Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 462207 times)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k..........
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2007, 06:27:55 AM »
if you have long position in the fund and it drops 4000 points today, then what exactly have you lost in a 3-5 year perspective?

go ask someone who bought nasdaq stocks at the peak (5,000 in 2000) 8 yrs later, still down 50%.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2007, 08:27:14 AM »
Hey Neuro,did you watch Cramer last night? He was worried, and people were actually still calling in asking about stocks.

He switched the show around and focused on international investments...China.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2007, 09:01:43 AM »
kudlow kicked him off of "kudlow & cramer" because of HUGE losses to kudlow's account..........alleged ly.  ;)

haha interesting.  :)

I wanted to see what he was going to say about the malay yesterday, and keep with the CNBC attitude

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2007, 09:34:06 PM »

go ask someone who bought nasdaq stocks at the peak (5,000 in 2000) 8 yrs later, still down 50%.

and why in hell would want to buy at the peak?????

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2007, 09:41:18 PM »

'Cause some people are stupid and don't know things are going to start crashing
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2007, 10:03:49 PM »

at that time, they thought it would never go down. contrarian wave runners wiped out fully

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2007, 04:03:41 AM »

is that a serious question ? most small investors get sucked in at the top of markets by the hype on CNBC and the Cramers of the world.

recently when the Dow hit 14,000, CNBC's crew had party hats on ! how many small investors bought into that euphoria ? answer: more than you'll ever know.

small investors are like cattle.....they got caught in 2000, and will AGAIN in 2008. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2007, 12:50:22 PM »

is that a serious question ? most small investors get sucked in at the top of markets by the hype on CNBC and the Cramers of the world.

recently when the Dow hit 14,000, CNBC's crew had party hats on ! how many small investors bought into that euphoria ? answer: more than you'll ever know.

small investors are like cattle.....they got caught in 2000, and will AGAIN in 2008. 

This has been a repetitive pattern for ages.
Back in the crash of 1929, everyone knows of all the wealthy who lost it all and jumped out of windows, ...but what people don't know about are the ones who MADE A BLOODY FORTUNE sucking the wealth out of those who jumped off buildings. The money didn't just disappear, ...it simply changed hands, ...and there were those who got extremely wealthy in that crash. The same will occur in this upcoming crash.
w

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2007, 12:11:23 AM »
What are your thoughts on overseas investments.  I have this as an option for my 401k and it has been a pretty good investment it seems thus far.

http://www.smartmoney.com/fundsnapshots/index.cfm?story=glossary&symbol=HRINX

Is the impending doom of our economy going to affect overseas investments?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2007, 01:42:47 AM »
What are your thoughts on overseas investments.  I have this as an option for my 401k and it has been a pretty good investment it seems thus far.

You definitely want to be investing overseas while you still can. China & india IMO.
I have a sick feeling that pretty soon we may start seeing restriction on Americans where they won't be able to take their money overseas. Either that or taxing you so far up the wazoo, it wipes out any profit. Drastic, ...but I think that's gonna happen. The only ones who will be able to invest in areas that are growing and paying dividends, will be the elites. The same ones that would nail you to a cross for even thinking about vacationing in Cuba or even purchasing any Cuban manufactured item, ...but who themselves enjoy access to endless supplies of Cuban cigars anytime they want
w

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2007, 03:11:19 AM »

globalization has connected all stock markets across the world, so depending how deep an impact a US recession has on other markets is still unknown. many believe a US recession will affect ALL markets. if the world's largest economy (US) struggles, most other economies will follow along.

HRINX's largest holding is in the financial sector.........do they hold bad US mortgages as well ?

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2007, 09:15:51 AM »
ok guys here's the deal......the CPI (consumer price index) came out today and it was HIGH (meaning high inflation) and the US Industrial Production number came in lower, meaning DECREASED  I.P.

despite bad economic news day in and day out, it still looks like we may get that holiday rally before the market collapses (thanks to the Plunge Protection Team)

i'll keep you posted.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2007, 04:48:07 PM »
Nice stuff in there.  I'm no market expert by any stretch of the imagination, nor would I give advice on the sort.  When I got out of the service, I had just over 3 years' salary sitting in my bank...I had about 8 grand or so in Savings Bonds, but that was the extent of my "investments."  Otherwise, the cash just stayed in a savings account. 

I wanted to invest in something, but nothing risky or some sort of venture.  I ended up buying silver and gold.  That's it.  I obtained the silver via bullion, junk silver(Morgan Dollars), Silver Eagles, and Silver Maple Leafs.  Gold came in the form of various different-ounce sized US Mint coins, and some private Mint bullion.  I obtained the silver at around $6 per Troy ounce, and Gold was going for around $446 per Troy ounce.  Well, you know what those are valued at today. 

