Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 462200 times)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k..........
« Reply #875 on: May 05, 2008, 11:17:37 AM »
lots of manipulating going on right now in this market. without some earth shattering positive economic news, 13,000 will be where this earnings season rally ends IMHO.

NT

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #876 on: May 05, 2008, 11:59:43 AM »
Interesting to see how much effort the PPT will put into this.  Most likely trying to keep a hold until Bush gets out.   Then booooom.

muscleslaveny

• Getbig I
« Reply #877 on: May 05, 2008, 12:59:03 PM »
 you know  nothing  about stocks but your cute

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #878 on: May 05, 2008, 01:13:11 PM »
you know  nothing  about stocks but your cute

???   :D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #879 on: May 05, 2008, 07:38:40 PM »
The dollar weakened against 11 of the 16 most-traded currencies after Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke said in a speech that mortgage delinquencies will weigh on U.S. economic growth.

The currency may decline for a second day against the euro and yen after Fed data showed yesterday that its seven interest rate cuts since September haven't made it cheaper to borrow money. The Australian dollar traded near a 24-year high on speculation the country's central bank will keep borrowing costs at a 12-year high today to curb inflation.

``It's going to be a bumpy ride for the dollar,'' said Richard Grace, chief currency strategist in Sydney at Commonwealth Bank of Australia, the nation's second-largest lender. ``Bernanke's comments may cause the dollar to fall against the euro. The implication is the Fed is going to continue to provide liquidity.''

Bernanke said rising mortgage foreclosures may push home prices down further, hurting the broader economy and threatening the financial system, in a speech to a Columbia Business School dinner. He also said lenders should forgive portions of mortgages and backed the idea of a federal agency refinancing troubled home loans.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #880 on: May 06, 2008, 07:58:16 AM »

oil will be down to 70 by christmas time. 

Crude oil hits new high of $121.49 on weak dollar

May 6, 2008
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Crude-oil futures gained for a third day Tuesday, rising more than $1.5 to a new record of $121.49 a barrel, as weakness in the U.S. dollar boosted dollar-denominated oil prices.

NT

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #881 on: May 06, 2008, 08:11:09 AM »
The dollar weakened against 11 of the 16 most-traded currencies after Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke said in a speech that mortgage delinquencies will weigh on U.S. economic growth.

The currency may decline for a second day against the euro and yen after Fed data showed yesterday that its seven interest rate cuts since September haven't made it cheaper to borrow money. The Australian dollar traded near a 24-year high on speculation the country's central bank will keep borrowing costs at a 12-year high today to curb inflation.

``It's going to be a bumpy ride for the dollar,'' said Richard Grace, chief currency strategist in Sydney at Commonwealth Bank of Australia, the nation's second-largest lender. ``Bernanke's comments may cause the dollar to fall against the euro. The implication is the Fed is going to continue to provide liquidity.''

Bernanke said rising mortgage foreclosures may push home prices down further, hurting the broader economy and threatening the financial system, in a speech to a Columbia Business School dinner. He also said lenders should forgive portions of mortgages and backed the idea of a federal agency refinancing troubled home loans.

Alot of people wonder when the housing prices will bottom out.  In my opinion its an easy answer.  They have to go back to early 2000 when prices were more realistic with income earnings.   But now ive changed my opinion because back then fuel prices were reasonable as was food and credit.   Since then many are losing jobs or forced to take paycuts because of less spending in individual businesses.   Another factor is that builders overbuilt and theres more homes than needed..(Of course theyre overpriced and arent moving).

So now we have stagflation rearing its head, too many homes on the market, job losses or layoffs...etc.   Indeed if the Fed didnt bailout the mortgage banks we'd be in hella trouble.

Home pricing will fall to below 2000 rates easily, if not more.   Much worse conditions from this admin than imagined.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #882 on: May 06, 2008, 08:11:56 AM »

Crude oil hits new high of $121.49 on weak dollar

May 6, 2008
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Crude-oil futures gained for a third day Tuesday, rising more than $1.5 to a new record of $121.49 a barrel, as weakness in the U.S. dollar boosted dollar-denominated oil prices.

NT

I think you already made your point, alex made a mistake, big deal. I wonder if you would have a meltdown if someone start messing with your bro. Lets try?

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #883 on: May 06, 2008, 10:30:55 AM »
I think you already made your point, alex made a mistake, big deal. I wonder if you would have a meltdown if someone start messing with your bro. Lets try?

NT created this thread to provide info for those following the stock market.

Alex comes on this thread and starts talking shit to NT for no reason, makes some bullshit calls, and then is exposed for his complete lack of understanding the markets.  If NT did not continually embarrass him, he would be 10 times as likey to force his stupidity on us as he is now.

His next prediction was "Oil is in a Bubble" which is about as worthwhile a piece of info as saying "its going to rain in the future"

I guess he has pulled back the specifics of his predictions, but still feels the need to run his mouth and chase attention.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #884 on: May 06, 2008, 06:26:35 PM »

Fuck you, I find it entertaining. ;D

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #885 on: May 06, 2008, 08:59:39 PM »
NT created this thread to provide info for those following the stock market.

