Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 462203 times)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k..........
« Reply #1000 on: June 02, 2008, 03:35:24 PM »
U.S. Stocks Drop, Led by Financials

June 2 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. stocks fell for the first time in five days after Wachovia Corp. ousted its chief executive officer and Standard & Poor's lowered its debt ratings on three of Wall Street's biggest securities firms.

The S&P 500 Index lost 14.71 points, or 1.1 percent, to 1,385.67. The Dow Jones Industrial Average decreased 134.5, or 1.1 percent, to 12,503.82. The Nasdaq Composite Index retreated 31.13, or 1.2 percent, to 2,491.53. Three stocks dropped for each that rose on the New York Stock Exchange.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1001 on: June 02, 2008, 04:37:15 PM »

SS, your numbers are incorrect.

i started the thread at 13,167.00.....the Dow then rallied to nearly 13,800.00 by December. at Dow 13,800.00, i continued to say GET OUT if you wanted to save your money. (my old posts do not lie)

The first post of this thread was on Nov 12th 2007.  That is the date I used.  If we go back to Nov 9th, the Dow was 13,042.  The market closed today at 12,503.

I am comparing where you made the claim to where we are now and that is a difference of 500 points in the span of 7 months  You are comparing the Highest DOW to the Lowest Dow that occurred during the time of this thread.  I don't think that is a fair way to gauge your prediction.

I am just raising some talking points.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #1002 on: June 02, 2008, 06:45:56 PM »
The first post of this thread was on Nov 12th 2007.  That is the date I used.  If we go back to Nov 9th, the Dow was 13,042.  The market closed today at 12,503.

I am comparing where you made the claim to where we are now and that is a difference of 500 points in the span of 7 months  You are comparing the Highest DOW to the Lowest Dow that occurred during the time of this thread.  I don't think that is a fair way to gauge your prediction.

I am just raising some talking points.

Whats interesting is that even the market guys are wondering WTH with the numbers??    Printing money , borrowing money and recirculating it will lead to the eventual collapse of the market numbers.
Im suprised its been propped up this long...bush will try to keep it high till he leaves, and it may drop like a rock so that realistic re-building can begin.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1003 on: June 03, 2008, 08:44:21 AM »
SS, i suggest you start your own finanical thread, as i'd hate to confuse you.
NT

NT,

You predicted a DOW CRASH coming to the 401k.  With a 500 point difference from where the market was when you made that post, to where it is now, I am just not seeing this crash in the stock market.

I think you are reading things that I did not write.  I never insulted you. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1004 on: June 03, 2008, 08:53:20 AM »
George Soros, the billionaire hedge fund manager, will warn later today that the oil price has become a bubble that could trigger a stock market crash.

The Financial Times reported today that Soros will tell the US Senate commerce committee that oil was pushed to its recent all-time peak of $135 a barrel by a new wave of speculators.

He believes that the doubling in the price over the last year is partly due to investment institutions, such as pension funds, who are pumping money into indexes that track the cost of crude.

According to the FT, Soros will warn that there could be very serious consequences for global stock markets if the institutions suddenly began betting on a fall in the oil price.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #1005 on: June 03, 2008, 09:02:28 AM »
George Soros, the billionaire hedge fund manager, will warn later today that the oil price has become a bubble that could trigger a stock market crash.

The Financial Times reported today that Soros will tell the US Senate commerce committee that oil was pushed to its recent all-time peak of $135 a barrel by a new wave of speculators.

He believes that the doubling in the price over the last year is partly due to investment institutions, such as pension funds, who are pumping money into indexes that track the cost of crude.

According to the FT, Soros will warn that there could be very serious consequences for global stock markets if the institutions suddenly began betting on a fall in the oil price.

I hope oil is a bubble.  While the price in the US is not sustainable, the rest of the world is begging for as much as we can drill.     Big oil thinks they are set and the US is a non-issue.... :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1006 on: June 03, 2008, 09:05:42 AM »
Cue people to call Soros a lib and ignore everything he says.

Cue market to crash in a month and everyone blames "libs" when all the did was warn us about what the repubs in charge were doing.

LOL... stupid people.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #1007 on: June 03, 2008, 09:47:36 AM »
NT,

You predicted a DOW CRASH coming to the 401k.  With a 500 point difference from where the market was when you made that post, to where it is now, I am just not seeing this crash in the stock market.

I think you are reading things that I did not write.  I never insulted you. 