I found out I wanted no debt at all.  My vehicles I paid for.  Completely.  I did not get a mortgage.  I have 3 acres of land in northern Philippines and own a small house in a Buffalo, NY suburb of which I rent out to a few people I know.  I have just one credit card, of which is sometimes necessary as I visit some of the nicer hotels in the world(they always ask for a credit card).  I live in south Florida where I rent a quaint 2-bedroom house. 

Could I have gotten rich off the real estate craze down here?  Certainly.  An economist friend of mine told me, and I'll always remember this......To understand the Market, is to understand Humanity.  When you see the masses go one way(i.e. the Dot.Com craze, Real estate, etc...), go the complete opposite.  However, what did I lose?  Nothing.  I have no debt(aside from bills and rent), have savings, and live a comfortable enough lifestyle.  I'm not rich, nor do I endeavor to be....but I feel rich....I eat well, have plenty of free time, get to travel several times a year, etc. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2007, 07:57:34 AM »
I obtained the silver via bullion, junk silver(Morgan Dollars), Silver Eagles, and Silver Maple Leafs.  Gold came in the form of various different-ounce sized US Mint coins, and some private Mint bullion. 

Paper money eventually returns to it's intrinsic value, zero - Voltaire.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2007, 11:44:27 AM »
small investors are going to get their faces ripped off in this market.

of course just my opinion.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2007, 11:52:10 AM »
small investors are going to get their faces ripped off in this market.

of course just my opinion.

...not to mention a few other body parts.  The crash has alreay been triggered.
w

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2007, 02:49:54 PM »
...not to mention a few other body parts.  The crash has alreay been triggered.

traders are SELLING into any rally.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2007, 03:32:17 AM »
guys, do NOT get sucked into ANY market rally at this point. if one happens to occur, it will be sold off rather quickly.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2007, 04:52:43 AM »
Neoro, theres allways a chance of a computer driven Sell Stop blowout/ meltdown.
Stoploss sell orders trip like dominoes SO fast they cant be stopped.

The dow chart is looking very good long term now. Its established a very nice base up there.
It has nice technical stops under the highs...

Quit talking shit and learn to trade. That includes shorting  ;)

On a pleasant note, your talk is as reasonable as the talking heads on CNBC MSN etc.
TIP- DONT LISTEN TO THEM AS YOU WATCH CHARTS AND TRADE. JUST WATCH THE CHARTS MOVE LIVE.

Read any trading book by Toni Turner or Jack Schwagert to get a feel for the charts.
There have been some cause for real cocern awhile back, the new base pretty much ends taht.

Almost NObody knows WTF they are talkin about on charts... Want some good learning sources PM me.

If your negative, learn to short. Its much more proitable tahn long. Fear strongetr than greed. 3x as strong is the rule.................... ....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ;)
Got to fly back to the NAS heat map now, no time to spell,,,,

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2007, 07:48:02 AM »
YOu know ZERO about the market... ;)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2007, 08:28:41 AM »
If your negative, learn to short. Its much more proitable tahn long.

Bro contrarian trading strategies, are the epitome of money in a bull market, they rely on conversion...ex: "CNN Effect"

I have a friend that was a ghostwriter for some chock that was a cnbc analyst, he told me if here trading is anything like her idea or spelling well then the government may bring back debters prison

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2007, 08:39:59 AM »
Im no pro trader, I know a couple... Neuro gives no reason.. Where/ WHy is support going to breach?

Hes clueless.
But disaster meltdowns happen fast these days, that why many daytraders go "Flat" and never hold ovenight. They also ride > 2:1 margin leverage  free for the day like that...
BIgest money bargin on Earth if ya gots the guts/balls and equity to ride...

Fuck mly Keying... Nuro aint worth cleaninitup... You get the pictures though..

Talks that shit he should play and get rich.. ;)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2007, 08:42:44 AM »
Sure they cash out but that does not mean they do not lose money

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2007, 10:17:21 AM »
FYI.....SPX support is 1441.88. if it breaks, 1402.00 is next level of support.

trab, your out of your league.

DOUCHEBAG.

SO YOu Trades? You do... Nuro

Ive not paid close look lately... sounds like yur runnin a tight stop to me....

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2007, 04:06:41 PM »
Nero.... check this play.

How'z about sumfin like - HAFC (SHORT JUST FOR YOU  ;)) if it trades <$9.2
Stop @ >9.8  for a point to 1.75 ride down?
What'ya think?

It didnt do much today (Up day), its been dying a slow death... Might as well bleed it out if the op arise.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
And, Heres sum more candy 4-U...... EICU EPIX COLY

Even YOU can (prolly) actually afford to play these,,,
And, WTF YOU worry about the DOW for?
You couldn't afford the minis  ;D.

You talk a lot of shit. ;)    $ee Ya!