Alex comes on this thread and starts talking shit to NT for no reason, makes some bullshit calls, and then is exposed for his complete lack of understanding the markets.  If NT did not continually embarrass him, he would be 10 times as likey to force his stupidity on us as he is now.

His next prediction was "Oil is in a Bubble" which is about as worthwhile a piece of info as saying "its going to rain in the future"

I guess he has pulled back the specifics of his predictions, but still feels the need to run his mouth and chase attention.

LOL.  Like having a big dog bark when your doorbell rings.       Makes em think twice. ;D

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #886 on: May 07, 2008, 03:29:21 AM »
Fed's Hoenig says inflation troublesome and too high

May 7, 2008

DENVER (MarketWatch) -- A veteran U.S. central bank official said Tuesday he's worried about a deteriorating inflationary environment, and suggested that when the Federal Reserve begins to raise rates, it could do so swiftly.
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City President Thomas Hoenig said rising inflationary pressures are "troublesome" and a "serious" matter, and now stand at "unacceptably high levels." He added, "the bigger concern is that these increases are beginning to generate an inflation psychology to an extent that I have not seen since the 1970s and early 1980s."
Hoenig fretted further that "there is a significant risk that higher inflation will become embedded in the economy and require significant monetary policy tightening to reduce it."

finally, a Fed member talking some sense !

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #887 on: May 07, 2008, 07:56:37 AM »
right now this market is solely dependent on "market makers" forcing shorts to cover their positions in order to move the market higher.

no new money is entering.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #888 on: May 07, 2008, 01:11:04 PM »

i expect the market to fail @ the Dow 13,000 area.

U.S. Stocks Decline, Led by Financials on New Securities Rules

May 7 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. stocks declined the most in a month, led by financial shares, after new securities rules spurred speculation investment banks will be forced to reveal additional losses.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average slid 211.61, or 1.6 percent, to 12,809.22.

NT

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #889 on: May 07, 2008, 06:01:25 PM »

Paulson sees end of credit crunch 

US Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson has said that the worst of the credit crunch may have passed. He said the financial market turmoil that has led to massive losses at Wall Street banks had eased.
However, he acknowledged that the US economy was still facing tough times as people coped with soaring petrol prices and a weak job market.

He said rising energy prices could limit the effect of a $168bn (£86bn) package to stimulate the economy through tax rebates.

"Obviously, the high price of gasoline is unwelcome and is a challenge and is a headwind," he said.
Oil prices have hit a record level of $123 a barrel and this has been reflected in pump prices.

Many economists expect the US to fall into a recession this year as a housing slump and market turmoil take their toll on the wider economy.

But Mr Paulson said he expected the economy to improve this year as the tax rebates get businesses and consumers spending again.

However, he said that credit markets were still not functioning in a normal manner.
"I wouldn't be surprised at all to see more bumps in the road," he said.

::)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #890 on: May 07, 2008, 06:20:09 PM »
if you had 100K American sitting around and since the dollar is tanking what currencies would you put it in?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #891 on: May 07, 2008, 07:04:29 PM »
if you had 100K American sitting around and since the dollar is tanking what currencies would you put it in?

The amero.  ;D

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #892 on: May 07, 2008, 07:11:16 PM »

The amero.  ;D

:(

I hope it doesn't happen.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #893 on: May 07, 2008, 08:19:22 PM »
Neurotoxin,

Can you answer my question @ http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=213529.0 ?

Thank you!
S

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #894 on: May 07, 2008, 09:29:07 PM »

Send me a PM, I have a few ideas for you.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #895 on: May 09, 2008, 03:39:32 AM »
guys....pay no attention to the market during earnings season in a Bear Market. too much game playing goes on to suck the general public back in. most economic news is horrible on a daily basis and the market still heads higher....now's the time to be very careful. these rallies are referred to as Bear Market rallies from shorts covering their positions.

i expect the market to fail @ the Dow 13,000 area.

now that the market has failed @ Dow 13,000;)  i expect Dow 12,500 to be our next stop on the downside.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #896 on: May 09, 2008, 04:11:19 AM »
Mortgage crisis seeps to prime loans

May 9 2008 USA TODAY
The first concrete evidence that delinquencies on mortgage bills have spread well beyond those with subpar credit shows that even prime borrowers have increasingly fallen behind on their house payments.

About 2.3% of prime loans were 60 days' past due in February, the highest level in at least a decade

NT

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #897 on: May 09, 2008, 04:32:22 PM »

now that the market has failed @ Dow 13,000;)  i expect Dow 12,500 to be our next stop on the downside.

NT

What is lowest prediction?  9500?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #898 on: May 09, 2008, 07:26:21 PM »
Sorry to go a little off topic in your thread, but I have another question if you don't mind.

Has/will gold ever drastically lose value?

???
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #899 on: May 09, 2008, 11:37:05 PM »
Has/will gold ever drastically lose value?

Yes, the gold chain for example, loses value when it turns your skin green when you get it wet in the shower.