I agree with you.
NT is know for failing at his predictions, he couldnt predict his homosexual's brother death either.fail

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1008 on: June 03, 2008, 10:11:47 AM »
NT,

You predicted a DOW CRASH coming to the 401k.  With a 500 point difference from where the market was when you made that post, to where it is now, I am just not seeing this crash in the stock market.

I think you are reading things that I did not write.  I never insulted you.  

14,200 was the market HIGH....it now sits at 12,360.

NT

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #1009 on: June 03, 2008, 11:24:21 AM »

14,200 was the market HIGH....it now sits at 12,360. spin your numbers as you like. 

NT

I am dancing over your homo's bro grave hahahah

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1010 on: June 03, 2008, 12:34:58 PM »
Hank Paulson's tour of the Middle East has taken on an unseemly quality as the Treasury Secretary has been effectively reduced to begging for both cash and relief from high oil prices.

"We are urging all oil-producing countries to open oil markets to foreign investment, which would support faster and more efficient growth," Paulson said, the WSJ reports.

Of course, Paulson can't take a hard line with OPEC because America has no energy policy and because we need foreign dollars to fund our deficit and help bail out ailing financial institutions.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #1011 on: June 03, 2008, 01:05:39 PM »
NT. i didnt read into storms posts that he was trying to argue.  Just wanted some clarification on the numbers.      Those of us that have read every page see that you have explained this but some may need refreshing time to time.

The exact numbers dont matter because the dow is a false number anyway.   Its just barely been realized that the PPT even exists to manipulate the market........This market will crash big time if oil is not regulated .......and its timed for when bush leaves.

We will continue to see homes lost, food prices rise, gas rise and job losses will be huge.  All this will be while the govt posts numbers telling you how well your doing!!!

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1012 on: June 03, 2008, 01:50:14 PM »
NT. i didnt read into storms posts that he was trying to argue.  Just wanted some clarification on the numbers.      Those of us that have read every page see that you have explained this but some may need refreshing time to time.

The exact numbers dont matter because the dow is a false number anyway.   Its just barely been realized that the PPT even exists to manipulate the market........This market will crash big time if oil is not regulated .......and its timed for when bush leaves.

We will continue to see homes lost, food prices rise, gas rise and job losses will be huge.  All this will be while the govt posts numbers telling you how well your doing!!!

i didn't think he was arguing WH, but SS's numbers were incorrect. furthermore, he's missing the point of why i started the thread. if someone jumped into the market at 14,000+, i wanted them to know the longterm trend was about to turn on them. i also wanted them to know that a recession was likely coming. historically, stock markets decline in recessionary periods and produce bear markets. (which we are in) bear markets typically experience numerous short cover, or bear market rallies ( i speak  about them often ) which slow down a markets decline. throw in the PPT and things slow down further.

remember, i started this thread when no one talked recession or inflation. the Dow had just broken an all time record high and the world was good !

my opinion at the time (Nov) differed from most, but turned out to be a fair assessment of our current situation.

looking ahead, my objective is to be out in front of the curve when the market eventually turns to the upside. great opportunities await.  :D

NT   

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1013 on: June 03, 2008, 02:08:09 PM »

i didn't think he was arguing WH, but SS's numbers were incorrect. furthermore, he's missing the point of why i started the thread. if someone jumped into the market at 14,000+, i wanted them to know the longterm trend was about to turn on them. i also wanted them to know that a recession was likely coming. historically, stock markets decline in recessionary periods and produce bear markets. (which we are in) bear markets typically experience numerous short cover, or bear market rallies ( i speak  about them often ) which slow down a markets decline. throw in the PPT and things slow down further.

remember, i started this thread when no one talked recession or inflation. the Dow had just broken an all time record high and the world was good !

my opinion at the time (Nov) differed from most, but turned out to be a fair assessment of our current situation.

looking ahead, my objective is to be out in front of the curve when the market eventually turns to the upside. great opportunities await.  :D

NT   

If you read the quote I just posted, it looks to me like we have billions of domestic money that is looking for a home in overseas oil ??

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1014 on: June 03, 2008, 02:38:03 PM »
Stocks sustain losses

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks tumbled Tuesday, as investors eyed reports that Lehman Brothers may need to raise more capital amid the credit market fallout and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's hints that the central bank will stop cutting interest rates.
The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) lost just over 100 points, or 0.8%. The broader Standard & Poor's 500 (SPX) index lost 0.6% and the Nasdaq composite (COMP) lost 0.4%.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1015 on: June 04, 2008, 01:38:42 PM »
guys....

