS move your jpm portfolio into "fixed income" at anytime. broker's prefer you stay in stocks for self serving reasons. don't let a broker tell you otherwise.

with regard to the market, i would stay put for the time being. remember, 83% of the time we rally the market during the holiday. i assume this season will be no different. when the time approaches, i'll try to give you my best "heads up" so you can avoid losing your capital in a potential market meltdown.

w88, always keep in mind that brokers are nothing more than ultra smart sales people who know little to nothing regarding markets. their main purpose is collecting other peoples assets......if the market crashes, they NEVER move your money to safety. their instructed to contact you and say "don't worry we need to look long term". i shit you not !  try telling that to the average investor who was directed by their brokers to enter tech stocks during "the tech boom". if investors only knew half the story.......

He should grab a DVD copy of 'Boiler Room' with Giovanni Ribisi & Vin Deisel.
Then read Robert Kiyosaki's book about the coming crash. Kiyosaki has been screaming about it for years to anyone who would listen.
w