Bernanke Says Rise in Inflation a `Concern'

June 4 (Bloomberg) -- Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke said while rising public expectations for inflation are a ``significant concern,'' there's little sign of the pressures that drove price increases above 10 percent in the 1970s.

``Some indicators of longer-term inflation expectations have risen in recent months, which is a significant concern'' for the Fed, Bernanke said today in a speech during a Class Day ceremony at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Policy makers ``need to monitor that situation closely.''

Signs of increasing prices compelled Bernanke and other Fed policy makers to signal in April they'll pause after reducing the benchmark interest rate by 3.25 percentage points since September. The Fed is trying to sustain economic growth and minimize harm from the collapse of the subprime mortgage market without impairing its credibility on inflation.

Bernanke's remarks focused on the differences between the U.S. economy now and in the 1970s. The combination of a housing slump and slow growth along with surging food and energy costs has prompted economists to resurrect the term ``stagflation,'' first used in the 1960s to describe a mix of slow growth and rising prices

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1016 on: June 04, 2008, 02:13:14 PM »
the PPT working hard to avoid retesting the 11,700 area. right now, semi's are the strongest sector. keep in mind, in order to sustain a rally, the semi's and financials must work together.

with the financials acting so weak, it's difficult to get much traction. 

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1017 on: June 05, 2008, 03:13:04 PM »
U.S. stock indexes break losing streak
Dow industrials climb more than 200 points after three-day decline

June 5, 2008 (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks on Thursday rallied higher following a three-day downward spiral, after weekly jobless claims dropped more than forecast ahead of Friday's employment report and Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s same-store-sales results topped expectations.

guys, today was a textbook example of a bear market/short cover rally. the government stated jobless claims dropped forcing short players to run for cover. 

net result : 213 point rally on light volume.

i expect the market to head lower.

NT 

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1018 on: June 05, 2008, 03:18:32 PM »
daily news ....

U.S. Mortgage Delinquencies, Foreclosures at Record 

June 5 (Bloomberg) -- The number of Americans in danger of losing their homes to foreclosure rose to the highest in at least three decades during the first quarter as borrowers who fell behind on payments were unable to sell their homes.

Falling home prices have stalled U.S. real estate sales, making it difficult for people who can't pay their mortgages to sell the properties. 

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1019 on: June 05, 2008, 03:52:39 PM »
daily news....

Continental Airlines to cut flights, 3,000 jobs

June 5, 2008 USA TODAY
Continental Airlines said Thursday it is cutting 3,000 jobs and reducing capacity by 11%, a response to the record-high fuel prices that are triggering the industry's worst crisis since 9/11.

"The airline industry is in a crisis," wrote Larry Kellner, Continental's chairman and CEO, in a letter to employees. "Its business model doesn't work with the current price of fuel and the existing level of capacity in the marketplace."

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1020 on: June 05, 2008, 03:58:59 PM »
daily news....

Americans $1.7 trillion poorer
Americans' net worth falls for the second straight quarter as home and stock prices decline.

June 5, 2008: 
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Americans saw their net worth decline by $1.7 trillion in the first quarter - as declines in home values and the stock market ravaged their holdings.

NT

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #1021 on: June 05, 2008, 07:49:22 PM »
Ive said it many times here.     "Capitialism is a pyramid scheme"   

At some point the FEW AT THE TOP (Corporations) demand more than can be givin by those in the middle and bottom.     The law of supply and demand would normally save us, but not this time.

This time the dollar is forced to collapse, the middle class is gone,and next is upper class.   The elites will have their way with you.     The constitution is being erased...so prepare.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1022 on: June 05, 2008, 08:19:16 PM »
daily news....

Americans $1.7 trillion poorer
Americans' net worth falls for the second straight quarter as home and stock prices decline.

June 5, 2008: 
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Americans saw their net worth decline by $1.7 trillion in the first quarter - as declines in home values and the stock market ravaged their holdings.

NT

I have never made more money than I have in the last 3 years, losers will always find ways to blame others for their failures.

Winners will allow nothing to get in the way of their success.

This is the new party Loser Democrats of today who prey on the weak and poor for votes.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #1023 on: June 05, 2008, 08:22:54 PM »
I have never made more money than I have in the last 3 years, losers will always find ways to blame others for their failures.

Winners will allow nothing to get in the way of their success.

This is the new party Loser Democrats of today who prey on the weak and poor for votes.

Youre next.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1024 on: June 05, 2008, 08:26:51 PM »

Youre next.

God...is that you?  Why post as War Horse Lord?

LMAO...thanks Nostrodumb ous